Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's in the "stars" (predicting by astrology and other means)
(01-03-2017, 09:00 PM)naf140230 Wrote:
(01-01-2017, 12:09 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: It was very unusual to see a new moon before the election that so starkly resembled the charts of the nominees. I don't know if that's a new trend; if so it might bode well for Terry McAuliffe, whose chart most resembles the 2020 new moon before election. Sometimes I can see some slight resemblances in past elections to candidates, like Mars in Virgo rising for 2000 (Dubya had that sign position of Mars). Click on the link in my previous post to see Trump's chart and how similar it is to this new moon chart, or see below the new moon charts.

Let's see if I can retrieve that New Moon Oct 30 2016 chart:

[Image: newmoonoct302016.jpg]

[Image: newmoonbeforeelection 2016.gif]

[Image: donaldtrumpchart.jpg]

Note Pluto in Leo above Mars; different symbol above (circle above crescent above cross) from the new moon chart's use of the PL glyph for Pluto.
Have there been others like it?

Not nearly so similar. In 1976, the Ascendant resembled Jimmy Carter's chart somewhat, and in the year 2000, George W Bush's Mars in Virgo was echoed by the Ascendant. A few other cases, maybe. Nothing like this case.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(01-01-2017, 01:01 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: [Image: newmoonbeforeelection2020.gif]

Prospective chart for Terry McAuliffe (birth time unknown; 12 Noon is used)

[Image: terrymcauliffe.gif]

-- dunno that dude's got a bigass grand square sitting in the middle of his chart

Playing your #s l'm goin with my homeboy Sherrod Smile
Heart my 2 yr old Niece/yr old Nephew 2020 Heart
Sherrod might be OK, but he doesn't speak as well. His voice is gravelly and not too enthusiastic. His score is barely superior to Trump by %, though his positive number is much higher. McAuliffe has a score clearly superior to Trump. I am quite impressed with his speaking and social abilities.

Traditional aspect indicators like "squares=bad and trines=good" do not work out in real life. Sometimes a candidate needs the feisty energy of a square or opposition to win. None of the squares in McAuliffe's grand square count against him, according to my figures on who won and who lost with each of those aspects. And several of them count in his favor, along with several others. His score would even go up if he was born early in the morning, because of additional favorable lunar aspects. Given the fact that the new moon before election favors the party in power to win the popular vote (barring the new factor of Uranus sq. the Ascendant which maybe upset the applecart for the first time in 2016 and will repeat in 2020), it will be essential for the Democratic candidate to have a positive score that easily beats Trump, without any Saturn Return in his future in office. McAuliffe may be the only politician with all that in his favor. Now, if Seth Meyers runs.... Smile

Both Brown and McAuliffe have a Jupiter-Uranus sextile, which could make them popular heroes like Trump is to his fans. Sherrod has the advantage that he might carry the Rust Belt with him, especially if the folks there feel Trump hasn't delivered what he promised for them.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(02-01-2017, 10:00 PM)Marypoza Wrote:
(01-01-2017, 01:01 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: [Image: newmoonbeforeelection2020.gif]

Prospective chart for Terry McAuliffe (birth time unknown; 12 Noon is used)

[Image: terrymcauliffe.gif]

-- dunno that dude's got a bigass grand square sitting in the middle of his chart

Playing your #s l'm goin with my homeboy Sherrod Smile

Uh, which squares/triangle thingies?  The ones on the chart itself or the boxes with the sun,moon, etc? And what are those circles with the line going off to the right?
---Value Added Cool
Astrological lore and terminology Smile

Explained before, but here again: Squares and triangle-thingies represent aspects, the most important thing in astrology (now I bet you thought it was the signs). In a square, two planets or lights (sun and moon) are at right angles to each other, within 10 degrees of arc. In a triangle-thingie (known in astrology as trines), they are 120 degrees apart, within 10 degrees. I guess the circles with the line going off to the right are two connected circles; that stands for an opposition, when two planets are on opposite sides of the earth. The star symbol is a sextile, 60 degree angle between planets. And there are other less important aspects listed.

