Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Tunes from the 2T
In honor of Halloween. Big Grin 

---Value Added Cool

A Jeopardy question today, and I didn't even get it right! (it was featured in a movie)

Enjoy the Bewitched Music:
http://philosopherswheel.com/bewitched.html

I'll have to add that Cliff Richard song to my list; I didn't know that one. Smile
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Certainly the most memorable of Leon Russell's songs for me, even though it's called one of his lesser-known songs. I think of it ever time I think of Jesus and his resurrection. I was not that familiar with the whole Bible story when I first heard the song. So the story is linked in my mind to the song and Leon singing the title.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Thanks to the late great Leon Russell for making this song so beautiful as producer and arranger

http://www.allmusic.com/album/sunny-good...0002303572

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
More late Friday night  FM stuff.

---Value Added Cool
President Trump Loves Gold

BY DAMON GELLER

“Bringing back the gold standard would be wonderful. We’d have a standard on which to base our money.” — Donald Trump

For the first time in a century, we’ll have a man in the White House who believes in gold. President Trump famously accepted gold from tenants of his skyscrapers and has invested millions in gold himself. And now as president, Trump has vowed to rescue the nation’s currency by reinvesting the nation in gold.

This leaves only two possibilities: Trump will succeed in returning the nation to the gold standard and gold will skyrocket. Or the banksters will prevent Trump from succeeding, the dollar will collapse, and gold will skyrocket anyway. Either way, this is the giant historical moment gold has been waiting for. And it’s time for you to join Trump and back your savings & retirement with the world’s true, physical store of wealth.

https://www.wholesaledirectmetals.com/pr...xSponsored

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Yes, good metal here, man. Cool
---Value Added Cool
(11-15-2016, 03:35 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: President Trump Loves Gold

BY DAMON GELLER

“Bringing back the gold standard would be wonderful.  We’d have a standard on which to base our money.” — Donald Trump

For the first time in a century, we’ll have a man in the White House who believes in gold.  President Trump famously accepted gold from tenants of his skyscrapers and has invested millions in gold himself.  And now as president, Trump has vowed to rescue the nation’s currency by reinvesting the nation in gold.

This leaves only two possibilities:  Trump will succeed in returning the nation to the gold standard and gold will skyrocket.  Or the banksters will prevent Trump from succeeding, the dollar will collapse, and gold will skyrocket anyway.  Either way, this is the giant historical moment gold has been waiting for.  And it’s time for you to join Trump and back your savings & retirement with the world’s true, physical store of wealth.

https://www.wholesaledirectmetals.com/pr...xSponsored

Gold is where you find it!
---Value Added Cool
(11-15-2016, 03:43 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: Yes, good metal here, man. Cool

Gold is a heavy metal, yes. But this metal is not as precious; more subject to tarnish. Not as malleable. Not quite up to standard. 2T vintage though, more valuable. But Trump didn't quite go for that heavy metal. Nothing but gold for him. Rolling Stones gold. You Can't Always Get What You Want.

I didn't want Trump, and I don't need him.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Skeleton Man and Coy, Coyote. Big Grin
---Value Added Cool

The single despot stands out in the face of all men, and says: I am the State: My will is law: I am your master: I take the responsibility of my acts: The only arbiter I acknowledge is the sword: If any one denies my right, let him try conclusions with me. -- Lysander Spooner

This single was released in the UK on this day 33 years ago.  A few months later it would become John Lennon's last US top ten hit, a little over 4 years after his assassination.  As a twelve year old delving into to pop music after having gotten a radio with a tape recorder for Christmas, it was like a recently discovered relic from a distant past I knew little about, beyond a child's perception, though I'm sure the Awakening seemed like just yesterday to adults--many of them probably weren't even aware they had stepped out of it.  John Lennon seemed to be.

"Nobody told me there'd be days like these."
Late 2T. Stephen Colbert (early Xer), who is a bit younger than these guys (core boomers), cited it today as Trump's new theme song, replacing "Hail to the Chief," because our new "president" is starting work on Monday.

Loverboy, from Canada according to Colbert. Everybody's "Working for the Weekend." The song starts over 2 minutes into this official video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3xL8K74Tkw

In 1990, Loverboy's "Working for the Weekend" was featured in an extremely popular Saturday Night Live sketch involving Chris Farley and Patrick Swayze auditioning to be Chippendales dancers. The song was also featured in the 2002 video game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, playing on Rock station V-Rock, as well as the video games Saints Row 2, and Shaun White Snowboarding. It is also featured in the 2001 comedy film Zoolander. The song was also featured, in full, at the end of the Rob Zombie film The Haunted World of El Superbeasto. It was used as the background music to a Diet Pepsi television commercial in which a man is asked what else he would like to experience that is youthful, and he chooses his old van from the 1980s. The song also made a brief appearance in the movie Click. The song was even featured in the third episode of "Regular Show", Caffeinated Concert Tickets as well as the film Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle. The song was also used in a Toyota commercial featuring NASCAR driver Kyle Busch driving a 2012 Toyota Camry while singing to the song.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loverboy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Working_for_the_Weekend
thumbs up!

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
It's about halfway to Halloween, isn't it? Jason

At the Twilight of the Awakening, comes the devil's spawn!  (at least, according to Boomers  Tongue )

Y'all rang?     Tongue 

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!
---Value Added Cool
For all the high powered woofers...

---Value Added Cool
Watching Soundtrack on CNN and realizing just how much cooler the Awakening was than the current era. Sad
Sad

A wonderful example of the bewitched genre from 1974. Oriental psychedelia.

Osamu Kitajima ‎-- Benzaiten 1974

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
One man's opinion (not mine) of the "most iconic" songs of the 60s. Pretty good, as long as you pay only a little attention to his #order.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M