Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump brought the Regeneracy, just not in the way he expected.
Quote:I am basically the same person without Asperger's -- which sounds like the hero of a romance novel

[Image: iWKad22.jpg]
(03-14-2017, 02:09 PM)SomeGuy Wrote:
Quote:I am basically the same person without Asperger's -- which sounds like the hero of a romance novel

That's  a scenario in which I have unlimited potential in many things, so long as I have a focus. As I say, it is not so interesting. Good novels need a problem.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Quote:That's  a scenario in which I have unlimited potential in many things, so long as I have a focus. As I say, it is not so interesting. Good novels need a problem.

[Image: jesus_facepalm.jpg]
(03-14-2017, 12:50 PM)SomeGuy Wrote:
Quote:Detail: I was diagnosed in less than thirty minutes... for Asperger's.

That's not a real diagnosis.  I got one of those, too, from the psychiatrist at the VA ER room (first step in the admission process).  I spoke to a "real" psychiatrist later and she said that that was ridiculous.
I would be skeptical of that diagnosis.  Not saying it isn't real, but I would take it with a grain of salt, maybe go and get a second opinion.

Yeah, when I got diagnosed I had a LOOOOONG assessment that took several hours and included several tests, including an IQ test, and that is normal procedure for ASD diagnoses.
#MakeTheDemocratsGreatAgain
(03-14-2017, 04:23 PM)SomeGuy Wrote:
Quote:That's  a scenario in which I have unlimited potential in many things, so long as I have a focus. As I say, it is not so interesting. Good novels need a problem.

[Image: jesus_facepalm.jpg]

I know, right?
Quote:Yeah, when I got diagnosed I had a LOOOOONG assessment that took several hours and included several tests, including an IQ test, and that is normal procedure for ASD diagnoses.

Eh, your doc probably got paid per test.  Tongue

I mean, apparently he is very happy with his "diagnosis", and manages to use it to explain everything that went wrong with his life.  Why, without it, he would have won so much he would have gotten tired of winning.  Not even enough for a short story, there.  Maybe he lucked out.  Rolleyes
(03-14-2017, 05:12 PM)SomeGuy Wrote:
Quote:Yeah, when I got diagnosed I had a LOOOOONG assessment that took several hours and included several tests, including an IQ test, and that is normal procedure for ASD diagnoses.

Eh, your doc probably got paid per test.  Tongue

I mean, apparently he is very happy with his "diagnosis", and manages to use it to explain everything that went wrong with his life.  Why, without it, he would have won so much he would have gotten tired of winning.  Not even enough for a short story, there.  Maybe he lucked out.  Rolleyes

I got one.  And its all about winning.

Once upon a time there was this black gay guy named Kinser.  He got off his ass, did some stuff and now has a house, a boyfriend of over 10 years and a kid.  He also bought himself a nice pimpmoble that makes his neighbors jealous.

The end.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
All your cake are belong to us.  Wink
(03-14-2017, 07:58 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: Damn, I thought us Atari X took the cake when it comes to bullying.

And yet, here we have a tail end Nintendo and a Millie taking the cake.

I know .... sample size of 2. Still ......

Bart

Like I told Odin.  I didn't like being bullied so I became one. Count

I'm imagining the 'Count' doing his laugh.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
Emphasis with me was in changing my ways so that I could get on with life.

Any guess about my IQ? Put that together with undiagnosed Asperger's and you can see how destructive Asperger's can be.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(03-14-2017, 09:42 PM)Kinser79 Wrote:
(03-14-2017, 07:58 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: Damn, I thought us Atari X took the cake when it comes to bullying.

And yet, here we have a tail end Nintendo and a Millie taking the cake.

I know .... sample size of 2. Still ......

Bart

Like I told Odin.  I didn't like being bullied so I became one. Count

I'm imagining the 'Count' doing his laugh.

Hypocrite!

Wise people try to stop a cycle of abusive behavior.

(03-14-2017, 11:46 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Hypocrite!

For someone who is going to tell us his IQ is some high looking number you apparently cannot detect sarcasm.

But I find taking a master mentality is superior to taking a slave one.  Read Teh Nietzsches

(03-14-2017, 11:43 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Any guess about my IQ?

Nobody cares.
(03-15-2017, 07:33 AM)Odin Wrote:

Nobody cares.

Seconded.
Hey guys!  Guys?  Anybody want to know my ASVAB scores?  They're pretty cool! Guys?  Rolleyes

Nobody cares.

Fine. So long as people don't say that I am stupid.

(03-14-2017, 11:54 PM)Kinser79 Wrote:

For someone who is going to tell us his IQ is some high looking number you apparently cannot detect sarcasm.

A deficiency in sense of humor, I am told, goes with Asperger's. I get slapstick humor well enough.

Quote:But I find taking a master mentality is superior to taking a slave one.  Read Teh Nietzsches

No slaves and no masters  do I need.

(03-15-2017, 09:18 AM)pbrower2a Wrote:

Nobody cares.

I dunno, I don't think you're particularly bright.  Why? What's it to you? Is your intelligence something you require external validation for?

Nobody cares.

While I wouldn't call you stupid, I wouldn't call you particularly intelligent either. Get you off your memorized canned responses and you flop around like a fish plucked from the water. Kind of like what I do with Shiners (that's a type of trash fish usually used as bait--fresh water) when I catch them and feed them to the local Egret. They flop around and around until the bird grants them mercy by swallowing them whole.

(03-15-2017, 09:25 AM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(03-14-2017, 11:54 PM)Kinser79 Wrote:

A deficiency in sense of humor, I am told, goes with Asperger's. I get slapstick humor well enough.

Then I take it you wouldn't understand the humor of most of the Classics as it is based on word play and sarcasm. Slapstick is usually considered low brow and for someone who loves to boast about how cultured he is I'm surprised you can't detect it.

Quote:
Quote:But I find taking a master mentality is superior to taking a slave one.  Read Teh Nietzsches

No slaves and no masters  do I need.
[/quote]

There are two kinds of people in this world. Often this is described as masters vs. slaves, or wolves vs. sheep, or predators vs. prey. Ultimately one has to pick one. Humans may be more complex than other animals but we haven't stopped being animals.

(03-15-2017, 09:34 AM)SomeGuy Wrote:

Nobody cares.

I dunno, I don't think you're particularly bright.  Why? What's it to you?  Is your intelligence something you require external validation for?

Maybe I am stupid, and maybe not; but I don't quite understand how SomeGuy is more qualified than others to estimate someone's IQ based on posts on a discussion forum.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump's real German analog Donald Trump takes office on Friday, and the world hol pbrower2a 2 2,899 02-09-2017, 05:52 PM
Last Post: freivolk