Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You are the stars
Without thoroughly endorsing it, Alan Watts explains why astrology is relevant to reality. A human is a microcosm of the macrocosm. The stars are in your mind. Each being is in relation to the all and to all others. The body is inside the soul. The horoscope is a map of the universe at the time of a person's birth, therefore it was a drawing of the soul, which is the whole universe as it is focused on your organism.  Cool

https://youtu.be/v7vFOU8e0wU?t=55m52s
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Watts goes on to demolish both Galen's individualism and the Marxists' collectivism. We have ecological blindness, the illusion of separateness; the stress in the West on the individual. Marxism is just based on the collections of individuals.
https://youtu.be/v7vFOU8e0wU?t=1h8m28s

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
I'm no prophet but throwing out names is going to stir the pot. Time to get my popcorn. Only a matter of time..... Rolleyes
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(07-28-2016, 01:32 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: Watts goes on to demolish both Galen's individualism and the Marxists' collectivism. We have ecological blindness, the illusion of separateness; the stress in the West on the individual. Marxism is just based on the collections of individuals.

I just got done scanning some of his stuff and it is more of that New Age crap that got started in the seventies, which sadly unlike the seventies, never quite went away.  Sounds about as bad as Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh who was full of shit as well.  I was relieved when he left the state and was not sorry when they planted him in the ground since I knew he wasn't coming back to cause any more problems.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises
Behold! My prophecy came true! I am the true prophet of the forum mwah haha! Big Grin
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(07-28-2016, 01:47 AM)Galen Wrote:
(07-28-2016, 01:32 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: Watts goes on to demolish both Galen's individualism and the Marxists' collectivism. We have ecological blindness, the illusion of separateness; the stress in the West on the individual. Marxism is just based on the collections of individuals.

I just got done scanning some of his stuff and it is more of that New Age crap that got started in the seventies, which sadly unlike the seventies, never quite went away.  Sounds about as bad as Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh who was full of shit as well.  I was relieved when he left the state and was not sorry when they planted him in the ground since I knew he wasn't coming back to cause any more problems.

Well, Mr. Watts got started long before the 1970s, so I guess another Galen theory falls apart. Now that would be an easy prediction, since every doctrine Galen professes is wrong. You don't need Osho to demolish individualism, and you don't need the New Age to do it either. But astrology does help, and so does good philosophy that just makes sense when you hear it. That does not include Mises or Ayn Rand or Hayek or Friedman or Reagan or any other of those nincompoopoos. If Galen thinks he's an individual, he should try breathing with only his own air, or get by without eating and drinking, or even seeing or noticing anything but himself. As Watts said, if you look for yourself, you find the world, and if you look for the world, you find yourself. Interdependence and relationship is just there; no amount of baloney can hide that even from Galen if he bothers to take his nose out of his fraudulent economics books for just a moment to consider reality.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(07-28-2016, 01:41 AM)taramarie Wrote: I'm no prophet but throwing out names is going to stir the pot. Time to get my popcorn. Only a matter of time..... Rolleyes

I would have thrown out a Marxist name too, but kinser has pretty much gone over to the other side just because he hates Hillary and likes his boy Trumpie.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(07-28-2016, 12:46 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

Well, Mr. Watts got started long before the 1970s, so I guess another Galen theory falls apart.

Boomers don't have that much imagination so I always expected that they got their ideas from somewhere else and now I know where.  Watts is simply one of the few GIs that were not as rational as the rest tended to be.  I never said anything about who came first but rather that it sounded like the same crap that I encountered in the seventies when it became popular.  I never heard of the guy until you mentioned him and its just as well.

Your statements about Mises and Hayek simply highlight your ignorance of economics specifically and the world in general.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises
(07-28-2016, 12:55 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(07-28-2016, 01:41 AM)taramarie Wrote: I'm no prophet but throwing out names is going to stir the pot. Time to get my popcorn. Only a matter of time..... Rolleyes

I would have thrown out a Marxist name too, but kinser has pretty much gone over to the other side just because he hates Hillary and likes his boy Trumpie.

I think he likes him for the fact he will start a revolution. Then again he mentioned a few policies he likes that Trump is proposing. He is changing some of his ideas though I think. (kinser) But never mind that is not what this thread is about. What you are talking about sounds similar in concept to Wicca to me. Which is a new age religion. It was fascinating to me as a teenager. I agreed with some concepts, like the law of 3 (karma), the concept of energy and our connection with mother nature due to it, and the power of the moon (although not connected to magic, but rather gravitational pull as well as cycle connections).  I disagreed with how the earth was created and i do not believe in a goddess. It raised some interesting concepts but i also did keep my feet on the ground and related it to science. If you look at it that way it is the most scientific and rational religions out there that i have come to know well if you pick out the rubbish in-between.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(07-28-2016, 01:08 PM)Galen Wrote:
(07-28-2016, 12:46 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

Well, Mr. Watts got started long before the 1970s, so I guess another Galen theory falls apart.

