Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Political compass for the21st century
(03-18-2021, 01:48 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Ah, so the new incarnation of you has more moderated positions. Very good.

Now, maybe you can begin to see that "sex, drugs and rock'n'roll", as the modern-day version of wine, women and song, has its place too, and I agree that "a civilized person puts other, more complex goals first". I also contend that the 2nd-turning version was better than the 3T version, because it had its high-art "extropy" aspects. These may not be so apparent in the portion that is readily available on mainstream media. That's why I recommend you peruse my list! 
http://philosopherswheel.com/ericrock.html (and brower too; he still prefers the previous 4T version)

I decided to listen to one song per day. Today is time for The Who with "Won't Get Fooled Again" and I definitely enjoy it. The length is a surprise, I'm used to song that last for 3-4 minutes, not 8. Some 2T music is stuporous and boring, like some 3T music is chaotic and aggressive. But I was wrong to assume all 2T music is like the music I disliked.

I can tentatively conclude that Boomers will be remembered as musically talented, like Transcendentals are remembered as great poets.

Quote:I see how the word "extropy" relates to "entropy," the 2nd law of thermodynamics used to propose the ultimate run-down of the universe, and how extropy might be an alternative to this supposed destiny. If that's what it means, heartily agree. I believe some people used the word "negentropy" for this, probably based on the work of Pierre Teilhard de Chardin.

You've got this right. Negentropy sounds weird though, it's a positive thing so why the "neg" as in "negative".

Ultimate run-down of the universe will happen in about 100 trillion years, so we shouldn't worry about it. The Cosmos is still a child. Most civilizations are yet to be born, and it's likely we are the first to arise, at least in the Milky Way galaxy.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Political compass for the21st century - by Captain Genet - 03-19-2021, 04:03 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Controversial Political Opinions JasonBlack 181 39,131 12-20-2022, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  How Birth Year Influences Political Views Dan '82 12 15,419 10-07-2020, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Comprehensive Political Cycle Theory jleagans 15 10,765 03-19-2019, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Marypoza
  Where to post political topics Webmaster 0 10,951 05-06-2016, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Webmaster