Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homelanders: Mid 90s or Mid 00s?
(02-18-2017, 03:34 PM)disasterzone Wrote:
(02-18-2017, 03:30 PM)Tuss Wrote:
(02-18-2017, 09:58 AM)Odin Wrote: So you've gone full Fascist scum. Go to Hell.

Take a deep breath and calm down.

(02-18-2017, 10:01 AM)Odin Wrote: Exactly. The only people I see nowadays insisting that 9/11 was the start of the 4T are Fascists are other far-right fucks thirsting for a holy war in the Middle East.

Interesting since a "holy war" is exactly what I don't want and never did want, from the invasion of Afghanistan on. I was always against globalist foreign entanglements, always for peace and independant nation states in the Middle East. If you had known anything about the nationalist right you'd realize that's kind of the default attitude; actually inherent in the very label. Not that you can say the same about politically correct puppets of the military security complex, like Obama or Mrs Clinton (or Bush the younger).

There's no peace if nations are being oppressed. Why should we allow ISIS to run those countries?

We shouldn't. ISIS is both the reactive bi-product of unwarranted US intervention since 9/11, and funded, equipped and encouraged - either actively or passively - by the US, Saudi Arabia and Israel for the purpose of overthrowing yet another independent regime in the region. ISIS should be stomped into the ground and Syrian legitimacy re-established. It's not globalist intervention, it's cleaning up after a policy of globalist interventionism.
Every time period believes the Crisis "is now".

1970 Core X

Gothenburg, Sweden
(02-18-2017, 09:58 AM)Odin Wrote:
(02-18-2017, 04:17 AM)Tuss Wrote: Cuckservatives everywhere and your side is still saying it. You will continue to say it when your daughter gets gang raped or thrown off a balcony for being infidel filth. Everything's better than being called a racist. So no, that's not the difference between a 3T and a 4T. It's the difference between having your natural and sound human emotions intact and your interior completely hypnotyzed by the PTB. In other words, it's the difference between two opposing forces of the 4T.

So you've gone full Fascist scum. Go to Hell.

Uh, no.  Labeling folks "racist" for opposing illegal aliens and for Europe, opposers of flood tide of unvetted "refugees" [tussilago] is widely uninformed ad hom tossing. Cool

Simple economic lesson for Odin.  The labor market like all other markets is subject to the law of supply and demand.  Look, I haven't had a raise in 6 years.  It's time to drain the labor market of illegal aliens. If you want to call me a racist, fine.

I hope, next up a crack down on employers of illegal aliens.  I really want Oklahoma do that since that's the real problem.  Cheap skate employers need a crack down.
---Value Added Cool
(02-18-2017, 03:30 PM)Tuss Wrote:
(02-18-2017, 09:58 AM)Odin Wrote: So you've gone full Fascist scum. Go to Hell.

Take a deep breath and calm down.

I'm not going to fucking calm down. Your hate speech against Muslims is no different than the Nazis spouting vile lies about Jews.

You and all the rest of of your Alt-Right buddies and your Russian puppet-masters are the enemy. You are the bad guys who are going to be reviled by history after we crush you.
#MakeTheDemocratsGreatAgain
(02-18-2017, 08:38 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(02-18-2017, 04:17 AM)Tuss Wrote: Cuckservatives everywhere and your side is still saying it. You will continue to say it when your daughter gets gang raped or thrown off a balcony for being infidel filth. Everything's better than being called a racist. So no, that's not the difference between a 3T and a 4T. It's the difference between having your natural and sound human emotions intact and your interior completely hypnotyzed by the PTB. In other words, it's the difference between two opposing forces of the 4T.

Uh, no.  Labeling folks "racist" for opposing illegal aliens and for Europe, opposers of flood tide of unvetted "refugees" [tussilago] is widely uninformed ad hom tossing. Cool

Simple economic lesson for Odin.  The labor market like all other markets is subject to the law of supply and demand.  Look, I haven't had a raise in 6 years.  It's time to drain the labor market of illegal aliens. If you want to call me a racist, fine.