Boomers don't have that much imagination so I always expected that they got their ideas from somewhere else and now I know where.  Watts is simply one of the few GIs that were not as rational as the rest tended to be.  I never said anything about who came first but rather that it sounded like the same crap that I encountered in the seventies when it became popular.  I never heard of the guy until you mentioned him and its just as well.

Xer calling the kettle black re. "imagination" HA!

Quote:Your statements about Mises and Hayek simply highlight your ignorance of economics specifically and the world in general.

IOW yes I disagree with you.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Just have to say the ability to have imagination and creativity is not just confined to one specific generation. it changes constantly with new technology. It changes sound and shape BUT what is not creative is how it usually is influenced by older ideas. Nothing is original. It will 99% of the time have an older origin. (I took art history as part of my degree course). Boomers are no different.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(07-28-2016, 04:05 PM)taramarie Wrote: Just have to say the ability to have imagination and creativity is not just confined to one specific generation. it changes constantly with new technology. It changes sound and shape BUT what is not creative is how it usually is influenced by older ideas. Nothing is original. It will 99% of the time have an older origin. (I took art history as part of my degree course). Boomers are no different.

There is a certain truth to that but you didn't have be around them while they were spouting warmed over Marxism or a bunch of New Age bullshit all the while zoned out on some mind altering substance.  It doesn't look like many brain cells in the skull of Eric the Obtuse survived the sixties and seventies.

(07-29-2016, 12:08 AM)Galen Wrote:
(07-28-2016, 04:05 PM)taramarie Wrote: Just have to say the ability to have imagination and creativity is not just confined to one specific generation. it changes constantly with new technology. It changes sound and shape BUT what is not creative is how it usually is influenced by older ideas. Nothing is original. It will 99% of the time have an older origin. (I took art history as part of my degree course). Boomers are no different.

There is a certain truth to that but you didn't have be around them while they were spouting warmed over Marxism or a bunch of New Age bullshit all the while zoned out on some mind altering substance.  It doesn't look like many brain cells in the skull of Eric the Obtuse survived the sixties and seventies.

You are just jealous that you didn't have the boomer experience and imagination. Too bad. LSD enlivened our culture and opened imagination. That's what it's for, and that's what it did for all of us. It opened the way for human potential to grow in the New Age, although I myself never took any LSD. And of course you call any progressive politics "Marxist."

But what doctrinaire libertarians say means nothing, zero, nada. What you say about me and boomers merely reflects your doctrinaire politics and your illusions that you are a separate individual in a material world. But anyone with any brain cells at all can see past such an obvious error. LSD, the New Age, philosophy; these things help those with any curiosity at all see past the obvious delusion that we are separate individuals, and instead are part of the cosmos in an ecological whole. That is SO elementary, SO basic, SO evident to people of ANY generation with ANY intelligence, that people like you who remain deluded, and build your insane politics around it, are just hopeless relics of a hopeless past.

Take your nose out of your economics book, and observe and experience reality.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(07-29-2016, 12:47 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:

You are just jealous that you didn't have the boomer experience and imagination. Too bad. LSD enlivened our culture and opened imagination. That's what it's for, and that's what it did for all of us. It opened the way for human potential to grow in the New Age, although I myself never took any LSD. And of course you call any progressive politics "Marxist."

But what doctrinaire libertarians say means nothing, zero, nada. What you say about me and boomers merely reflects your doctrinaire politics and your illusions that you are a separate individual in a material world. But anyone with any brain cells at all can see past such an obvious error. LSD, the New Age, philosophy; these things help those with any curiosity at all see past the obvious delusion that we are separate individuals, and instead are part of the cosmos in an ecological whole. That is SO elementary, SO basic, SO evident to people of ANY generation with ANY intelligence, that people like you who remain deluded, and build your insane politics around it, are just hopeless relics of a hopeless past.

Take your nose out of your economics book, and observe and experience reality.
If LSD is so good why is it that boomer culture has now turned around and banned the use of recreational drugs? If it is wonderful for the culture and imagination (something i do not need in order to write a book or create a character for personally) then why have the majority of boomers now turned around and scream no we do not want our children's generation to use drugs! Probably due to the fact it is bloody dangerous (in the case of lsd). For the sake of creativity is not a good excuse to use that sort of drug. Especially if one has little ones running around. I saw the recording of woodstock. Parents stoned and gen x wee ones running around and some trying to take care of their stoned parents. How disgusting!

