Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S. Capitol insurrection was a ‘hoax,’ Michigan Senate leader says in video
(02-13-2021, 10:53 PM)random3 Wrote: Americans say that history never repeats.

Well, at least the recent insurrection is a change of pace.  The collapse of conservative values come the crisis is repetitive enough.

(02-13-2021, 10:53 PM)random3 Wrote: Traitors and bootlickers for the globalists think that global warming is real, the flu can only stopped by killing the economy and trashing the Bill of Rights, closing the border, having mandatory testing, vaccines, and masks, and the elites oppose civil wars by ending elections and banning protesting.

Scientists think global warming is real.  Many believe that lives are more important than dollars.  No one is ending elections or banning protests.  Fools are worried about imaginary problems when real ones are there.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
https://www.boston.com/news/politics/202...ction-vote

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/po...354879001/
(02-14-2021, 07:42 PM)random3 Wrote: https://www.boston.com/news/politics/202...ction-vote

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/po...354879001/

I can see why if a mayoral election is going to be held in the near future already why they don't want to hold a fourth election in recent times.  There seems to be a due process underway.

I agree that the Republicans are going a bit overboard in trying to swat one form of protest in Tennessee.  I don't see the Republicans pushing it in one case as a general trend.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
https://www.newsweek.com/more-750-protes...go-1529801
(02-14-2021, 11:06 PM)random3 Wrote: https://www.newsweek.com/more-750-protes...go-1529801

I note this was a dated article from back last September at a time Trump's secret police were active.  At that time and since protests were not banned, but continued.
(02-14-2021, 11:34 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 11:06 PM)random3 Wrote: https://www.newsweek.com/more-750-protes...go-1529801

I note this was a dated article from back last September at a time Trump's secret police were active.  At that time and since protests were not banned, but continued.

I certainly distrusted the "Trump-Trump Macoutes" (was there a real name for them? The secret police had similar vehicles and typically  a large US flag and a Trump banner...)
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Americans say that arresting protesters is proof
that protesting is legal.
(02-15-2021, 04:44 AM)random3 Wrote: Americans say that arresting protesters is proof that protesting is legal.

They certainly didn't arrest all of them. There were too many back when Trump was not listening to the people. They only arrested individuals who gave cause. There were enough of them.
(02-15-2021, 01:41 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: I certainly distrusted the "Trump-Trump Macoutes" (was there a real name for them? The secret police had similar vehicles and typically  a large US flag and a Trump banner...)

I used Google on Macoutes and came up with the TonTon Macoute, French for 'Uncle Gunnysack', a paramilitary organization under Papa Doc and Baby Doc in Haiti.  Apparently Uncle Gunnysack was originally like the boogyman, used to scare misbehaving children.  He would kidnap kids, put them in a gunnysack, and eat them for breakfast.  The TonTon Macoute may not have been racist, but they were otherwise a typical dictator's tool of oppression.  They in time earned the nickname.

I had never heard of the Trump-Trump Macoutes before, but I could see someone adapting the original name for Trump's secret police.
Exactly.

The government does not police itself. Government workers are not kind saints.

When a business sucks, it goes bankrupt. When the government sucks, it gets bigger.

Do you realize that the USA is supposed to be a free country?

Do you realize that the USA is no longer a democracy?

Do you realize that the USA fought the British, the Nazis, the North Koreans, and Saddam because tyranny is bad?

Do you think government workers are more moral than you are?

Do you think the government can live your life better than you do?

Does the government spend your money better than you do?

Do you realize that you no longer have any rights?

Do you realize that everything is illegal now?

Do you realize that personal responsibility means to be responsible for your actions, not being forced by the government?

Do you realize that you no longer have the right to free speech?

Do you realize that no longer have religious freedom?

Do you realize that guns are illegal?

Do you realize that your web browsing, emails and, phone calls are being wiretapped?

Do you realize that you no longer have property rights?

