Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 144,345
» Latest member: Jamesoxinc
» Forum threads: 2,066
» Forum posts: 56,344

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 239 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 239 Guest(s)

Latest Threads
WHATSAPP +4917636131686)W...
Forum: General Political Discussion
Last Post: besbian1990
04-25-2024, 07:39 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 23
WHATSAPP +4917636131686))...
Forum: Old Fourth Turning Forum Posts
Last Post: besbian1990
04-25-2024, 07:37 AM
» Views: 25
Whatsapp: +16465806302 Bu...
Forum: Forum feedback
Last Post: markcarls
04-25-2024, 05:06 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 60
Whatsapp: +16465806302 Bu...
Forum: About the Forums and Website
04-25-2024, 05:04 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 48
Whatsapp +16465806302 Kup...
Forum: Announcements
04-25-2024, 05:03 AM
» Views: 32
Kaufen deutschen Führersc...
Forum: Turnings
Last Post: leonmulla744
04-24-2024, 11:33 PM
» Views: 26
WHERE CAN I BUY COUNTERF...
Forum: Special Topics/G-T Lounge
Last Post: hariiscarlos
04-22-2024, 06:26 PM
» Views: 46
WHERE CAN I BUY COUNTERF...
Last Post: hariiscarlos
04-22-2024, 06:22 PM
» Views: 31
führerschein umtauschen (...
Forum: Theories Of History
04-21-2024, 11:30 PM
» Views: 45
Kaufen deutschen Führersc...
04-21-2024, 11:23 PM
» Views: 28

Human trafficking
Posted by: pbrower2a - 05-23-2016, 11:20 PM - Forum: Economics - No Replies

[/url][url=http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/5/23/1530069/-Two-Tennessee-pastors-included-in-32-arrests-for-human-trafficking-during-undercover-sting]Two Tennessee pastors are among 32 arrested for human trafficking during undercover sting*

Quote:“We want anyone responding to these ads to think there may be a TBI Agent on the other end of it.” —Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Director Mark Gwyn 
According to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI), 32 people have been arrested in Knoxville, Tennessee for human trafficking during a 3-day undercover operation : 
Quote:KNOXVILLE – A three-day operation by Special Agents with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and detectives with the Knoxville Police Department to combat human trafficking in Knoxville has resulted in the arrest of 32 men and women on prostitution and human trafficking-related charges. Two of the men, including a children’s minister, responded to ads for what they thought were girls under the age of 18. The Knoxville anti-trafficking operation, called “Operation Someone Like Me”, is the fifth operation of its kind in the state between the TBI and partner agencies to help identify, investigate and prosecute trafficking, and rescue victims.
With the partnership including the Knoxville Police Department, Community Coalition Against Human Trafficking, End Slavery Tennessee, and Second Life Chattanooga, TBI Agents and intelligence analysts embarked on an undercover operation to identify potential victims of trafficking, arrest those seeking to purchase illicit sex from a juvenile, and learn more about the specific nuances of this type of crime.
Human traffickers all around us. If you’re buying or selling, you are part of the $150 billion business — and part of the crime. Two of the men arrested during the sting were church pastors. Jason Kennedy, a pastor for children aged birth through fifth grade at Grace Baptist Church responded to ads soliciting underaged girls. The TBI records say he negotiated a $100 fee for a half hour of sex with two females — one girl being a minor. The other pastor is Zubin Parakh of Lifehouse Church in Oak Ridge, right outside of Knoxville, was also charged for responding to an ad for sex with a female minor. Three hundred contacts were made in response to ads posted on Background.com (a google search shows the site no longer exists). 
The Knoxville Police Chief David Rausch calls human trafficking the “scourge on society” and states his department is committed to doing all that’s necessary to protect victims. TBI Assistant Special Agent Margie Quin said:
Quote:“We’re changing the conversation about human trafficking. These operations are designed to identify and help victims of trafficking, as well as take these predators off the street.
A public awareness campaign was launched last year in Tennessee called ItHasToStop. The operation also helps identify victims of sex/human trafficking and offers services that include housing, counseling and addiction treatment. 
Here is the WATE.com news video: 