I hope, next up a crack down on employers of illegal aliens.  I really want Oklahoma do that since that's the real problem.  Cheap skate employers need a crack down.

Rags, unless you're making minimum wage in some service or farm job, illegal aliens are no threat to your income. The raise you haven't had is because of the bosses who refuse to give you one, just like George Carlin and Bernie Sanders said. The rich cocksuckers are grabbing all the wealth for themselves. CEOs make 300 times what their employees make. Minimum wages are ridiculously low, and that affects other wages. Blaming the immigrants is an effective campaign for demagogues, but that's ALL it is.

Europe has very little to fear from the flood of refugees. Maybe one or two got in through the flood. But the terrorists there were entirely people who lived there long before Assad's terror forced all those refugees to come. Where are they all going to go? Assad has chased his people out of his country; those that he didn't kill, torture and main for life. You can't say this holocaust didn't have an effect on the West. But it's not the effect that you think. The refugees are not bringing crime, they're not bringing drugs, and they're not rapists. Those who are, were already there. No, they ARE good people, in spite of what Trump says. The BAD people are Trump, the Brexit mongers, Le Pen, Putin and all the other fascist demagogues who are taking political advantage of the xenophobia. Period; end of story.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(02-19-2017, 02:27 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:

Rags, unless you're making minimum wage in some service or farm job, illegal aliens are no threat to your income. The raise you haven't had is because of the bosses who refuse to give you one, just like George Carlin and Bernie Sanders said. The rich cocksuckers are grabbing all the wealth for themselves. CEOs make 300 times what their employees make. Minimum wages are ridiculously low, and that affects other wages. Blaming the immigrants is an effective campaign for demagogues, but that's ALL it is.

Europe has very little to fear from the flood of refugees. Maybe one or two got in through the flood. But the terrorists there were entirely people who lived there long before Assad's terror forced all those refugees to come. Where are they all going to go? Assad has chased his people out of his country; those that he didn't kill, torture and main for life. You can't say this holocaust didn't have an effect on the West. But it's not the effect that you think. The refugees are not bringing crime, they're not bringing drugs, and they're not rapists. Those who are, were already there. No, they ARE good people, in spite of what Trump says. The BAD people are Trump, the Brexit mongers, Le Pen, Putin and all the other fascist demagogues who are taking political advantage of the xenophobia. Period; end of story.

1.  Eric, I do make minimum wage because H1-B's replaced me. So yeah, there's lots of stuff I'd like to see happen.  It goes like this. If you're IT and over 40, it's over, period. That's why I want lots of "reforms", mostly which do a huge smackdown on  CEO/corporate America.  Shutting down access to cheap labor here in the US is one of those prongs. There may be a trace of Boomer in me after all. I DESERVE to be paid better. Cool  I want that fatter paycheck to come out of the hides of said CEO's/corporate America. That's why I also want a VAT tax/single payer health plan. A VAT tax is perfect for smacking anyone who attempts to import cheap stuff including outsourced labor from overseas like call centers in India.  I don't think we disagree much on domestic economics except for cheap labor that American citizens should do including legal immigrants.  I have no issues at all with legal immigration. I do have issues with illegal immigration because that opens the door to exploitation and wage suppression.  Besides, should we use Mexico's policies towards immigration? Of course I also recognize that the US needs to shut down the war on drugs since that is fucking Mexico over. It's not all Mexico's fault and I know that.

2. A lot of Europe's problems stem from Qaddafi not being there.  Clinton and her Neocon friends are who I blame for that one. If Qaddafi were still in power, then there would not be this huge human smuggling problem going on.

3. As for Europe,  it's gonna blow.  Some nice, some not so nice... I think there's a lot of fuel for said demagogues there.  Perhaps tuss can put his 2 cents worth since he lives in Sverige.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/14/world....html?_r=0
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/10/world...pe=article

As for Sverige proper, there's this:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre...c-festival

Since Sweden is one of my places of ancestry, I obviously frown on this sort of stuff.
---Value Added Cool
(02-18-2017, 04:47 AM)Tuss Wrote:
Ragnarök_62 Wrote:The twilight zone is correct.  Trump of course isn't the only manifestation.

