Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking at the generations from the Fourth Turning perspective
(06-05-2018, 12:25 PM)tg63 Wrote: It's a great perspective. I was struck by how many appear accurate, but the one that made me think a bit was that, in the crisis, boomers would be expected to trade material security for moral authority. I'm not sure if/how that is manifesting ... or maybe that's the next stage.

The McCain funeral eulogies included morals, ethics and ideals.  The role of Baby Boomers as Elders in the 4T is to communicate, to define and give meaning to these morals, ethics and ideals.  Anyone that does not align their behavior and actions with the ideals communicated at the McCain funeral will not have a good outcome during the 4T.

When you first wrote your post, yes, America had not reach the time when Boomers would take on the role defined by S&H in The 4T book, as communicating moral authority.

As the immoral, unethical, illegal and corrupt people emerge, the rate of change will increase from the eulogies, to the midterm elections, then Dems in control of the House committees with subpoena power, starting dozens of investigations.
Look at the generational membership of the House and Senate.
Don't the Boomers dominate the leadership positions?
(09-03-2018, 05:59 PM)igranderojo Wrote: Don't the Boomers dominate the leadership positions?

Nancy Pelosi is too old to be a Boomer. Which reminds me, we have to get rid of the Artists first.
(09-03-2018, 05:59 PM)igranderojo Wrote:
(06-05-2018, 12:25 PM)tg63 Wrote: It's a great perspective. I was struck by how many appear accurate, but the one that made me think a bit was that, in the crisis, boomers would be expected to trade material security for moral authority. I'm not sure if/how that is manifesting ... or maybe that's the next stage.

The McCain funeral eulogies included morals, ethics and ideals.  The role of Baby Boomers as Elders in the 4T is to communicate, to define and give meaning to these morals, ethics and ideals.  Anyone that does not align their behavior and actions with the ideals communicated at the McCain funeral will not have a good outcome during the 4T.

When you first wrote your post, yes, America had not reach the time when Boomers would take on the role defined by S&H in The 4T book, as communicating moral authority.

As the immoral, unethical, illegal and corrupt people emerge, the rate of change will increase from the eulogies, to the midterm elections, then Dems in control of the House committees with subpoena power, starting dozens of investigations.
Look at the generational membership of the House and Senate.
Don't the Boomers dominate the leadership positions?

That addresses the moral authority part (and I agree, they are definitely moving to fill these roles); but I still don't see the willingness to trade in material security.
"But there's a difference between error and dishonesty, and it's not a trivial difference." - Ben Greenman
"Relax, it'll be all right, and by that I mean it will first get worse."
"How was I supposed to know that there'd be consequences for my actions?" - Gina Linetti
(06-06-2018, 03:57 PM)tg63 Wrote: From where I sit, red boomers do remain "true to the ideals in which they came of age"; they're just different ideals from the ones that resonated with you & your peers.

Yes, but the ones which the red boomers resonated to were never anything but status quo and reactionary "ideals." They supported the war and false patriotism, the traditional family roles, racial segregation, domination of society by economic elites in the name of free enterprise, gun "rights," etc. These "ideals" of the red side remain, and are being trumpeted by Trump, but they are not prophetic; they are backward. They are not the ideals of which a fourth turning mission and first turning resolution are made. They are not the side of a Lincoln. The red boomer side is confederate, tory, fascist, the FDR haters, etc.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There Will Not Be A Triumphant End To This Turning galaxy 33 14,534 11-22-2023, 08:47 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  War & Military Turning & Generational Issues JDG 66 5 5,301 03-24-2022, 03:01 PM
Last Post: JDG 66
  First Turning "purge" Teejay 82 47,074 03-14-2022, 09:28 AM
  The Civil War 4th turning Eric the Green 6 4,055 11-11-2021, 06:12 PM
  Generational Constellation Math For The Current And Next Turning galaxy 8 3,574 11-09-2021, 01:51 AM
  What the next First Turning won't be like Mickey123 145 61,075 10-07-2021, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  I'm a sceptic that the 4th Turning started in 2008 Isoko 326 128,776 07-09-2021, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  In What Turning do Neighborhood Communities come back? AspieMillennial 7 4,197 05-05-2020, 10:15 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Why does the Fourth Turning seem to take Forever? AspieMillennial 22 9,626 01-19-2020, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  Does the UK disprove the Fourth Turning? AspieMillennial 14 6,619 01-02-2020, 12:14 AM