Below are the names of the individuals charged in the human trafficking sting.
Quote:(I have removed the names for this post).
As for the victims of human trafficking, many are right in front of us in hotels, airplanes, nail salons, truck stops, in elder care centers ... they are held captive through coercion, force and threats. There are an estimated 20.9 million victims of human slavery, with 1.5 million in North America. Sex-trafficking is often the most common and most lucrative in the business of selling human beings. TED talk speaker Tony Talbott makes an incredibly disturbing summation about sex trafficking:
Quote:"It's all about the money. Human trafficking is insanely profitable. If you really think about it; Y[u]ou can sell a kilo of Heroin once; You can sell a 13-year-old girl 20 times a night, 365 days a year.”[/u]
In order to attenuate human trafficking, we need national discourse. Much can be prevented through awareness. For additional information, visit The National Human Trafficking Resource Center (NHTRC), online which operates 24 hours, 7 days a week. You can also call call 1-888-373-788 or text BeFree (233733).  If you suspect any kind of human trafficking, you can submit a tip to DHS or visit: ICE.gov.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/5/23/...over-sting

*This is not an indictment of clergy as a whole. The people involved as traffickers, custody-keepers, and johns fit all ethnic, vocational, and religious divisions of humanity. Or, in view of the crime..."swine-dom"

Print this item

Tongue Welcome To The Modern Workplace!
Posted by: Bad Dog - 05-23-2016, 05:57 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (55)

Two managers, and about 10% of the engineering staff quit in the last month. One manger went to the VP of Ops, threw her badge down, and walked out.

The department VP then published a newsletter about how there would be no need to knock down a wall to make space for more staff, as there was plenty of space, now. they also published more strict policy guidelines. Also, 12 hour rotating shifts would continue.

The VP is an X. Smile

Print this item

Would You Vote For Gary Johnson?
Posted by: Anthony '58 - 05-23-2016, 09:45 AM - Forum: General Political Discussion - Replies (13)

Remember when Jackie Gleason said, in an episode of The Honeymooners, "I'm goin' bowlin' - but I'm not goin' bowlin'"?

The Social Darwinist wing of the Republican Party can do essentially the same thing by throwing their support behind already-running Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson.  

They would be launching a third-party bid - but they wouldn't be launching a third-party bid!

Print this item

Party realignment ending or just starting?
Posted by: Mikebert - 05-23-2016, 09:05 AM - Forum: General Political Discussion - Replies (44)

There are two views of the meaning of the Trump/Sanders phenomenon.  One is they represent the beginning of a party re-alignment.  The other being made by Michael Lind is that they present the end of a party re-alignment and the beginning of a policy shift to reflect that realignment.

I have one criticism of Lind's views. For Lind, the sum total of economics is trade and immigration, which are really side issues in economic policy.  Far more important is tax policy and the nature of the policy made by economic policymakers.  It is still not politically correct in either party to talk about this.  Lind glosses over this. 

In effect he is saying that the realignment that has occurred as a result of the culture war will stick.  That white working class voters will continue to support anti-union, low tax rates on the investor/management class, and accept falling real wages as long as their party shows hostility to nonwhites and cultural elites.  In other words guns, gays and abortion have been augments by illegals, Muslims and the Chinese as culture war talking points.

In other words that the 1% will continue to control both parties and politics will be continue to be about stupid shit with real policy limited to rearrangements of the economic deck chairs.

Print this item

Hard To Argue With This!
Posted by: Anthony '58 - 05-23-2016, 08:54 AM - Forum: Religion, Spirituality and Astrology - Replies (2)

The following appeared on my facebook feed:

"As a white male, I have a difficult time grasping the devotion of either African Americans or Native Americans to Christianity.  To me, it seems like Christianity is a slap in the face (to say it mildly) of both races; as Christianity was introduced into the African culture at the expense of human trafficking, torture, murder, and slavery; and was introduced into the Native American culture by way of conquest, torture, murder, and slavery.  The Native American Christian is practicing the faith of those who tried to wipe his ancestors off the map, and the African American Christian is practicing the faith of those who captured, bought, cruelly transported, sold, and enslaved their ancestors.  I just don't understand ..."