The ones in the chart marked with lines running between planets are all listed in the boxes, and a few other minor aspects are also listed there. The numbers represent how many degrees apart they are; smaller the number the closer and more powerful they are. A = applying (on the way to exact) and S = separating, leaving exactitude. r = retrograde, as in the famous Mercury retrograde (appearing to go backwards).

Red lines are the stressful aspects representing conflict. Politicians need some of those; the squares and oppositions. Blue lines are easy-going aspects trines and sextiles. Green ones are minor aspects.

Which ones are favorable and unfavorable for getting elected USA president are of course listed in my article:
http://philosopherswheel.com/presidentialelections.html

You're welcome Wink Tongue

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(02-02-2017, 01:26 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: Sherrod might be OK, but he doesn't speak as well. His voice is gravelly and not too enthusiastic. His score is barely superior to Trump by %, though his positive number is much higher. McAuliffe has a score clearly superior to Trump. I am quite impressed with his speaking and social abilities.

Traditional aspect indicators like "squares=bad and trines=good" do not work out in real life. Sometimes a candidate needs the feisty energy of a square or opposition to win. None of the squares in McAuliffe's grand square count against him, according to my figures on who won and who lost with each of those aspects. And several of them count in his favor, along with several others. His score would even go up if he was born early in the morning, because of additional favorable lunar aspects. Given the fact that the new moon before election favors the party in power to win the popular vote (barring the new factor of Uranus sq. the Ascendant which maybe upset the applecart for the first time in 2016 and will repeat in 2020), it will be essential for the Democratic candidate to have a positive score that easily beats Trump, without any Saturn Return in his future in office. McAuliffe may be the only politician with all that in his favor. Now, if Seth Meyers runs.... Smile

Both Brown and McAuliffe have a Jupiter-Uranus sextile, which could make them popular heroes like Trump is to his fans. Sherrod has the advantage that he might carry the Rust Belt with him, especially if the folks there feel Trump hasn't delivered what he promised for them.

-- l agree with you that squares & oppositions aren't neccessarily bad. They build backbone, creativity, resoucefulness, & character, among other things, in a person. A grand square otoh..... that can make for obstacles a little  bit too rough to overcome completely. After l posted last it occurred to me that where there's a grand square there s/b a grand cross. & sho nuf.... actually he has a couple of those. And you wanna put him up against the Donald, who has grand trines in  his chart? I think he has too many stress aspects in his chart. Gov may be as good as it gets for him. As for the Donald, grand trines (plural) can be too much of a good thing. It'll be interesting to see how he copes when shit hits the fan.. & it will.

As for 4*H, Uranus can be unpredictable. Popularity comes & goes. He gets no help from the Moon, which aspects neither of these planets, but is opposite Saturn

Post Sherrod's chart plz
Eric, have you seen this?

https://tonylouis.wordpress.com/2016/11/...irth-time/
Alright, Eric, thought experiment for you:  What if I ran for President, what's my score?
(02-02-2017, 02:05 PM)SomeGuy Wrote: Alright, Eric, thought experiment for you:  What if I ran for President, what's my score?

-- you'll have to send him your chart. That's what he bases it on
(02-02-2017, 02:07 PM)Marypoza Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 02:05 PM)SomeGuy Wrote: Alright, Eric, thought experiment for you:  What if I ran for President, what's my score?

-- you'll have to send him your chart. That's what he bases it on

He has my chart, he's already looked me up in that great PRISM of the sky.  Tongue
(02-02-2017, 01:17 PM)Marypoza Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 01:26 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: Sherrod might be OK, but he doesn't speak as well. His voice is gravelly and not too enthusiastic. His score is barely superior to Trump by %, though his positive number is much higher. McAuliffe has a score clearly superior to Trump. I am quite impressed with his speaking and social abilities.

-- l agree with you that squares & oppositions aren't neccessarily bad. They build backbone, creativity, resoucefulness, & character, among other things, in a person. A grand square otoh..... that can make for obstacles a little  bit too rough to overcome completely. After l posted last it occurred to me that where there's a grand square there s/b a grand cross. & sho nuf.... actually he has a couple of those. And you wanna put him up against the Donald, who has grand trines in  his chart? I think he has too many stress aspects in his chart. Gov may be as good as it gets for him. As for the Donald, grand trines (plural) can be too much of a good thing. It'll be interesting to see how he copes when shit hits the fan.. & it will.

