Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP Fails To Unify
From what is going on at the convention, it looks like the GOP has failed to unify around Trump. As this is just the beginning of the convention, we will see what happens as time goes on. It is not looking good for the GOP though.
But I guarantee that it will look even worse for the Democrats, after the Berniacs raise the specter of Bob Torricelli and the "October surprise," which could could literally cause the Democrats to suffer the same fate as the Whigs.
"These, and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation" - Justice David Brewer, Church of the Holy Trinity v. United States, 1892
83% of Bernie supporters have gotten behind Hillary. There is not going to be an "October Surprise".
#MakeTheDemocratsGreatAgain
Hillary and the skeletons in her closet are a ticking time bomb that could explode at any moment - and if that time bomb blows up, say, one week before Election Day, there will be no time to name a replacement, giving Trump a de-facto walkover.

It's not worth the risk.
"These, and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation" - Justice David Brewer, Church of the Holy Trinity v. United States, 1892
Hillary has no skeletons in her closet. The closet has been invaded and its contents paraded before the world for 25 years.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(07-18-2016, 10:22 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Hillary has no skeletons in her closet. The closet has been invaded and its contents paraded before the world for 25 years.

Uh, no.  Rags thinks there's a lot more buried in the backwoods of the Ozarks. Tongue
---Value Added Cool
Who are they going to nominate? I haven't heard anything in the news yet!
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again."
—Thomas Paine, Common Sense (1776)

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
—Mark Twain

'98 Millennial
(07-18-2016, 07:10 PM)Anthony Wrote: But I guarantee that it will look even worse for the Democrats, after the Berniacs raise the specter of Bob Torricelli and the "October surprise," which could could literally cause the Democrats to suffer the same fate as the Whigs.

Bernie Sanders will never allow that.
(07-19-2016, 10:49 AM)naf140230 Wrote:
(07-18-2016, 07:10 PM)Anthony Wrote: But I guarantee that it will look even worse for the Democrats, after the Berniacs raise the specter of Bob Torricelli and the "October surprise," which could could literally cause the Democrats to suffer the same fate as the Whigs.

Bernie Sanders will never allow that.

They need to nominate Bernie
Heart my 2 yr old Niece/yr old Nephew 2020 Heart
(07-18-2016, 11:51 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(07-18-2016, 10:22 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Hillary has no skeletons in her closet. The closet has been invaded and its contents paraded before the world for 25 years.

Uh, no.  Rags thinks there's a lot more buried in the backwoods of the Ozarks. Tongue

Get thee to Philadelphia; the world awaits.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Two new polls have Trump up higher already, but one (the Q poll, which is usually bad for Hillary) has Hillary up 12. So, we'll see if TRUMP GETS A BUMP.

I say, send him to the DUMP!

It's amazing that people could be so deceived to think that Drumpf is the one "who will bring change." Hillary is the change agent; she's done it for 25 years. Trump only brings chaos, and no change at all. Biz as usual. Change? More trickle-down economics? NO, that's what created the status quo. But too many Americans are still hooked on Reaganspeak.

NO, Trump wants to STOP change. Specifically, the change to a less white society.

Yeah, Trump wants to bring change. Climate change.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(07-19-2016, 11:47 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: Two new polls have Trump up higher already, but one (the Q poll, which is usually bad for Hillary) has Hillary up 12. So, we'll see if TRUMP GETS A BUMP.

I say, send him to the DUMP!

It's amazing that people could be so deceived to think that Drumpf is the one "who will bring change." Hillary is the change agent; she's done it for 25 years. Trump only brings chaos, and no change at all. Biz as usual. Change? More trickle-down economics? NO, that's what created the status quo. But too many Americans are still hooked on Reaganspeak.

NO, Trump wants to STOP change. Specifically, the change to a less white society.

Yeah, Trump wants to bring change. Climate change.

Speaking of chaos, it only makes me think of the Halsey lyric, "Art is not what I create. What I create is chaos," which reminds me of Trump: all he's doing is creating chaos. The "art" in question is the institutions that are supposed to be built during the 4T (not the original meaning of the song)

—Mark Twain

'98 Millennial
Trump might have won the nomination, but he still has not unified the GOP. It does not look like he will.
(07-20-2016, 01:01 AM)naf140230 Wrote: Trump might have won the nomination, but he still has not unified the GOP. It does not look like he will.

I wonder if this means the end for the Republican Party? Or at least it will remain dormant for the rest of the 4T like the last one?

—Mark Twain

'98 Millennial
(07-20-2016, 08:31 PM)MillsT_98 Wrote:
(07-20-2016, 01:01 AM)naf140230 Wrote: Trump might have won the nomination, but he still has not unified the GOP. It does not look like he will.

I wonder if this means the end for the Republican Party? Or at least it will remain dormant for the rest of the 4T like the last one?

The stilettos are out.

One difference between the Republican Party of the 1930s and 1940s  and the contemporary GOP is that the FDR/Truman-era GOP had some civility. The current GOP has none.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

About some people not in this Forum:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTI4afLEdaPsop3Ug5GF-R...cvAHyGfxCg]
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

From a nonpartisan view - if their convention is how they're going to run the government, they will destroy it.

From a partisan viewpoint - that's their plan.
Betcha Ted Cruz endorses Gary Johnson!
Anthony Wrote:Betcha Ted Cruz endorses Gary Johnson!

Whoa!  That would be better than my 5 am quad tall Americano!!!  Too funny, but ultimately not much different than those fire bombings of Tokyo!!!!
There was never any good old days
They are today, they are tomorrow
It's a stupid thing we say
Cursing tomorrow with sorrow
       -- Eugene Hutz
(07-21-2016, 06:46 AM)Anthony Wrote: Betcha Ted Cruz endorses Gary Johnson!

Will never happen, the Theocrats and doctrinaire Libertarians hate each other.
#MakeTheDemocratsGreatAgain

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GOP Leader Defends Keeping Election Records Secret chairb 0 606 10-19-2021, 10:14 PM
Last Post: chairb
  GOP governor pushes Texas’ first sales tax hike in 30 years random3 10 2,880 03-03-2021, 08:21 PM
Last Post: March3
  Ex-GOP Lawmaker: Trump Is “Illegitimate President,” Should Be Impeached mily 21 7,600 12-09-2019, 11:36 PM
Last Post: married1959
  GOP Far From United naf140230 0 1,951 01-07-2017, 09:51 PM
Last Post: naf140230
  The GOP Has Been HIJACKED! Anthony '58 217 116,479 10-14-2016, 07:55 AM
Last Post: Bob Butler 54
  But What If Trump is the GOP's Iturbide? Anthony '58 5 4,117 10-08-2016, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Bob Butler 54
  GOP: Kaine is too moderate Dan '82 8 4,406 07-25-2016, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  GOP vs. PLO naf140230 5 2,853 07-18-2016, 06:39 PM
  GOP Platform to Call for Reinstatement of Glass-Steagall Dan '82 2 1,863 07-18-2016, 06:37 PM