Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The astro-kondratiev cycle
I wonder what our resident Kondratiev expert thinks of this model. I hesitate to post it in the astrology section, since then Mr. Mikebert might not even see it Smile

[Image: astro-kondratieff_en.png]

http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_kondratiev_e.htm

How does an astrological Kondratiev Cycle look like if the findings of Nikolai Kondratiev are combined with the periodicity of Uranus-Pluto? The first Wave (steam engine) and the second Wave (railway) are identical. Also the third Wave starts synchronously around the year 1900. But it’s not limited to electro-technology and mass production. It also contains the areas of automotive, aviation and mass media that reached marketability in these years and also started an impressive boom. Extensive electrification in all areas, mass production with assembly lines, the first automotive companies, the first aviation enterprises and airship lines, the birth of aeroplanes and motorcycles, the first transatlantic radio transmission, the birth of radio, cinema and gramophone records as new mass media, all this emerged in the few years when Uranus in Sagittarius was opposing Pluto in Gemini.

This does not only confirm the Uranus-Pluto signature of technologically induced paradigm shifts. The position of this constellation in the zodiac also allows us to describe the morphology of this period. The axis of Gemini-Sagittarius represents motion and the intermediation between the small world of the near neighbourhood and the large world beyond the horizons. Pluto in Gemini transforms areas such as technics, communication, media, locomotion, trade, the functional and operational principle. In Gemini the massive, inert machinery of Pluto in Aries/Taurus (second Wave Mass Mobility) learns to run. It speeds up, swift and flexible, filigree and differentiated. Instead of the heavy machinery of the second Wave the new spearheads of technical progress are expeditious, rapid and versatile insect swarms of specialized technologies that sprawl in all directions across the globe and ramify into all areas of life. The material nerve tract of humanity spans like a giant rhizome around the whole earth sphere: power supply systems, road and airline networks, streams of consumer products and mass media, armadas of radio stations and cinemas. Uranus in Sagittarius defines the direction: into all horizons at the same time – the sky is no limit.

The Cycle of “Global Interconnection” (this leitmotif also includes “individual mobility” and “modern consumer society” as subthemes) reaches its climax at the beginning of the Uranus-Pluto square (1928 – 1937). A decade of global economic crisis and the emergence of fascistic dictatorships characterize these years and mark the turning point into the downswing period. In many countries the Second World War is followed by “economic miracles”, not based on new core technologies, but rather on post-war reconstruction. Finally, in the 1960s the zeitgeist is flooded again by radical innovations and a major paradigm shift.
The Fourth Astro-Kondratiev 1965 – 2045: Information

[Image: microprocessor.jpg]
The fundamental technology of the Fourth Astro-Kondratiev: The first microprocessor Intel 4004 6
Image: ©Creative Commons, Thomas Nguyen, Wikipedia

Exactly at the following Uranus-Pluto conjunction in Virgo (1961-1971) the next boost of innovation emerges. On one hand, the Cycle of “Global Interconnection” achieves its completion by man’s conquest of Outer Space: In 1961 the first cosmonaut enters Outer Space. In 1962 the era of civil communication satellites begins. Man’s expansion into space is crowned by the first manned moon landing 1969 and the first space station Salyut 1 in 1971. With these milestones global interconnection reaches its maximum expansion for the time being. In the vein of Gemini/Sagittarius the outer, material network of connections, traffic infrastructure and communication lines, is completed. The nerve tract of humanity has woven its net around the globe. From the 1960s the focus shifts more and more towards inner expansion. In the vein of Virgo the new core technologies are increasingly dedicated to the quality and quantity of the entities that rush through the global network. These entities become always smaller, faster, more differentiated, detailed and complex.

In the 1960s the core technologies of the new cycle emerge: the modern computer, the internet (back then as „Arpanet“), information technology, electronics and nanotechnology. What the steam engine was for the First Cycle, the microprocessor is for the Fourth Cycle. This new fundamental innovation reached marketability with the “Intel 4004” at the end of the Uranus-Pluto conjunction in 1971.
The leitmotif of the current Astro-Kondratiev is “Information“. And Virgo pulls all the registers to generate, analyse and exploit a maximum of information. Her character has been embedded in the zeitgeist since then: optimization, rationalization, perfection, differentiation, specialization, systemization, detail-orientation, miniaturization. As German astrologer Werner Held emphasizes, the current keywords of socio-structural change are typical for Virgo: the service society, the knowledge society, but also the security- and control society.7

