Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finding the 6 Turnings pattern elsewhere.
I completed my politics PhD thesis in December last year and am now wanting to undertake a Postdoc concerning the political sociology of Anglo-American historical and generational cycles: scrutinising, modifying and expanding upon Strauss and Howe's generational theory. [See attached] I have identified a similar, though significantly different cycle that appears to have begun in the late 14th century and which came undone during the Stuart dynasty in Britain but remained strong in the US. The pattern re-emerged in the UK. It's been present since at least the Great Depression. There is also some evidence that the pattern has been present in German history for a number of centuries, perhaps since the 30 Years War. I'm wondering whether there is some connection between the pattern and the values associated with Protestantism (rather than Catholicism or High Church Anglicanism). The emergence of the pattern coincided with the beginnings of lollardy. Can anyone here familiar with Strauss and Howe take the cycle back further than the Great Depression in Britain? Is it at all present in Canadian or New Zealand history? I can see it present in Australian history since at least the Depression, but perhaps it goes back further.

Attached Files
.docx   6 Turnings Notes - Copy.docx (Size: 36.67 KB / Downloads: 4)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alternating 4T pattern explained galaxy 55 19,623 01-29-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Tim Randal Walker
  Genetic and Metabolic Map - Four Turnings and the Fall of Empires Mark44 0 240 07-23-2023, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Mark44
  Is there a map or resource somewhere of which places are in which turnings? galaxy 2 1,539 09-28-2021, 05:20 PM
Last Post: galaxy
  Theory: cyclical generational hormone levels behind the four turnings and archetypes Ldr 2 3,386 03-16-2020, 06:17 AM
Last Post: Ldr
  Plato, Aristotle, and the double-saeculum pattern Odin 6 8,551 08-20-2016, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green