Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the left has devolved to.
(02-02-2017, 05:14 PM)SomeGuy Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 05:10 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 03:39 PM)nihilist moron Wrote: The Left will need to work a lot harder if they don't want to be associated with firestarters, walking vaginas, and Madonna.

Dunno. Perhaps an investigation will link Soros to this shit. If so....
#CivilAssetForfeitrureSoros : Lots of dough to compensate the victims of his shit stirring and overtime pay for the cops. Cool
#ShutSorosDown
There's no violence in doing that, right?

What is he, 86?  Shouldn't have too much longer.

Yeah, I'll be sure to party when that motherfucker croaks. *I mean really, the stuff he funds does nobody any good. I also know Oklahoma sure could use that hedge fund money to fix our state budget.

*Rags is a Taurus and pretty much everything trends towards money. Big Grin   Just ask Eric.
---Value Added Cool
(02-02-2017, 03:39 PM)nihilist moron Wrote: The Left will need to work a lot harder if they don't want to be associated with firestarters, walking vaginas, and Madonna.

Dunno. Perhaps an investigation will link Soros to these Black Bloc punks . If so....
#CivilAssetForfeitrureSoros : Lots of dough to compensate the victims of his shit stirring and overtime pay for the cops. Cool
#ShutSorosDown

There is no evidence that Soros is really linked to the things that conspiracy theorists SAY that he is linked to.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(02-02-2017, 05:17 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 04:36 AM)taramarie Wrote: "Except, both sides don't.  Only one side regularly attacks people from the other side, or resorts to burning things down."

Ah I would have to disagree with you there. I have heard and seen too much to believe that. I may be a foreigner but I am not blind nor deaf.

Both sides participate in the viciousness. But not every single individual does.

Citations please.

Agreed, I would like hard evidence that you are neither blind nor deaf.  Tongue
(02-02-2017, 04:12 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 04:04 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 03:18 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 03:01 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: I assume that you are aware that rhetoric can easily turn into violence.

Oh, yes.

(02-02-2017, 03:01 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: I assume that you are aware that rhetoric can also be used to insight violence.

Oh, yes.  Recently demonstrated.

(02-02-2017, 03:01 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: Do blues (the Democrats in general) have the ability to boldly confront/staunchly turn against the improper use of rhetoric that's viewed as being politically associated with them, so to speak.

The ability, yes.  Some of them even do it.  For example, Berkeley apparently was the origin place of a free speech movement.  Some of the Berkeley people were particularly upset at the recent incident, denouncing the flame throwers quite clearly and vehemently.  Not that everyone noticed.  The flame throwers got more attention.

(02-02-2017, 03:01 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: At what point does the Democratic party stop being viewed by Americans as being a party of vote whores/ white hate merchants  and stop using our federal funds as a means to pacify dangerous/radical groups within their social ranks?

Do you have any evidence that the Black Crew is federally funded?  At least, this seems to be what you are suggesting.  If so, I would expect Trump to issue an executive order telling them to stop.

I don't see Americans viewing the Democrats that way.  I see certain red leaning extreme partisans obsessed with vile stereotypes viewing Democrats that way.  I've been trying to get extreme partisans to drop their vile stereotypes, to stop casually confusing their vile stereotypes with Truth, with little to no effect.  Extreme partisans are extreme partisans, and will wallow in their own hate and lies.  Not much I can do about such irrational hatred.  

And, yes, that sort of thing can lead to violence.
I view the Democrats that way because that's how they come across to me and their politics come across to me. In my case, the Democrats have earned whatever vile stereotype that I've placed on them. You haven't figured this out yet. You haven't figured that you've been directly engaging with a hard core American for years. An American who has been judging you, your opinions, your actions or lack of actions, your social tolerances and the fundamental strengths of your values and beliefs as a so-called blue voter. An American who doesn't doesn't give a crap about your race, your gender, your ethnic heritage or whatever the Democrats view as being most valuable to themselves vote wise/blue community wise at election time.

I as a liberal and sometime Democratic voter (and I suspect most like me) would not agree that your ideas and values are "American," and ours are not. What for you is a "hard core American?" Do such Americans have a certain racial or religious heritage? What do they believe to be American, as opposed to what "blue voters" believe to be American?
As an American (a red as most blues like you here see me), I view you as a so-called liberal/blue/progressive and that's it. You don't mean anything more to me than those words. I only have an interest in one of them that you use. The one that I've already challenged and removed from you and those like yourself a long time. Do we (I say we because it's no longer just little old me vs a big blue regime like before) really need to do it all over again to prove a point?
(02-02-2017, 05:38 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 04:36 AM)taramarie Wrote: "Except, both sides don't.  Only one side regularly attacks people from the other side, or resorts to burning things down."