No, he is one of the symptoms. The immediate future will prove whether he will go down in history as "the great president" or a remote controlled clown of the Neocon globalist laissez-fairians. I give him until summer to kick Soros, the Saudis, and the AIPAC out, wipe that stupid grin off of Netanyahu's face and come to a serious agreement among adults with Iran and the Russians. The foreign situation will judge what this guy's character is really all about, thus predetermine his sincerety in relation to interior policy and what took him to the White House in the first place.

Quote:I'm sill sort of locked in on our

Teenage Mutant Ninja BlackBlocers.  I'm really weirded out by those.

You refering to those young kids using a strange frog as their mascot?

1. Yeah, I'd like the NeoCON/AIPAC/globalist laissez-fairians  [we call those neo-liberals of all things here] out.
I think foreign influence of the likes of AIPAC should be made illegal since that's foreign interference in our domestic affairs.  I mean all this hang wringing over Putin's perhaps meddling when we have a for sure meddling from Israel.  That's STUPID! All foreign entities should be forbidden from meddling in our domestic affairs and the US should be forbidden from meddling in other nation states' domestic affairs. One bad thing I know about Trump is his going along with that old time neo-liberal religion of "lower taxes, job creators, let's wreck the environment" stuff.

2. Pepe the frog.  No, that's the mascot of internet trolls.

Teenage mutant ninja BlackBlock ->

---Value Added Cool
From my experience as a mother of 4 children born between 1991-2001, I can DEFINITELY say that the minimum earliest year for Adaptive Generation is 2001.

I myself was a "cusper" born in 1960, so I am very aware of the nuances of a generational change. Most of the parents of my 1990's babies were Boomers or early wave Gen Xers, but Boomers were squarely in charge of the child nurture universe. Since I was a last year cohort of the Boom and had my last child at 41, I saw how things changed almost from his birth and as his childhood has progressed. He is a freshman in High School now.
The parents of children of his peers were GenXers and were increasingly smothering in their child rearing practices.

For example, when he was a baby, mandatory vaccines for infants increased to include Hep A, Chicken pox and Prevnar.  When he was a toddler, Mandatory Child safety seats began to be required not just for infants and toddlers, but for children all the way up to 10 years old.  Urine Drug screens for pregnant women are mandatory in increasingly more states, along with mandatory reporting to DHS/CPS of any mothers who test positive.  In some states mandatory fetal stool is being tested for drugs., Babies and even older Children are being removed from the care of a mother where the expectant mother or the fecal stool tested positive for weed but no harder drugs.  War is being waged on childhood obesity....public service ads are out there admonishing parents to make sure their children get out and play. Toddlers are more adept with smartphones and tablets than their parents.  A decade ago, unless a teen was affluent, spoiled rotten, or a drug dealer they usually didn't have even a cell phone. Now kids in elementary school have smartphones. 

These are just a few examples I have noticed. 

Strauss/Howe have repeatedly stated that quite often it is difficult to know when and where a generational line truly can be definitively set until further down the line as events occur. I can safely say from my own experience, it would 2001 as the earliest. S/H often clash with others as to the boundaries of generations---such as for years the "Boom" generation was set from 1946-1964, but S/H set it as 1943-1960. I totally agreed with that! Because even though I lived through the same years as 1961-1964 cohorts and witnessed events from that perspective, I find it far easier to relate to and identify with people a 1-4 years older than myself than those 1-4 years younger.
(02-19-2017, 03:40 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(02-19-2017, 02:27 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:

1.  Eric, I do make minimum wage because H1-B's replaced me. So yeah, there's lots of stuff I'd like to see happen.  It goes like this. If you're IT and over 40, it's over, period. That's why I want lots of "reforms", mostly which do a huge smackdown on  CEO/corporate America.  Shutting down access to cheap labor here in the US is one of those prongs. There may be a trace of Boomer in me after all. I DESERVE to be paid better. Cool  I want that fatter paycheck to come out of the hides of said CEO's/corporate America. That's why I also want a VAT tax/single payer health plan. A VAT tax is perfect for smacking anyone who attempts to import cheap stuff including outsourced labor from overseas like call centers in India.  I don't think we disagree much on domestic economics except for cheap labor that American citizens should do including legal immigrants.  I have no issues at all with legal immigration. I do have issues with illegal immigration because that opens the door to exploitation and wage suppression.  Besides, should we use Mexico's policies towards immigration? Of course I also recognize that the US needs to shut down the war on drugs since that is fucking Mexico over. It's not all Mexico's fault and I know that.

Well, I agree with you Rags that you should get a fatter paycheck Smile Preferably out of the hides of some rich CEOs.

I'm not sure what VAT you are talking about that would smack people who "import cheap stuff including outsourced labor from overseas like call centers in India." I know there's a lot of that going on, but I always thought it had to do with free trade and lack of tariffs. But who knows, the CEOs seem able to get around a lot of stuff in order to hire cheaper labor that we Americans could do just as well.

The problem you see with illegal immigration, it seems to me, could be solved by enforcing the minimum wages laws on everyone, illegal or not. Yes, we need to shut down the war on drugs, but the other half of the Mexico drug war equation is the cheap legal big guns that we enable the Mexicans to buy and take down there.

Quote:2. A lot of Europe's problems stem from Qaddafi not being there.  Clinton and her Neocon friends are who I blame for that one. If Qaddafi were still in power, then there would not be this huge human smuggling problem going on.

Not at all. Most of the refugees come through Turkey and Greece. Some do come through Libya to Italy, if they survive, but I don't see how Qaddafi could have stopped them. Plus Qaddafi staying in power would have meant a bloodbath just like the one in Syria, and thus 10 times more refugees from Libya itself. You forget again that it is the repression of Arab Spring 2011 peoples' revolutionary movements against tyrants like Assad, Mubarek, Ben Ali and Qaddafi that created most of these refugees; NOT the Islamic State or Al Nusra.

And sometimes I can't believe just how much on target I was in my prediction that 2011-2012 period would see a whole, whole lot of refugees and revolutions. It's right there in my videos from years before. It was all in the stars; specifically Neptune in Pisces. All you had to do was remember the Potato Famine and 1848 Revolutions and how many refugees all that created the last time Neptune was there. Some of them came all the way out here to California to join the Gold Rush and establish our state. I knew what was coming, and so I know what it is.

Quote:3. As for Europe,  it's gonna blow.  Some nice, some not so nice... I think there's a lot of fuel for said demagogues there.  Perhaps tuss can put his 2 cents worth since he lives in Sverige.

Tussilago can toss in his right wing spiel as he wants, but we don't know yet how far the right-wing will get in Europe. They're a lot smarter than we Americans are, by a long stretch. It won't be as easy for the Trumps over there as it was over here to fool the people. Half of Americans are so dumb they would follow a blind pig off a cliff. And they do.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(02-19-2017, 07:13 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [quote pid='21523' dateline='1487489265']
<snip for brevity>

Well, I agree with you Rags that you should get a fatter paycheck Smile  Preferably out of the hides of some rich CEOs.

I'm not sure what VAT you are talking about that would smack people who "import cheap stuff including outsourced labor from overseas like call centers in India." I know there's a lot of that going on, but I always thought it had to do with free trade and lack of tariffs. But who knows, the CEOs seem able to get around a lot of stuff in order to hire cheaper labor that we Americans could do just as well.

The problem you see with illegal immigration, it seems to me, could be solved by enforcing the minimum wages laws on everyone, illegal or not. Yes, we need to shut down the war on drugs, but the other half of the Mexico drug war equation is the cheap legal big guns that we enable the Mexicans to buy and take down there.

Quote:2. A lot of Europe's problems stem from Qaddafi not being there.  Clinton and her Neocon friends are who I blame for that one. If Qaddafi were still in power, then there would not be this huge human smuggling problem going on.