Do you realize that the TSA will grope you if you travel?

Do you realize that you no longer have the right to remain silent?

Do you realize that government can indefinitely detain you without trial?

Do you realize that the government can torture you?

Do you realize that the government can extrajudicially assassinate you?

Do you realize the USA is bankrupt?

Do you realize that the USA is a warmonger?

Wake up.
Too many entries to answer them all.  In general…

The Republicans though the unraveling practiced elitism, racism and voodoo economics.  Bad ideas all around.  A huge imbalance of wealth.  Bad cops shooting minorities at whim.  Periodic economic collapses when they own the White House.  It is looking like the crisis is finally here, and the problems will be attacked though the democracy that you believe doesn’t exist.

Me, I live in a very blue place and don’t see any of the problems you describe.
Collapse of the USA is not a theory.

You just need to look outside your window to see it.

Who hasn't been arrested, been prevented from traveling, had a school closed, received welfare, been wiretapped, been groped by the TSA, had to wear a mask, lost a job, or had a business closed?
(02-15-2021, 07:59 AM)random3 Wrote: Collapse of the USA is not a theory.

You just need to look outside your window to see it.

Who hasn't been arrested, been prevented from traveling, had a school closed, received welfare, been wiretapped, been groped by the TSA, had to wear a mask, lost a job, or had a business closed?

Out my window I can see serval holes in the ice where the weather is a bit warmer and the ice is likely not safe to walk on.  This happens every year and is not a sign of the country failing.

I have not been arrested.  I have not been traveling lately, and therefore not been groped.  I am not going to school.  I have nothing to be wiretapped for or reason to suspect it.  I have not recently lost a job.  Last time was the fall of 2001.  It was a notable time, but the US didn't fall.  I never had a business to close. 

I do on occasion wear a mask, a sensible precaution that costs little and saves lives.

Unlike the recent administration, the current one is attacking problems.  Many look to be solved, though global warming could take some time.  The lies and delusions of the red do not effect me.  They do seem to afflict you.  They have you posting lies regularly and trying to spread your panic.

I don't know.  I have a feeling that the response should be the political equivalent of take two aspirin and call me in the morning.
(02-15-2021, 05:51 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 01:41 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: I certainly distrusted the "Trump-Trump Macoutes" (was there a real name for them? The secret police had similar vehicles and typically  a large US flag and a Trump banner...)

I used Google on Macoutes and came up with the TonTon Macoute, French for 'Uncle Gunnysack', a paramilitary organization under Papa Doc and Baby Doc in Haiti.  Apparently Uncle Gunnysack was originally like the boogyman, used to scare misbehaving children.  He would kidnap kids, put them in a gunnysack, and eat them for breakfast.  The TonTon Macoute may not have been racist, but they were otherwise a typical dictator's tool of oppression.  They in time earned the nickname.

I had never heard of the Trump-Trump Macoutes before, but I could see someone adapting the original name for Trump's secret police.

I made it up. I couldn't think of anything out of Stasi, KGB, Cheka, Gestapo, Mukhabarat, Kempeitai, Santebal (Khmer Rouge), OVRA, SAVAK, or the Mississippi Sovereignty Commission. Trump's inchoate secret police didn't yet have a name. Let's all hope that that secret police dies without any chance of resurrection. I wasn't mocking Haiti; I feel nothing but sympathy for the victims that horrible organization. It's the organization that I deride. I hate lawlessness, and lawlessness includes brutal enforcement of the rule of a lawless dictator or despot.

Except for the Mississippi Sovereignty Commission (and, yes, it had all the classic features of a secret police except for a limited territorial scope) they differ from bogeymen in only one respect: they are all too real.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

[Image: 150047558_3967436579945589_4259992161703...e=605109A7]

(02-15-2021, 12:35 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Except for the Mississippi Sovereignty Commission (and, yes, it had all the classic features of a secret police except for a limited territorial scope) they differ from bogeymen in only one respect: they are all too real.