Ah I would have to disagree with you there. I have heard and seen too much to believe that. I may be a foreigner but I am not blind nor deaf.

Both sides participate in the viciousness. But not every single individual does.

Citations please.

Should not be too hard for you to see and hear what goes on in your own country. No, I will not do your homework for you. Especially as I sense it will be a waste of my time. I would rather you open your mind to what goes on on both sides instead. If a foreigner can see what viciousness happens on both sides, should not even require citations. It is blatantly obvious. Very amusing actually that someone needs a foreigner to see what goes on in his own country. Ok that is your homework. Chop chop! Miss kiwi is now off to buy some swan plants for hungry caterpillars. Big Grin

So what you're saying is you don't have any citations.
(02-02-2017, 05:43 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 03:18 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 03:01 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: I assume that you are aware that rhetoric can easily turn into violence.

Oh, yes.

(02-02-2017, 03:01 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: I assume that you are aware that rhetoric can also be used to insight violence.

(02-02-2017, 03:01 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: Do blues (the Democrats in general) have the ability to boldly confront/staunchly turn against the improper use of rhetoric that's viewed as being politically associated with them, so to speak.

The ability, yes.  Some of them even do it.  For example, Berkeley apparently was the origin place of a free speech movement.  Some of the Berkeley people were particularly upset at the recent incident, denouncing the flame throwers quite clearly and vehemently.  Not that everyone noticed.  The flame throwers got more attention.

(02-02-2017, 03:01 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: At what point does the Democratic party stop being viewed by Americans as being a party of vote whores/ white hate merchants  and stop using our federal funds as a means to pacify dangerous/radical groups within their social ranks?

Do you have any evidence that the Black Crew is federally funded?  At least, this seems to be what you are suggesting.  If so, I would expect Trump to issue an executive order telling them to stop.

I don't see Americans viewing the Democrats that way.  I see certain red leaning extreme partisans obsessed with vile stereotypes viewing Democrats that way.  I've been trying to get extreme partisans to drop their vile stereotypes, to stop casually confusing their vile stereotypes with Truth, with little to no effect.  Extreme partisans are extreme partisans, and will wallow in their own hate and lies.  Not much I can do about such irrational hatred.  

I view the Democrats that way because that's how they come across to me and their politics come across to me. In my case, the Democrats have earned whatever vile stereotype that I've placed on them. You haven't figured this out yet. You haven't figured that you've been directly engaging with a hard core American for years. An American who has been judging you, your opinions, your actions or lack of actions, your social tolerances and the fundamental strengths of your values and beliefs as a so-called blue voter. An American who doesn't doesn't give a crap about your race, your gender, your ethnic heritage or whatever the Democrats view as being most valuable to themselves vote wise/blue community wise at election time.

I as a liberal and sometime Democratic voter (and I suspect most like me) would not agree that your ideas and values are "American," and ours are not. What for you is a "hard core American?" Do such Americans have a certain racial or religious heritage? What do they believe to be American, as opposed to what "blue voters" believe to be American?
As an American (a red as most blues like you here see me), I view you as a so-called liberal/blue/progressive and that's it. You don't mean anything more to me than those words. I only have an interest in one of them that you use. The one that I've already challenged and removed from you and those like yourself a long time. Do we (I say we because it's no longer just little old me vs a big blue regime like before) really need to do it all over again to prove a point?

You say "red voters" like yourself are "core Americans" and "blue voters" like me are not, but you haven't provided any meaning to the words "core American" that you use to define yourself and some other "red voters." What are we to believe about what you mean?
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(02-02-2017, 05:21 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

Dunno. Perhaps an investigation will link Soros to these Black Bloc punks . If so....
#ShutSorosDown

There is no evidence that Soros is really linked to the things that conspiracy theorists SAY that he is linked to.

Try again.  Note I said "perhaps an investigation". Tongue  Open Society's record indicate that an investigation is warranted.
---Value Added Cool

Citations please.

