Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South American Turnings
What do people think about how the turnings are aligned in South America?  It seems like Brazil and Venezuela are both in 4Ts now I’d imagine the rest of the continent is similar.
I'm pretty sure Brazil and Argentina are 2T right now, they had nasty 4Ts involving brutal military dictatorships in the 70s.
#MakeTheDemocratsGreatAgain
My revised thoughts about the Latin American saeculum

Well myself and another former member of the old Fourth Turning forum, have been discussing about Latin America’s saeculum. This poster has known a considerable number of El Salvadorans and is familiar with the country’s recent history. While I have met a considerable number of Chileans, Colombians and Peruvians. Also I am somewhat familiar with the histories and current events in South American countries.

While I have known a considerable number of South Americans and familiar with the history of South America in the late 20th and early 21st centuries. Right now, the former posters who either live in Latin America or are very familiar with it, are all in agreement they are currently in a Crisis and have been throughout possibly the whole of the 2010s. However we have our disagreements on when the last Awakening started, for myself I argue around 1969-70, while this other poster argues for as late as 1973.

Concerning my observations, South America is behind North America on the saeculum. However only by about 5-6 years at most, so I argue that the last Awakening in South America started around 1968-70 and ran pretty much to the end of the 1980s. That is reflected in the South Americans I have met, generationally matching well with Australians.
I would have assumed the drug war in the eighties was Colombia's 4T.
(01-14-2020, 10:08 AM)Remy Renault Wrote: I would have assumed the drug war in the eighties was Colombia's 4T.

People in South America don't consider the 1970s and 1980s as a time of a 'great struggle'. However people in much of Sub-Saharan Africa (especially in South Africa) consider the period from the middle 1970s to middle 1990s as a time of a 'great struggle' in their society.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Turnings/cycles when people move countries nguyenivy 3 2,417 06-13-2021, 11:19 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  South East Asia Teejay 2 2,128 12-07-2019, 01:59 AM
Last Post: Teejay