To which I responded, after liking and sharing the post:

"Then again, how can anyone not on the very top rung of our wealth ladder, regardless of race, be devoted to an American Christianity that has adopted, hook, line, and sinker, the economic tenets of William Graham Sumner, Ludwig von Mises, Friedrich Hayek, and, worst of all, Ayn Rand? And here's a thought-proving fact: The ancestors of today's Pakistani Muslims were low-caste Hindus who converted to Islam to escape the Hindu caste system."

It has gotten to the point that, in the event of a full-out religious war between Islam and low-church Protestant fundamentalist-hijacked American Christianity, I would respond the same way that Bart Hunter answered Helen Jorgensen's "Don't tell me you're on their (his wife and her husband's) side" remark in the movie A Summer Place:

"Let's just say this - I'm not on yours."

Print this item

Millennials match Baby Boomers as largest generation in U.S. electorate
Posted by: Dan '82 - 05-22-2016, 08:44 PM - Forum: Theory Related Political Discussions - Replies (2)

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/201...they-vote/

Quote:Millennials, who already have surpassed Baby Boomers as the United States’ largest living generation, now have caught up to the Boomers when it comes to their share of the American electorate.
[Image: FT_16.05.13_eligibleMillennialVoters.png]

As of April 2016, an estimated 69.2 million Millennials (adults ages 18-35 in 2016) were voting-age U.S. citizens – a number almost equal to the 69.7 million Baby Boomers (ages 52-70) in the nation’s electorate, according to a new Pew Research Center analysis of U.S. Census Bureau data. Both generations comprise roughly 31% of the voting-eligible population.
Last month, Generation X (ages 36-51) and members of the Silent and Greatest generations (ages 71 and older) comprised about 25% and 12% of the electorate, respectively.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/201...they-vote/

Print this item

Could we get a Wikipedia link?
Posted by: pbrower2a - 05-22-2016, 08:01 AM - Forum: About the Forums and Website - Replies (10)

If I want to make a reference to Wikipedia for explaining a word or concept, I might like to make the reference easy and look relatively plain. Thus if I want to explain what a widget is, I could put it in a device that leads me to the Wikipedia article that says what a widget is. Wikipedia is free, easy to access, and usually reliable.

Print this item

How should obituaries be posted
Posted by: Webmaster - 05-21-2016, 10:47 PM - Forum: Forum feedback - Replies (4)

Since i don't care I'll leave it up to the users

Print this item

saeculum harmonics
Posted by: Mikebert - 05-21-2016, 04:25 PM - Forum: Theories Of History - Replies (9)

The megasaeculum is the fourth subharmonic of the saeculum.  There is also something called the microturnings? that appears to be a fourth of a turning.  Unexplained in these concepts is any explanation for why a saeculum or a turning should show harmonics/subdivisions.  There is a certain aesthetic appeal to historical cycle harmonics analogous to the "wheels within wheels" explored in such toys as the Spirograph (remember those?).  But why should generational dynamics show such larger (or smaller) patterns?  We do not even have a good handle on how the basic saeculum works, why propose larger structures for which little supporting evidence could ever be gained based on their extreme length?

For example.  Supposedly we are in a megaunraveling 4T.  So if we count back four we should has another 4T of the same type in the Glorious Revolution.  Four more back and we have the Second Baron's war 4T.  Four more back and we have the Viking Crisis 4T.  Consider the GCs of these three previous megaunraveling 4Ts:  Alfred the Great; Henry III or Simon Montfort (man not much choice here) and for the Glorious...William III?  One of these is a kick-ass GC; the others, not so much.  No correlation here.  So just what makes a megaunraveling 4T distinctly different from your ordinary run-of-the-mill 4T?

Print this item

Video Gavin McInnis on Baby Boomers
Posted by: Kinser79 - 05-21-2016, 08:08 AM - Forum: Baby Boomers - Replies (65)

And why they are objectively terrible.

Print this item