Always more detailed, always more accurate, always more precise, always working, sorting, hedging, regulating. Virgo is the diligent troop of pioneers that restlessly extends the territories and living worlds of Leo, while forgetting to live herself. ADHD, multitasking, permanent information overload, surveillance mania and big data, legions of compliance managers that try to navigate their enterprises through the mushrooming jungles of new laws and regulations – now that we’re in the core period of the Uranus-Pluto square (2009 - 2018) the shadier sides of this cycle intensify. The Fourth Astro-Kondratiev has reached its climax.
[Image: astro-kondratieff_en.png]
The astrological Kondratiev Cycle by Dr. Christof Niederwieser

Looking Into The Future
The Astro-Kondratiev not only explains the major technical and social developments of the past centuries. It also allows for a concrete look into the future. What will come next after the Information Cycle has reached its climax? What socio-political implications can be expected in the forthcoming years? What current technical innovations might become the core technology of the Fifth Astro-Kondratiev that will start in the 2040s? In what larger pattern is the Astro-Kondratiev embedded and how can its morphology be described in more detail? These questions are highly significant for areas such as politics, corporate governance, strategic planning, innovation management and investments. Astrology can give some invaluable answers…

© Dr. Christof Niederwieser
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Here are the dates I use for the Kondratiev cycle:

1790-1843
1843-1896
1896-1946
1946-still on going (should end when the current 4T ends)

It doesn't fit your scheme very well, particularly in the recent period.
(10-28-2016, 12:33 PM)Mikebert Wrote: Here are the dates I use for the Kondratiev cycle:

1790-1843
1843-1896
1896-1946

Eric will try again by using a different set of planets / moons to achieve a better fit! Tongue

http://www.astrotheme.com/astrology_planets.php
---Value Added Cool
(10-28-2016, 12:33 PM)Mikebert Wrote: Here are the dates I use for the Kondratiev cycle:

1790-1843
1843-1896
1896-1946

The point, of course, is to change the kondratieff cycle to fit the astrological cycle, especially in the recent period, where the original version breaks down.

The scheme presented to me by this cycle student and astrologer was to use the dates of Uranus-Pluto conjunctions and oppositions, which have an irregular cycle due to Pluto's orbit. That should explain why the cycle doesn't seem to correspond to events unless you use the Uranus-Pluto cycle, in which the most recent wave is longer because of Pluto's perihelion.

The dates for the first 3 cycle beginnings are pretty close. 1843 is a bit early. Using the extended date of 10 years, 5 on either side, then:

Uranus-Pluto opposition 1792 = 1790
Uranus-Pluto conjunction 1850 = 1843
Uranus-Pluto opposition 1901 = 1896
But the next cycle doesn't begin until sometime around the Uranus-Pluto conjunction of 1966, and that's the cycle that's ongoing.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(11-15-2016, 11:32 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

1790-1843
1843-1896
1896-1946

The point, of course, is to change the kondratieff cycle to fit the astrological cycle, especially in the recent period, where the original version breaks down.

The scheme presented to me by this cycle student and astrologer was to use the dates of Uranus-Pluto conjunctions and oppositions, which have an irregular cycle due to Pluto's orbit. That should explain why the cycle doesn't seem to correspond to events unless you use the Uranus-Pluto cycle, in which the most recent wave is longer because of Pluto's perihelion.

The dates for the first 3 cycle beginnings are pretty close. 1843 is a bit early. Using the extended date of 10 years, 5 on either side, then:

Uranus-Pluto opposition 1792 = 1790
Uranus-Pluto conjunction 1850 = 1843
Uranus-Pluto opposition 1901 = 1896
But the next cycle doesn't begin until sometime around the Uranus-Pluto conjunction of 1966, and that's the cycle that's ongoing.

I no longer think the K-cycle and the underlying cycle are aligned. The K-cycle is now an auxiliary cycle, using for local purposed, but does not provide an overarching view.  The same is true for the S&H turnings cycle, but it may provide a mechanism.  On the other hand, I have mothballed the saeculum as a separate cycle for now.  I now use four cycles, political, economic, generational, and sociological.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Generation is 7777 days, a Cycle is 256 years, each 255 months an Empire Collapse Mark44 0 188 07-23-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Mark44
Photo Anacyclosis (256 years cycle / 12 Generation / 3 Saeculum) Mark40 15 13,410 06-04-2020, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  George Friedman accepts 80 year cycle Warren Dew 3 2,977 06-04-2020, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  Political Cycle Model for Saeculum Mikebert 48 34,684 09-04-2019, 09:18 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Some Prophetic Matrix and the Thermodynamic Cycle of History Mark40 2 2,602 08-14-2019, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund
  Collective Unconscious Map - Cycle in Art Movements (with Rorschach variables) Mark40 10 6,370 02-11-2019, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Thermodynamics - Carnot Cycle - Anacyclosis (256 Years) - E8 Group Theory Mark40 3 3,490 02-06-2019, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund
  Generational cycle research Mikebert 15 16,217 02-08-2018, 10:06 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a