Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"I write like"
This is just for fun. I question whether anyone here is a unique writer... we all have our mannerisms, our emphases, our predictable sentence structure, our word choice, and our biases. I doubt that anyone here is going to find himself being  compared to William Shakespeare or Emily Dickinson, or for that matter (GAAAK!) Donald Trump or Sarah Palin. 

Here's my analogue:

Cory Efram Doctorow (born July 17, 1971) is a Canadian-British blogger, journalist, and science fiction author who serves as co-editor of the weblog Boing Boing. He is an activist in favour of liberalising copyright laws and a proponent of the Creative Commons organization, using some of their licences for his books. Some common themes of his work include digital rights management, file sharing, and "post-scarcity" economics.

...I am about sixteen years older, and although I was born within about a four-hour drive from where he was born, my father was definitely not born in a refugee camp in Azerbaijan. I used to be up-to-date on computer technology -- about when he was a teenager. That is over -- long over.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(05-14-2017, 11:49 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: This is just for fun. I question whether anyone here is a unique writer... we all have our mannerisms, our emphases, our predictable sentence structure, our word choice, and our biases. I doubt that anyone here is going to find himself being  compared to William Shakespeare or Emily Dickinson, or for that matter (GAAAK!) Donald Trump or Sarah Palin. 

Here's my analogue:

Cory Efram Doctorow (born July 17, 1971) is a Canadian-British blogger, journalist, and science fiction author who serves as co-editor of the weblog Boing Boing. He is an activist in favour of liberalising copyright laws and a proponent of the Creative Commons organization, using some of their licences for his books. Some common themes of his work include digital rights management, file sharing, and "post-scarcity" economics.

...I am about sixteen years older, and although I was born within about a four-hour drive from where he was born, my father was definitely not born in a refugee camp in Azerbaijan. I used to be up-to-date on computer technology -- about when he was a teenager. That is over -- long over.

Ditto.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cory_Doctorow
---Value Added Cool
C'mon folks -- try it!
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.