LSD
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(07-29-2016, 12:47 AM)Eric the Obtuse Wrote:

I seem to remember quite a few copies of Das Kapital being passed around all those years ago. Come to think of it they spent a lot of time telling me how great the Soviet Union was but curiously they had never been there. History shows that they were full of shit about both Marx and the Soviet Union.

I have seen a lot of drugged out people in my time both Boomer and Xer. I can say with complete certainty that all it did was make them stupid.

(07-29-2016, 12:47 AM)Eric the Obtuse Wrote: Take your nose out of your economics book, and observe and experience reality.

I read many books actually but happily I read very fast so I have had plenty of time to experience reality. That is also why I don't like to mess with the brain chemistry since I have had to deal with some very nasty bits of reality like so many other Xers. Many of those bits took place while you were busy getting stoned and creating the wreckage the Xers and Millies get to deal with.

If anyone has a shred of insight and sensitivity one would know that Galen and other xers like him are not jealous of that particular part of boomer culture but rather they are disgusted by it. See it through the eyes of a little one seeing their parents like that. I never experienced that but you can try to put yourself in their shoes. I think they are disgusted and infuriated at what went on. I do not see them as jealous but rather making a stone out into something prophetic. More than what they see it as. It is a whole new pair of eyes seeing it from the outside. Like what i am doing now trying to see it from xers eyes. Something i can only interpret as i was not alive at the time nor have i gone through something similar. When i was born boomers were a totally different creature altogether. Middle aged, focused on raising a new generation the way they wanted. To emulate what they constantly said was dying in this society. They were family focused and i did not see that wild side that xers saw. So if i have interpreted xers wrong they can correct me. Only they can explain from their perspective how they interpreted the actions of their elders. But i certainly see them feeling the opposite of jealous. As a millie part of me was jealous seeing the freedom boomers had at woodstock. Due to the fact i was put to nose in the books and pushed to be an over achiever. To make my family proud. To be better than my elders who left school when they were in their teens. I never went out and did something like that. I was always at home studying. But i am not jealous of the drug taking. Ugh i value my life and my family would be so disappointed if i did something like that.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(07-29-2016, 02:21 AM)taramarie Wrote: If anyone has a shred of insight and sensitivity one would know that Galen and other xers like him are not jealous of that particular part of boomer culture but rather they are disgusted by it. See it through the eyes of a little one seeing their parents like that. I never experienced that but you can try to put yourself in their shoes. I think they are disgusted and infuriated at what went on. I do not see them as jealous but rather making a stone out into something prophetic. More than what they see it as. It is a whole new pair of eyes seeing it from the outside. Like what i am doing now trying to see it from xers eyes. Something i can only interpret as i was not alive at the time nor have i gone through something similar. When i was born boomers were a totally different creature altogether. Middle aged, focused on raising a new generation the way they wanted. To emulate what they constantly said was dying in this society. They were family focused and i did not see that wild side that xers saw. So if i have interpreted xers wrong they can correct me. Only they can explain from their perspective how they interpreted the actions of their elders. But i certainly see them feeling the opposite of jealous. As a millie part of me was jealous seeing the freedom boomers had at woodstock. Due to the fact i was put to nose in the books and pushed to be an over achiever. To make my family proud. To be better than my elders who left school when they were in their teens. I never went out and did something like that. I was always at home studying. But i am not jealous of the drug taking. Ugh i value my life and my family would be so disappointed if i did something like that.

You weren't there but you are doing better at figuring it out than many do.  I got lucky in that my Boomer parents weren't hippies but there were plenty of others who were.

It is worse than that.  They wreck everything they have ever touched and then are proud of it and never apologize or clean up their messes.  Guess who gets to do that.  The thing about Xers is that we got to experience a whole lot of reality at a very young age.

