Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome fellow ex-TFT Forumites!
Yes there is one.  I'm probably already on it.  I'll play with it but I probably won't use it.

ETA:

Tried it on you Tara, mostly cause you were just there.  The ignore feature works much like the one on the old forum.  As such I won't be making use of it as it would only serve to highlight the content of the person I wish to ignore.  I find it so much easier to ignore people by actually just ignoring them.  Technology does not apparently improve everything.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
my post was meant as a light hearted joke. Maybe a new forum will mellow Eric out some.
Creak! Wheeze! Pulling myself aboard!
(05-07-2016, 10:19 AM)Danilynn Wrote: my post was meant as a light hearted joke. Maybe a new forum will mellow Eric out some.

Well Dan '82 did mention creating a new username so he could have another voice. Maybe Eric could do the same.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again."
—Thomas Paine, Common Sense (1776)

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
—Mark Twain

'98 Millennial
(05-07-2016, 06:08 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(05-07-2016, 05:18 AM)Kinser79 Wrote: Yes there is one.  I'm probably already on it.  I'll play with it but I probably won't use it.

ETA:

Tried it on you Tara, mostly cause you were just there.  The ignore feature works much like the one on the old forum.  As such I won't be making use of it as it would only serve to highlight the content of the person I wish to ignore.  I find it so much easier to ignore people by actually just ignoring them.  Technology does not apparently improve everything.

Ah yes, I found it by clicking on the user cp. Got the hang of this forum now. I wonder if he has blocked us all already? I had a good laugh that that was one of his first thoughts. Where is the ignore button!? Hehehehe! Big Grin Yeah i will not be blocking either, though for different reasons. People help me grow as a person. To put people on an ignore list is to avoid that.

Eric has to make use of the ignore button because everything triggers him. He's a special snowflake. I'm putting emphasis on the special part. You may get it or you may not. I know the Americans will.

(05-07-2016, 10:19 AM)Danilynn Wrote: my post was meant as a light hearted joke. Maybe a new forum will mellow Eric out some.

Don't count on it.

(05-08-2016, 06:12 PM)MillsT_98 Wrote:

Well Dan '82 did mention creating a new username so he could have another voice. Maybe Eric could do the same.

Shush...don't give him ideas. But even if he did, everyone would know it was him. Eric has a particular style of posting and using the language.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
(05-09-2016, 01:32 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: taramarie
Kinser79.... <snip>

Eric has to make use of the ignore button because everything triggers him.  He's a special snowflake.  I'm putting emphasis on the special part.  You may get it or you may not.  I know the Americans will.

Don't count on it.

Rags:   Agreed.

Shush...don't give him ideas.  But even if he did, everyone would know it was him.  Eric has a particular style of posting and using the language.

Rags:  :::Shudder:: That can cause one sock puppet replying to another. Dodgy

Interesting avatar there Kinser.  I wonder if folks will put you ignore for just that.
---Value Added Cool
(05-09-2016, 05:40 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: Rags:  :::Shudder:: That can cause one sock puppet replying to another. Dodgy

Interesting avatar there Kinser.  I wonder if folks will put you ignore for just that.

That would be dodgy, it would also we'd have two Erics.

As to my avatar, anyone who wants to put me on ignore for wanting Daddy to be Prez can go ahead. These same people also probably compare Trump to Hitler. You know because tweeting mean things is exactly the same as gassing 6 million jews.

putting someone on ignore is silly. It seems to only highlight them more.
(05-09-2016, 07:10 PM)Danilynn Wrote: putting someone on ignore is silly. It seems to only highlight them more.

Good to know I'm not the only one that is like that. I was starting to think I was weird. Well okay I probably am weird but still.

Besides, isn't this forum meant to be for open discussion and not just hearing what you want to hear? I wouldn't ignore somebody unless they were actively provoking me.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again."
—Thomas Paine, Common Sense (1776)

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
—Mark Twain

'98 Millennial
(05-10-2016, 07:48 PM)MillsT_98 Wrote: Besides, isn't this forum meant to be for open discussion and not just hearing what you want to hear? I wouldn't ignore somebody unless they were actively provoking me.

Open discussion is great as long as it is civil. Part of the attraction for this forum is hearing different points of view. I just prefer to not hear( or see) a lot of trash.
 … whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Phil 4:8 (ESV)
(05-09-2016, 07:10 PM)Danilynn Wrote: putting someone on ignore is silly. It seems to only highlight them more.

I have put people on ignore for disrespectful, abusive, and insane posting.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

So this is where the party is at
(05-11-2016, 02:16 AM)pbrower2a Wrote:

I'm surprised that you haven't placed yourself on ignore.
(05-11-2016, 11:20 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:

Two reasons he hasn't.

1. He is literally unable to ignore himself. The forum simply doesn't provide that option (and yes I looked).

2. He probably doesn't view his own posts as disrespectful, abusive or insane.

(05-12-2016, 08:44 AM)Kinser79 Wrote:
(05-11-2016, 11:20 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:

I am not naming names, as I have no cause to want them (or spammers banned by the old Forum) to migrate here.
Two reasons he hasn't.

1.  He is literally unable to ignore himself.  The forum simply doesn't provide that option (and yes I looked).

2.  He probably doesn't view his own posts as disrespectful, abusive or insane.

I am not naming names, as I have no cause for them (or spammers banned by the old Forum) to migrate here.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Cynic Hero '86 here, I Have arrived at the new forum.
Video 

Bark!

Nice to have this forum.
(05-19-2016, 12:56 AM)Bad Dog Wrote: Bark!

From my black lab to you, man. Cool

Nice to have this forum.
---Value Added Cool