Not at all. Most of the refugees come through Turkey and Greece. Some do come through Libya to Italy, if they survive, but I don't see how Qaddafi could have stopped them. Plus Qaddafi staying in power would have meant a bloodbath just like the one in Syria, and thus 10 times more refugees from Libya itself. You forget again that it is the repression of Arab Spring 2011 peoples' revolutionary movements against tyrants like Assad, Mubarek, Ben Ali and Qaddafi that created most of these refugees; NOT the Islamic State or Al Nusra.

And sometimes I can't believe just how much on target I was in my prediction that 2011-2012 period would see a whole, whole lot of refugees and revolutions. It's right there in my videos from years before. It was all in the stars; specifically Neptune in Pisces. All you had to do was remember the Potato Famine and 1848 Revolutions and how many refugees all that created the last time Neptune was there. Some of them came all the way out here to California to join the Gold Rush and establish our state. I knew what was coming, and so I know what it is.

Quote:3. As for Europe,  it's gonna blow.  Some nice, some not so nice... I think there's a lot of fuel for said demagogues there.  Perhaps tuss can put his 2 cents worth since he lives in Sverige.

Tussilago can toss in his right wing spiel as he wants, but we don't know yet how far the right-wing will get in Europe. They're a lot smarter than we Americans are, by a long stretch. It won't be as easy for the Trumps over there as it was over here to fool the people. Half of Americans are so dumb they would follow a blind pig off a cliff. And they do.
[/quote]

1. The [url="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Value-added_tax"] VAT tax [/url is how I'd finance a true single payer health care plan, Medicare for all. Medicare has a good track record and I've listed how to pay for it. The VAT tax is a legal WTO way of implementing a "border tax". As far as most folks are concerned, they'd be paying a new tax, yes, but in exchange for no more Medicare taxes and no more health insurance premiums. I'd venture to say that Medicare taxes and health insurance premiums are more regressive than the VAT. If the VAT is structured to be imposed on each level of production than healthy food would have a lower rate as well. It works like this, fast food has a lot of production steps and inputs like plastic containers. I purchase rye grain and quinola from Amazon. Whole grain rye and quinola don't have that many steps from producer to consumer. In fact, I'd love to buy wheat and soybeans from the farmers where I live.  Generally, the fewer steps in food production there are, the better quality of food you get. Smile

2. A flood of refugees is usually always a problem Eric. Europe's economy sucks and Mideast culture does not mesh well with European culture. I agree with you terrorism is a minor but present threat. I'm even astounded at the US terrorism fetish. Auto crashes have a far higher chance of doing me in than a terror attack.  I don't like illegal aliens coming to the US because
a. Illegal is just that, illegal. It's not OK to  follow some laws, but not others. It's also not OK to ignore some laws, and not others. That's a recipe for anarchism. If there are laws I don't like, I'm obligated to vote for folks who want to get rid of the laws I think are stupid. The war on drugs is number 1. The war on drugs is a failed venture, it costs a fortune in jail costs, and it has absurd features like THC being a schedule III drug in the form of Marinol, but a schedule I as a plant.

3. Illegals in the US.  I refer you once again to the population overshoot problem.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_overpopulation
So, do you agree or disagree with this. Do you think like I do that global warming's going to put a major hurt on carrying capacity?  Sorry, I'm not into having a Soylent green future.  So yeah, I can't help it that I was "there" in the 1970's.  What was old is new again, man. Cool

4. Why don't the refugees go to places like Saudi Arabia? There's lots of room there.

5. Neptune/Pisces:  I'm not an astrologer.  All I know is in the case of the Mideast is we got a "the road to hell is paved with good intentions." It's even harder because of <shameless badering> Rags can't get Eric to do a chart for him because he has to pay </shameless badgering>

5. Baddies in Mexico can get guns from lot's of places like they do with chemical precursors for meth. Mexican Ice and weed are some of their most sought after merchandise.
---Value Added Cool
(02-19-2017, 06:30 PM)ImpalaMama Wrote: From my experience as a mother of 4 children born between 1991-2001, I can DEFINITELY say that the minimum earliest year for Adaptive Generation is 2001.