Not sure. Boogymen tend to be loners. It only takes one of them to frighten a child generally. A dictator's paramilitary people tend to travel in packs. I could likely find a few other differences, but you found the relevant one. They are all too real.
At least the libertarian spammer doesn't have to change his name every time he posts a thread or a post, under the new moderators. But why respond to the troll?
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(02-15-2021, 02:46 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: At least the libertarian spammer doesn't have to change his name every time he posts a thread or a post, under the new moderators. But why respond to the troll?

random3 is getting close to being banned -- not for abuse so much. He's just unwilling to follow any rules but his own.  So far, he's irritating but not completely aggravating. If he crosses that line, he's gone.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(02-15-2021, 02:14 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 12:35 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Except for the Mississippi Sovereignty Commission (and, yes, it had all the classic features of a secret police except for a limited territorial scope) they differ from bogeymen in only one respect: they are all too real.

Not sure.  Boogymen tend to be loners.  It only takes one of them to frighten a child generally.  A dictator's paramilitary people tend to travel in packs.  I could likely find a few other differences, but you found the relevant one.  They are all too real.

Ted Bundy was among the exceptions. He was an aspiring politician and worked on a crisis line.
One way Americans are dealing with the US collapse is by being in a state of denial.

Americans say that the USA doesn't have suicides, alcoholism, drugs, homelessness, illegal immigrants, immorality, Obamacare, wars, debt, church closures, martial law, lockdowns, business shutdowns, nationalized companies, cancelled elections, closed borders, arrests of reporters, lawyers, priests, mandatory fingerprint collection, DUI laws, checkpoints, seatbelt laws, car liability insurance laws, neighborhood watch groups, "get tough on crime" politicians, laws allowing mandatory minimums, IMBRA, 3 strikes laws, curfews, police militarization, teen boot camps, school metal detectors, private prisons, chain gangs, nanny state laws, the Patriot Act, NSA wiretapping, no knock raids, take down notices, no fly lists, terror watch lists, Constitution free zones, stop and frisk, kill switches, National Security Letters, DNA databases, kill lists, FBAR, FATCA, Operation Chokepoint, TSA groping, civil forfeiture, CIA torture, NDAA indefinite detention, secret FISA courts, FEMA camps, laws requiring passports for domestic travel, IRS laws denying passports for tax debts, gun and ammo stockpiles, laws outlawing protesting, Jade Helm, sneak and peek warrants, policing for profit, no refusal blood checkpoints, license plate readers, redlight cameras, speed cameras, FBI facial and voice recognition, tattoo databases, gun bans, the end to the right to silence, free speech bans, searches without warrants, CISPA, SOPA, private prison quotas, supermax prisons, FOSTA, sex offender registration laws, and sex offender restriction laws.

Americans scream everything is fine, but their eyes twitch and their hands shake.

Disgusting.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Michigan plot, October 2020 pbrower2a 51 13,096 12-28-2022, 05:25 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  GOP Leader Defends Keeping Election Records Secret chairb 0 606 10-19-2021, 10:14 PM
Last Post: chairb
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,850 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike Einzige 104 26,917 04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 766 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  Senators Grill FBI Director over Use of Geolocation Data to Track Capitol Rioters newvoter 0 657 03-02-2021, 11:21 PM
Last Post: newvoter
  Michigan orchard sues Gov. Gretchen Whitmer to prevent shutdown of business newvoter 2 1,078 03-01-2021, 02:36 AM
  Senate passes bill to ban foreigner home purchases newvoter 2 1,085 02-28-2021, 07:09 AM
  Whitmer proposes funds to ban guns from the Michigan Capitol random3 9 2,525 02-16-2021, 07:13 PM
Last Post: random3
  Michigan is considering move to ban guns inside state Capitol Building random3 20 4,463 02-12-2021, 04:29 AM
Last Post: random3