Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Trump: America's Berlusconi?
(01-13-2017, 12:58 PM)SomeGuy Wrote: Teacher,

To answer your question, some quotes:

Quote:“What is truth? For the multitude, that which it continually reads and hears.” 

― Oswald SpenglerThe Decline of the West, Vol 2: Perspectives of World History

Quote:“The press today is an army with carefully organized weapons, the journalists its officers, the readers its soldiers. The reader neither knows nor is supposed to know the purposes for which he is used and the role he is to play.” 

― Oswald Spengler
[/url]
Quote:“To-day we live so cowed under the bombardment of this intellectual artillery(the media) that hardly anyone can attain to the inward detachment that is required for a clear view of the monstrous drama. The will-to-power operating under a pure democratic disguise has finished off its masterpiece so well that the object's sense of freedom is actually flattered by the most thorough-going enslavement that has ever existed” 

― [url=https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/88483.Oswald_Spengler]Oswald Spengler
The Decline of the West, Vol 2: Perspectives of World History

Quote:“Through money, democracy becomes its own destroyer, after money has destroyed intellect.” 

― Oswald Spengler

I mention the press as well, because, as this page does a nice job of summarizing, to Spengler, money and democracy and the media are inseparable.
Will give it a good read.  Unfortunately, the Reilly title is not available at any library in our countywide system.  I could order it on Amazon, I suppose, but I'm into "free stuff" right now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Donald Trump: America's Berlusconi? - by Odin - 01-13-2017, 08:06 AM
RE: Donald Trump: America's Berlusconi? - by Odin - 01-13-2017, 09:27 PM
RE: Donald Trump: America's Berlusconi? - by TeacherinExile - 01-13-2017, 02:02 PM
RE: Donald Trump: America's Berlusconi? - by Odin - 01-13-2017, 09:31 PM
RE: Donald Trump: America's Berlusconi? - by Odin - 01-13-2017, 08:01 AM
RE: Donald Trump: America's Berlusconi? - by Odin - 01-15-2017, 08:38 PM
RE: Donald Trump: America's Berlusconi? - by Odin - 01-13-2017, 07:54 AM
RE: Donald Trump: America's Berlusconi? - by Odin - 01-14-2017, 10:40 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] Prominent Republicans call for Donald Trump to drop out of the nomination Bronsin 16 22,133 10-18-2016, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Webmaster