I myself was a "cusper" born in 1960, so I am very aware of the nuances of a generational change. Most of the parents of my 1990's babies were Boomers or early wave Gen Xers, but Boomers were squarely in charge of the child nurture universe. Since I was a last year cohort of the Boom and had my last child at 41, I saw how things changed almost from his birth and as his childhood has progressed. He is a freshman in High School now.
The parents of children of his peers were GenXers and were increasingly smothering in their child rearing practices.

For example, when he was a baby, mandatory vaccines for infants increased to include Hep A, Chicken pox and Prevnar.  When he was a toddler, Mandatory Child safety seats began to be required not just for infants and toddlers, but for children all the way up to 10 years old.  Urine Drug screens for pregnant women are mandatory in increasingly more states, along with mandatory reporting to DHS/CPS of any mothers who test positive.  In some states mandatory fetal stool is being tested for drugs., Babies and even older Children are being removed from the care of a mother where the expectant mother or the fecal stool tested positive for weed but no harder drugs.  War is being waged on childhood obesity....public service ads are out there admonishing parents to make sure their children get out and play. Toddlers are more adept with smartphones and tablets than their parents.  A decade ago, unless a teen was affluent, spoiled rotten, or a drug dealer they usually didn't have even a cell phone. Now kids in elementary school have smartphones. 

These are just a few examples I have noticed. 

Strauss/Howe have repeatedly stated that quite often it is difficult to know when and where a generational line truly can be definitively set until further down the line as events occur. I can safely say from my own experience, it would 2001 as the earliest. S/H often clash with others as to the boundaries of generations---such as for years the "Boom" generation was set from 1946-1964, but S/H set it as 1943-1960. I totally agreed with that! Because even though I lived through the same years as 1961-1964 cohorts and witnessed events from that perspective, I find it far easier to relate to and identify with people a 1-4 years older than myself than those 1-4 years younger.

It's also important to note that we won't know the exact generational boundary until the end of the 4T.
#MakeTheDemocratsGreatAgain
(02-19-2017, 06:30 PM)ImpalaMama Wrote:  A decade ago, unless a teen was affluent, spoiled rotten, or a drug dealer they usually didn't have even a cell phone. Now kids in elementary school have smartphones. 
That isn't quite true, at least in my neighborhood (Northern Virginia). Back in 2006, when my 1994 cohort started middle school, she received a nice, shiny silver flip phone. The norm back then was that since middle school kids would be arriving home from school before their employed parents, they should have a cell phone. Of course, they used their cell phones to constantly text each other. And the phones were pretty basic -- you could phone, text, or take lousy pictures.
(02-21-2017, 01:45 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
(02-18-2017, 10:01 AM)Odin Wrote:
(02-18-2017, 08:53 AM)FLBones Wrote: The early 1920s had a red scare. By that definition, the 1920s were the start of 4T, which is wrong. Same argument applies to 9/11. 4T didn't start until 2008.

If you compare the ages of the current generations with the ones to the late 1930s, they are almost identical to what we see today.

Exactly. The only people I see nowadays insisting that 9/11 was the start of the 4T are Fascists are other far-right fucks thirsting for a holy war in the Middle East.

^ Word. This is right on.

^ Word. This is right on.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
My take on this is such:
There was a change in culture in 2006/7 (MySpace, iPhone). Those who remember the world before it, are millennials. Those who don't are iPhone generation. Because our first memories start at age 3-4, the appropriate date to begin a new generation is 2003.

More controversially I think the end of generation X should moved to 1985 or so, since the difference with millennials here would be remembering or not the Cold War.
(10-22-2018, 07:49 AM)Bill the Piper Wrote: My take on this is such:
There was a change in culture in 2006/7 (MySpace, iPhone). Those who remember the world before it, are millennials. Those who don't are iPhone generation. Because our first memories start at age 3-4, the appropriate date to begin a new generation is 2003.