(07-29-2016, 02:39 AM)Galen Wrote:
(07-29-2016, 02:21 AM)taramarie Wrote: If anyone has a shred of insight and sensitivity one would know that Galen and other xers like him are not jealous of that particular part of boomer culture but rather they are disgusted by it. See it through the eyes of a little one seeing their parents like that. I never experienced that but you can try to put yourself in their shoes. I think they are disgusted and infuriated at what went on. I do not see them as jealous but rather making a stone out into something prophetic. More than what they see it as. It is a whole new pair of eyes seeing it from the outside. Like what i am doing now trying to see it from xers eyes. Something i can only interpret as i was not alive at the time nor have i gone through something similar. When i was born boomers were a totally different creature altogether. Middle aged, focused on raising a new generation the way they wanted. To emulate what they constantly said was dying in this society. They were family focused and i did not see that wild side that xers saw. So if i have interpreted xers wrong they can correct me. Only they can explain from their perspective how they interpreted the actions of their elders. But i certainly see them feeling the opposite of jealous. As a millie part of me was jealous seeing the freedom boomers had at woodstock. Due to the fact i was put to nose in the books and pushed to be an over achiever. To make my family proud. To be better than my elders who left school when they were in their teens. I never went out and did something like that. I was always at home studying. But i am not jealous of the drug taking. Ugh i value my life and my family would be so disappointed if i did something like that.

You weren't there but you are doing better at figuring it out better than many do.  I got lucky in that my Boomer parents weren't hippies but there were plenty of others who were.

It is worse than that.  They wreck everything they have ever touched and then are proud of it and never apologize or clean up their messes.  Guess who gets to do that.  The thing about Xers is that we got to experience a whole lot of reality at a very young age.

Well I listen to what people say. But thing is i would not even need that to figure out how they interpreted what was going on from their perception. I mean wee ones looking after their stoned out parents! God knows how many households did that at that time let alone woodstock. It was a disconcerting watch for me. It is no wonder some view drugs in that manner. They were the parents to their parents. (Note i know it is only some) but it came along with some queer ideas by the sounds of things that led to cult behaviour, death and in some ways, ignorant blind followers. This includes politics also. Yes, xers and millies have to clean up the mess. I mean how much debt are you guys in now? Let alone my country. Boomer leaders are doing a swell job over here too NOT.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(07-29-2016, 02:49 AM)taramarie Wrote: Well I listen to what people say. But thing is i would not even need that to figure out how they interpreted what was going on from their perception. I mean wee ones looking after their stoned out parents! God knows how many households did that at that time let alone woodstock. It was a disconcerting watch for me. It is no wonder some view drugs in that manner. They were the parents to their parents. (Note i know it is only some) but it came along with some queer ideas by the sounds of things that led to cult behaviour, death and in some ways, ignorant blind followers. This includes politics also. Yes, xers and millies have to clean up the mess. I mean how much debt are you guys in now? Let alone my country. Boomer leaders are doing a swell job over here too NOT.

There were several entertaining cults such as the Reverend Jim Jones which left quite a few dead.  My personal favorite are the Rajneeshees who tried to take over Wasco county.  God, what a freak show they were.  That little group is known for the first bio-terrorism attack which was executed with all of the incompetence I have come to expect from Boomers.

I have more than enough experience to justify my attitude toward Eric the Obtuse and his ilk.  This is only a small sampling of the fruit of the Consciousness Revolution.  When they don't get their way they act like spoiled brats and do something stupid.

(07-29-2016, 03:15 AM)Galen Wrote:
(07-29-2016, 02:49 AM)taramarie Wrote: Well I listen to what people say. But thing is i would not even need that to figure out how they interpreted what was going on from their perception. I mean wee ones looking after their stoned out parents! God knows how many households did that at that time let alone woodstock. It was a disconcerting watch for me. It is no wonder some view drugs in that manner. They were the parents to their parents. (Note i know it is only some) but it came along with some queer ideas by the sounds of things that led to cult behaviour, death and in some ways, ignorant blind followers. This includes politics also. Yes, xers and millies have to clean up the mess. I mean how much debt are you guys in now? Let alone my country. Boomer leaders are doing a swell job over here too NOT.

There were several entertaining cults such as the Revernend Jim Jones which left quite a few dead.  My personal favorite are the Rajneeshees who tried to take over Wasco county.  God, what a freak show they were.  That little group is known for the first bio-terrorism attack which was executed with all of the incompetence I have come to expect from Boomers.

I have more than enough experience to justify my attitude toward Eric the Obtuse and his ilk.  This is only a small sampling of the fruit of the Consciousness Revolution.  When they don't get their way they act like spoiled brats and do something stupid.
Now we have heard from an actual xers experience this should give Eric reason to consider taking back the "jealous" accusation and listen to this experience. We already know how he interprets that era. But if he thinks younger folk will want to follow what ideas they were discussing he needs to consider how some interpret that era and realize that will never happen. However my generation did not experience the 2T at all and have only heard of it 2nd hand. I would love to know why he thinks younger folk are going to morph society to conclude what was being preached during the 2T. There were so many voices by the sounds of things after all.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's in the "stars" (predicting by astrology and other means) Eric the Green 236 69,429 05-23-2019, 10:58 PM
Last Post: taramarie