Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Biden’s foreign policy may not differ much from Trump
Why Biden’s foreign policy may not differ much from Trump

https://www.deseret.com/opinion/2021/2/1...im-ban-who
No. Simply no.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Wow.

Americans think that Biden will restore the Bill of Rights, end the wars, and pay off the US debt.
Why didn't Trump do those things?
Does anyone get the feeling that the Uniparty has been bought off by the elites?
(02-27-2021, 04:35 AM)treehugger Wrote: Wow.

Americans think that Biden will restore the Bill of Rights, end the wars, and pay off the US debt.

(02-27-2021, 05:56 AM)treehugger Wrote: Does anyone get the feeling that the Uniparty has been bought off by the elites?

Does anyone get the feeling that LOL MARX WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG?
Does anyone get the feeling that anyone supporting the police state now is a paid NSA shill?

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2...l-networks
I suspect Russia will be put back on the list of autocratic powers that need to be contained, if possible without war.    With the US having been reminded that crisis war is a bad thing, that putting boots on the ground is a bad idea, I do not anticipate a big conflict in the near future.  Short term I see a bit more containment.  The traditional alliances held by a bunch of presidents of both parties will be restored.  Lately, China has been seeing US containment the most in the form of aircraft and ships going where they aren't wanted.  I see that as likely to continue on similar lines.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
The United States really can't contain Russia or China. America is a declining power in the traditional sense (but this doesn't matter as much, because international Capital is increasingly superseding all national powers).
(02-27-2021, 11:57 AM)Einzige Wrote: The United States really can't contain Russia or China. America is a declining power in the traditional sense (but this doesn't matter as much, because international Capital is increasingly superseding all national powers).

Every once in a while, you write something of real value. Yes, we have chosen, as a world, to allow multinational corporations to operate outside any deterrence structure.  They are now what the UN should have been but was never allowed to be. Is that permanent? Most likely not.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(02-27-2021, 01:42 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(02-27-2021, 11:57 AM)Einzige Wrote: The United States really can't contain Russia or China. America is a declining power in the traditional sense (but this doesn't matter as much, because international Capital is increasingly superseding all national powers).

Every once in a while, you write something of real value. Yes, we have chosen, as a world, to allow multinational corporations to operate outside any deterrence structure.  They are now what the UN should have been but was never allowed to be. Is that permanent? Most likely not.

LOL, nobody's going to stop them.
(02-27-2021, 01:47 PM)Einzige Wrote:

As long as governments maintain a monopoly on the use of physical force, corporations have to comply.  Worst case: waving a checkbook at the 82nd Airborne Division seems a decided mismatch -- not it's likely to go that far.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(02-27-2021, 02:57 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(02-27-2021, 01:47 PM)Einzige Wrote:

As long as governments maintain a monopoly on the use of physical force, corporations have to comply.  Worst case: waving a checkbook at the 82nd Airborne Division seems a decided mismatch -- not it's likely to go that far.

No, you don't understand: 

Who manufactures the airplanes used by the 82nd Airborne? Boeing. Who advertises for the military? Hollywood.Who provide meals eaten on base? Private contractors. It is literally impossible for the United States military to be used in any sort of anticapitalist operation.
Nothing pertinent.  A slight diversion.

I just created a character for fun using the Dungeons and Dragons fifth edition rules.  I didn’t intend her to be an anti capitalist.  I intended for her to be a shape shifting nature champion.  Wild Elf, female, warlock, patron fey, familiar sprite, neutral good.  Among her abilities are to shape shift armored scales, natural weapons, wings, and any disguise.  I got half way through the design, looking for flaws and limits, and discovered she didn’t much need things.  She had healthy survival and nature skills, so could gather food trivially from the wild.  She could cast the alter self spell at will, and thus create any clothing she wanted or needed.  No need to work.  Why did she need things?  Able to imitate a noble in full formal garb through her magic, she none the less can be permanently penniless and without possessions.  Not that she is obnoxious or obsessive about it.  She is just that way.