More controversially I think the end of generation X should moved to 1985 or so, since the difference with millennials here would be remembering or not the Cold War.

You have something here in that as a political generation, adults born in 1982 through 1984 have not shown a proclivity for winning high political office early.  It may be that X adults are less pro-business than the Lost were, X having less faith in the bureaucratic corporations and an aristocratic economy than the Lost had in the more free-wheeling economy of the time before the New Deal. It could also be that Obama is not another FDR, as he did not change the political system to entrench his ideals.  Someone who does that will be the 'New FDR'. The President who shapes America to commit itself on a new direction in politics does not seem to be Donald Trump, whose approval and disapproval numbers

Quote:Approval

[Image: genusmap.php?year=2012&ev_c=1&pv_p=1&ev_...NE3=2;55;7]

55% or higher dark blue
50-54% medium blue
less than 50% but above disapproval pale blue
even white
46% to 50% but below disapproval pale red
42% to 45% medium red
under 42% deep red

States and districts hard to see:

CT 39
DC 17
DE 39
HI 33
NJ 37
RI 30
NE-01 45
NE-02 38
NE-03 55
NH 39
RI 30
VT 32

Nebraska districts are shown as 1, 2, and 3 from left to right on the map, even if they are geographically 3, 1, and 2 from west to east.

100-Disapproval

[Image: genusmap.php?year=2012&ev_c=1&pv_p=1&ev_...NE3=2;66;7]

55% or higher dark blue (but must be a lead of at least 5%)
50% to 54% or higher but not tied medium blue, but must be a lead of at least 3%)
50% or higher but positive, or a margin less than 3%, pale blue

ties white

45% or higher and negative pale red
40% to 44% medium red
under 40% deep red

States and districts hard to see:

CT 41
DC 20
DE 43
HI 36
NH 49
NJ 37
RI 30
NE-01 55
NE-02 46
NE-03 66
RI 30
VT 36

Nebraska districts are shown as 1, 2, and 3 from left to right on the map, even if they are geographically 3, 1, and 2 from west to east.

The map that I use is in the context of most elections in American history, and in general Republicans had blue and Democrats had red until the 1980s.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index....msg6481004..

I do not believe the polling on Kentucky or Louisiana, as such polling suggests aging outliers. My objective in this polling map is to give some indication of how the Presidential election will go, and for that I treat 100-DISapproval as a ceiling for an incumbent seeking re-election. At this point I look at the approval polls, and most of them have him anywhere between 38% and 44%, which suggest that if everything goes right for him between now and the 2020 election he has a slight chance of winning the popular vote. I look at statewide polls of Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Wisconsin and I can't see him winning any of those states. If I am to project the Presidential election of 2020 now I see Trump losing at least almost as badly as the elder Bush did in 1992.

President Trump is not winning new supporters, and he has badly disappointed many who held their noses and chose Trump over Clinton. His Party could gain seats in the Senate due to some of them being held by incumbent Democrats in states that he won handily, with only two Senate seats being held by Republicans in states that were close in 2016. Chances of a Democrat winning a Senate race in Tennessee or Texas would usually be a pipe dream -- but there was Doug Jones of Alabama.

...In 2020 the prognosis for Republicans holding onto a Senate majority is grim, with an appointed Senator in Arizona probably not running for re-election (appointed incumbents usually lose), and Republicans having to defend Senate seats in Colorado, Iowa, Maine, and Ohio where he is highly unpopular.

All bets are off if President Trump imposes a dictatorial regime as did Erdogan in Turkey or Putin in Russia, and this President is capricious enough that he could do so. The political scene also changes dramatically should Donald Trump cease being President, which is more likely in view of his bad health habits and age (death, heart attack, stroke), in which case Mike Pence becomes the relevant figure until at least 2020.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How conservative are Homelanders really? Ghost 77 40,397 02-15-2022, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Kids react = Homelanders react sbarrera 0 1,181 07-28-2020, 05:24 PM
Last Post: sbarrera