Should not be too hard for you to see and hear what goes on in your own country. No, I will not do your homework for you. Especially as I sense it will be a waste of my time. I would rather you open your mind to what goes on on both sides instead. If a foreigner can see what viciousness happens on both sides, should not even require citations. It is blatantly obvious. Very amusing actually that someone needs a foreigner to see what goes on in his own country. Ok that is your homework. Chop chop! Miss kiwi is now off to buy some swan plants for hungry caterpillars. Big Grin
As far as the forum goes, which side seems to be more vicious in nature. I don't need a foreigner to help me pick out the primary trouble makers. Why did you choose blue America? Why did you choose less individual freedoms? Less individual wealth? Less individual power and so forth. You haven't picked that up here yet.

Citations please.

I have not seen any news stories about so called right wingers rioting or assaulting folks. Since I can't find it, that means it does not exist. Since you're the one who stated "both sides participate in the viciousness" , then either prove it or agree with my statements  that I have documented.  Tongue    Caterpillers?  Chicken feed.

*Chicken award for tara

[Image: 449px-Female_pair.jpg]
---Value Added Cool
(02-02-2017, 05:54 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 05:21 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

#ShutSorosDown

Try again.  Note I said "perhaps an investigation". Tongue  Open Society's record indicate that an investigation is warranted.
I heard that he spent 90 plus million to mess up Trumps weekend.
(02-02-2017, 07:05 PM)taramarie Wrote: Rags, sorry that you are blind and deaf to what goes on over there in your own country.

Uh, begging the question now are we?

Quote:As to the caterpillar food, i just bought them some swan plants.

Yeah, I know.  To clarify, you can use caterpillars to feed chickens. There's a stray chicken that's on the loose. I like it when she eats grubs in my garden soil.  Hopefully, she'll be on the lam come spring and eat any caterpillars that bother my garden plants.
---Value Added Cool
(02-02-2017, 05:51 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 05:43 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 03:18 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: Oh, yes.

You say "red voters" like yourself are "core Americans" and "blue voters" like me are not, but you haven't provided any meaning to the words "core American" that you use to define yourself and some other "red voters." What are we to believe about what you mean?
How much of America do you seem care about America as a whole? How much of America as a whole truly matters to you? Have you've been paying attention to our philosophical/ideological battles of sorts and the more sovereign issues that related to those values? Have you been taking my advice and taking into account the presence of American voters here and American voters elsewhere or have you just been focused on recruiting/keeping blue voters. Would/can you even call yourself a hard core American without concerns in so-called blue America these days?
(02-02-2017, 07:08 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 05:58 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:

Citations please.

As far as the forum goes, which side seems to be more vicious in nature. I don't need a foreigner to help me pick out the primary trouble makers. Why did you choose blue America? Why did you choose less individual freedoms? Less individual wealth? Less individual power and so forth. You haven't picked that up here yet.
Classic, pretty much you are a waste of time for me anyway as you certainly are not open for discussion so give me a reason why I should engage with you on this and my personal beliefs before I indulge you as to what i think. Tell me why it is worth my time? If you give me a sufficient answer I will then tell you and you will be more than likely surprised by my answer.
What makes you think/feel/believe that I'm not open for discussion or open to reading your personal opinions and open to gaining an understanding of your views as a blue?
(02-02-2017, 08:13 PM)taramarie Wrote: Nihilist, I just said on this very same thread that I do not get my news just from radio. Most of it comes from Americans themselves and online source for which i fact check. You are thinking old school, girl!
Nihilist, ain't all that old school. You get the bulk of your information from who, which group of Americans, on the internet. Are you familiar with Republican politics yet? Are you familiar with Republican voters yet?
(02-02-2017, 08:31 PM)nihilist moron Wrote: Talking to Americans online isn't the same thing as talking to Americans. Just sayin.
Talking to the same Americans on line isn't the same as talking to different Americans either.
(02-02-2017, 08:50 AM)nihilist moron Wrote: I listened to Milo on the news last night. He's surely an attention whore.
But the students screwed up by giving him what he wanted. Aren't you supposed to ignore a troll?
Trump was prob glad to see Berkeley burning as well.

