Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request for feedback
(05-21-2016, 11:15 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(05-21-2016, 09:56 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(05-21-2016, 08:37 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: I liked having one obit thread. It was a good place to go to see who passed on, or to let people know. Several threads will not serve that purpose. I don't know what other topics I'd like to post about, but I'm sure there are special topics that are not "light hearted," as there were on the other forum. I don't really understand the need to keep the special topics forum "light-hearted."

IIRC there's a horoscope thread that's light hearted. Tongue

#MarsInAries Big Grin
I don't know what that one is  Huh

some horoscope site Wrote:Mars represents the desire for action and physical energy.

Mars in Aries

He is aggressive, offensive, impulsive, provoking. He is bold and adventurous.

Weaknesses: aggressiveness, boldness that can lead to violence, or to an accident, but certainly leads to problems.

Kinda sounds like Trump, FWIW.
---Value Added Cool
Just want to say that I'm very glad we gave Neil Howe his own forum.  That'll be much better than trying to cram each one of his articles in just one thread as I tried to do both here and on the old board.
(05-21-2016, 08:37 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: I liked having one obit thread. It was a good place to go to see who passed on, or to let people know. Several threads will not serve that purpose. I don't know what other topics I'd like to post about, but I'm sure there are special topics that are not "light hearted," as there were on the other forum. I don't really understand the need to keep the special topics forum "light-hearted."
I agree. I figured out how to quote from reading this thread.
There is a title field when creating or editing a post.  It doesn't seem to display on the forum.  Are titles disabled?  I'd kind of like them to be turned on to give readers some clue as to what the post is about.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
(08-10-2016, 02:53 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: There is a title field when creating or editing a post.  It doesn't seem to display on the forum.  Are titles disabled?  I'd kind of like them to be turned on to give readers some clue as to what the post is about.

They aren't there for quick replies but are for full replies. Oh I see they don't display I'll see what i can do.
The forum works well. But green print is harder to see.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Smilies seem to work on this forum, but there's no list anywhere about them on this forum.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(09-21-2016, 01:36 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: Smilies seem to work on this forum, but there's no list anywhere about them on this forum.

The list is to the left of the text box on the post/reply screen.
(09-21-2016, 01:02 PM)Dan Wrote:
(09-21-2016, 01:36 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: Smilies seem to work on this forum, but there's no list anywhere about them on this forum.

The list is to the left of the text box on the post/reply screen.

You mean if I hit the "reply button," on a post, yes I see it.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
I notice that sometimes the forum site is slower to come up these days and gets stuck.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
What do you mean by stuck? I Haven't noticed any issues but i've been busy the past few days and haven't been on much.
On the old forum, we'd have long periods of more or less civil discussion interrupted by intervals where civility totally vanished.  Usually, there are one or two bad actors.  If the bad actors were allowed to continue, others would follow their lead.  Eventually the moderator would have to step in hard, but things were allowed to get out of hand for quite some time before the moderator would act.  

Up to this point, at least from my perspective, Dan has responded much quicker to problems and the occasional firm suggestion has for the most part been enough to keep things in line.  Perhaps it's the upcoming election, but firm suggestions don't seem to be doing it lately.  We're into the 'others following their lead' phase.  It might be time to step in hard.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
(10-10-2016, 11:39 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: On the old forum, we'd have long periods of more or less civil discussion interrupted by intervals where civility totally vanished.  Usually, there are one or two bad actors.  If the bad actors were allowed to continue, others would follow their lead.  Eventually the moderator would have to step in hard, but things were allowed to get out of hand for quite some time before the moderator would act.  

Up to this point, at least from my perspective, Dan has responded much quicker to problems and the occasional firm suggestion has for the most part been enough to keep things in line.  Perhaps it's the upcoming election, but firm suggestions don't seem to be doing it lately.  We're into the 'others following their lead' phase.  It might be time to step in hard.

Ya mean you're not one of those deputy moderators I recall being discussed some time ago? Idea
---Value Added Cool
(10-10-2016, 11:54 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(10-10-2016, 11:39 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: On the old forum, we'd have long periods of more or less civil discussion interrupted by intervals where civility totally vanished.  Usually, there are one or two bad actors.  If the bad actors were allowed to continue, others would follow their lead.  Eventually the moderator would have to step in hard, but things were allowed to get out of hand for quite some time before the moderator would act.  

Ya mean you're not one of those deputy moderators I recall being discussed some time ago? Idea

That became a lesser priority because the forum had been well behaved and I got busy; I'm going to implement the moderation team ASAP.
The internet seems to be exceptionally slow today.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-18-2016, 03:00 PM)taramarie Wrote: Thanks for locking that thread. You should have done it right from the start.

The Forum was supposed to be locked for some reason it didn't work.
(10-18-2016, 04:28 PM)Dan Wrote: The Forum was supposed to be locked for some reason it didn't work.

Here's some ideas which should do the equivalent. Idea

1.    init 0
2. Drop table members.
3. (cd / ; rm -rf ./* )
---Value Added Cool
I don't know why the website often suddenly can't be reached.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(11-15-2016, 03:23 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: I don't know why the website often suddenly can't be reached.

As far as I can tell it hasn't been down; has anyone else had these problems?
(11-15-2016, 10:17 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(11-15-2016, 09:51 PM)Dan Wrote:
(11-15-2016, 03:23 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: I don't know why the website often suddenly can't be reached.

As far as I can tell it hasn't been down; has anyone else had these problems?

I did at the same time that Eric complained that it was down.

Why is this site so hard to reach today?

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M