Among her habits is driving her more 'civilized' companions crazy by speaking with beasts, allowing her to make friends with their horses and let them know what they need or want.  They are not mindless slaves to be used, but our essential equals.  Her habit of laughing when one of her companion's horses snorts is not fully appreciated.

But if she works with the fairly conventional human kingdom nearby to keep her forest wilderness (and the allied kingdom behind it) free of unpleasant creatures, is she part of an evil capitalist conspiracy?  Living in a fantasy environment and thus autocratic culture, does this too leave her hopelessly unenlightened?  I mean, they are all into the capturing the means of production game.  They are awful.  No one owns nature.  Is it unthinkable to allow (shudder) humans into her woods, even if they are effective at beating up monstrosities?

Fortunately, she is part of a sprite culture that can be entirely annoying to any human who outstays they're welcome.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
Nobody cares about your dumbass analogies to DnD the same way that nobody cares about liberal analogies to Harry Potter etc. The United States military will never be *deployed* against a corporation.
(02-27-2021, 08:32 PM)Einzige Wrote: Nobody cares about your dumbass analogies to DnD the same way that nobody cares about liberal analogies to Harry Potter etc. The United States military will never be *deployed* against a corporation.

With your mind set locking into a one issue system, I didn't really expect you to understand.
(02-27-2021, 09:21 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(02-27-2021, 08:32 PM)Einzige Wrote: Nobody cares about your dumbass analogies to DnD the same way that nobody cares about liberal analogies to Harry Potter etc. The United States military will never be *deployed* against a corporation.

With your mind set locking into a one issue system, I didn't really expect you to understand.

I jus have to expand my mind maaaaaaaan and pretend that one flavor of liberal capitalism is substantially different from another flavor of liberal capitalism.
How do Americans deal with hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance now?

Americans say Obama, Russia, Iran, China, and North Korea are BAD and Trump and the USA are GOOD.

Americans love tyranny and insist that they are just victims, nothing is ever their fault, and that they are exempt from the police state.

The US is an immoral bankrupt warmongering police state and Americans scream everything is fine, but their hands shake and their eyes twitch.
(02-27-2021, 09:34 PM)Einzige Wrote:
(02-27-2021, 09:21 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:

I jus have to expand my mind maaaaaaaan and pretend that one flavor of liberal capitalism is substantially different from another flavor of liberal capitalism.

I doubt any one issue perspective you adopted could handle it,
(02-27-2021, 10:03 PM)pmc Wrote: How do Americans deal with hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance now?

Americans say Obama, Russia, Iran, China, and North Korea are BAD and Trump and the USA are GOOD.

Americans love tyranny and insist that they are just victims, nothing is ever their fault, and that they are exempt from the police state.

The US is an immoral bankrupt warmongering police state and Americans scream everything is fine, but their hands shake and their eyes twitch.

Why does this look kind of familiar?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is President Biden too old and dated, or is he the gray champion Eric the Green 47 5,714 09-20-2022, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability pbrower2a 348 88,996 03-11-2022, 11:08 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  Dow Falls as Biden Reportedly Mulls Tax Hike on Rich chairb 7 2,052 10-25-2021, 03:47 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Biden Administration Bans Importation Of Russian Ammunition chairb 0 665 10-21-2021, 03:25 AM
Last Post: chairb
  Biden’s overreach on executive edicts chairb 0 621 10-21-2021, 01:31 AM
  Rep. Bob Gibbs introduces articles of impeachment against Biden chairb 0 608 10-20-2021, 09:31 PM
  Trump-Biden handoff: Business as usual, as usual chairb 0 561 10-20-2021, 05:55 AM
  Biden follows through on pledge to take in more refugees chairb 0 597 10-19-2021, 11:25 PM
  Progressives worry about lobbying, corporate ties in Biden administration chairb 0 596 10-19-2021, 05:22 PM
  Yes, Biden Wants to End Fracking chairb 0 640 10-19-2021, 01:25 AM