This is why the university should have never allowed him to speak in the first place. His whole shtick is to incite violence by being as offensive as possible, that is the whole point, he doesn't actually believe any of the nonsense he spouts. He's the guy who shouts "FIRE" in a crowded theater and then blames people stampeding for the exits for the people who died in the panic.
#MakeTheDemocratsGreatAgain
(02-02-2017, 12:40 PM)SomeGuy Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 07:51 AM)Odin Wrote:
Quote:Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. — In this formulation, I do not imply, for instance, that we should always suppress the utterance of intolerant philosophies; as long as we can counter them by rational argument and keep them in check by public opinion, suppression would certainly be unwise. But we should claim the right to suppress them if necessary even by force; for it may easily turn out that they are not prepared to meet us on the level of rational argument, but begin by denouncing all argument; they may forbid their followers to listen to rational argument, because it is deceptive, and teach them to answer arguments by the use of their fists or pistols. We should therefore claim, in the name of tolerance, the right not to tolerate the intolerant. We should claim that any movement preaching intolerance places itself outside the law, and we should consider incitement to intolerance and persecution as criminal, in the same way as we should consider incitement to murder, or to kidnapping, or to the revival of the slave trade, as criminal.

-Karl Popper, The Open Society And Its Enemies

And before the usual suspects begin denouncing Popper, you should know that he is famous for his defense of Liberal Democracy against both Fascism and Marxism, and he was a close friend of Hayek. Popper wrote these lines at the height of WW2, when many of his fellow Jews were being exterminated in the concentration camps.

Milo Yianopoulos has no interest in reasonable discussion, he's a professional troll, like Ann Coulter, and like Coulter he likely doesn't even believe the BS he spews. His sole interest is in being as provocative as possible in order to incite protest so he can whine about "violent leftists" oppressing him, and thus help further radicalize his Fascist fuck followers. Giving him a platform for his bullshit just encourages his bullshit. He has no place on a college campus, whose purpose is for reasonable discussion.

And of course "Libertarians" like Galen show their true colors by cozying up to Fascism.

Emphasis mine.

I must have missed the brownshirts those antifas were bravely fighting against.  Perhaps they were holed up in the Starbucks?  Wink

The brownshirt was Milo.
(02-02-2017, 06:15 PM)nihilist moron Wrote: I just spent four weeks in Australia and NZ. The "news" that you guys get over there is highly slanted liberal.

No, reality has a liberal bias and they are just free of the Right-Wing Propaganda Machine.
Odin
(02-02-2017, 08:50 AM)nihilist moron Wrote: I listened to Milo on the news last night. He's surely an attention whore.
But the students screwed up by giving him what he wanted. Aren't you supposed to ignore a troll?
Trump was prob glad to see Berkeley burning as well.

This is why the university should have never allowed him to speak in the first place. His whole shtick is to incite violence by being as offensive as possible, that is the whole point, he doesn't actually believe any of the nonsense he spouts. He's the guy who shouts "FIRE" in a crowded theater and then blames people stampeding for the exits for the people who died in the panic.

Offensive in what way? Triggering?  Ya know being triggered depends on the person, right? Rags gets triggered by SJW's spewing  their shit and being all being self righteous and shit.  I don't go around black bloccing when I see stuff I really hate.   Tongue
---Value Added Cool
(02-02-2017, 07:36 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 07:31 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 07:05 PM)taramarie Wrote: Rags, sorry that you are blind and deaf to what goes on over there in your own country.

Uh, begging the question now are we?

Quote:As to the caterpillar food, i just bought them some swan plants.

Yeah, I know.  To clarify, you can use caterpillars to feed chickens. There's a stray chicken that's on the loose. I like it when she eats grubs in my garden soil.  Hopefully, she'll be on the lam come spring and eat any caterpillars that bother my garden plants.

I do not have chickens. But it would be nice for the eggs. Not sure what you mean with your first comment. Begging no question here. But sorry that you are not aware of the news. Been quite obvious here and I do not just get my news from NZ.

Begging the question, a poor translation of the Latin petitio principii, assuming the initial point.  It's a logical fallacy.  He's saying that your conclusion "Rags, sorry that you are blind and deaf to what goes on over there in your own country" is based on a premise for which you have provided no evidence.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rep. Dan Crenshaw irks both the left and right with gun comments random3 0 655 02-05-2021, 04:03 AM
Last Post: random3
  The cancer infecting the political Left Mickey123 310 68,811 02-01-2021, 11:41 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  The Green New Deal is a left-capitalist fraud Einzige 0 649 01-31-2021, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Einzige
Smile Treason's Just A Word For Nothing Left To Lose... Bad Dog 4 3,331 08-11-2019, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  Critique Left X_4AD_84 6 6,378 03-21-2017, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Bob Butler 54
  Leading Left-Liberal Intellectual Endorses Jill Stein Anthony '58 0 1,508 07-18-2016, 06:36 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58