As for 4*H, Uranus can be unpredictable. Popularity comes & goes. He gets no help from the Moon, which aspects neither of these planets, but is opposite h

Post Sherrod's chart plz

Actually, the grand square can be quite stabilizing for the energies within it, so I don't know about "too rough to overcome completely;" It is more likely that it makes it easier to "overcome" because of the power and integration it signifies. But we know that McAuliffe is associated with the Clintons and has some minor scandals in his history, but this does not appear to get in his way too much. If he were elected though, some sort of scandal might occur. This is not certain at all though; it also depends on what's happening in the skies and in relation to his chart.

Donald has no grand trines; his planets are too clustered and concentrated for that. He's mostly on the left side of his chart too; it's all about him and what he can initiate and lead; much less receptive to others. Drump has no grand trine; but he has powerful trines in his chart that can run away from him and be too much of a good thing, particularly Moon trine Mars-- aggressive emotionalism (and in fire signs makes it especially typical). McAuliffe's planets are so spread out that he would have a very broad perspective and open to people and their points of view. He can respond as well as lead.

But the aspects which make up Trump's negative candidate score of 4 points are not trines; they are a square between Venus and Jupiter and an opposition between Moon and Uranus. His 9 positive points come from different kinds of aspects; his Jupiter trine Uranus alone is worth 3 points. Sun sextile Mars, Mercury square Neptune, Moon sextile Jupiter, Venus conjunct Saturn make up the rest.

I don't know what you mean by 4*H. My chart scores go by which individual aspects actually appear in the charts of candidates who won and lost, with some judgement counseled by tradition thrown in. Whether there's a grand cross or a grand trine or not in a chart does not figure in, and there's no indication that this makes any difference. The bottom line is that among all potential candidates right now, Gov. McAuliffe has the best combination of aspects for winning the presidency. But, we have no idea now whether he is thinking of running, or whether there's any movement of support for him. Sherrod does have an advantage now in that he has been mentioned.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
[Image: astro_w2gw_01_sherrod_brown.69519.28013.gif?28746]

I have lost track for now of my source for copying charts, and the folks at astro.com/astrodienst have not cast Sherrod's chart yet, so this image might dissappear soon. This, like McAuliffe's chart, is for 12 Noon; the Ascendant is unknown and the Moon's aspects are tentative and inaccurate.
http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?&nhor...1486063119

I have scored it 19-8 pending more info on his birth time.

He has some great aspects, like a sextile of Jupiter and Uranus aligned with his Sun opposing Jupiter and trine Uranus. These are all worth points in my score. Venus makes powerful trines and sextiles to a Saturn-Neptune conjunction and to Pluto-Moon. He gets some positive points out of those too. Saturn conj. Neptune is notable for occurring in the charts of Lincoln, FDR and Kennedy. As such it can indicate both greatness and fatal destiny. If he's elected in 2020 that would be something to watch and be careful about. Others who had this conjunction include John Edwards, who is about the same age as Sherrod. A Moon-Mercury trine gives him the ability to use the media well.

He has some unfavorable aspects as well, amounting to 8 points in my current estimate. These can signify that he can have some rough times or get pretty rough himself: Mars sq. Saturn and Saturn sextile Pluto. Mars opposite Uranus can be reckless or radical, as in Howard Dean's case, but (as with McAuliffe's square as well) does not appear to have an unfavorable effect on candidates' chances overall. Jupiter square Pluto also adds a reckless element to his personality that is quite unfavorable, but the Moon square to Jupiter that comes along with it is very favorable. Moon square or opposite Jupiter makes a candidate's generosity and optimism quite active, accessible and easily expressed, as we saw in the case of Ronald Reagan among others.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(02-02-2017, 02:09 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 01:17 PM)Marypoza Wrote:

As for 4*H, Uranus can be unpredictable. Popularity comes & goes. He gets no help from the Moon, which aspects neither of these planets, but is opposite h

Post Sherrod's chart plz

Actually, the grand square can be quite stabilizing for the energies within it, so I don't know about "too rough to overcome completely;" It is more likely that it makes it easier to "overcome" because of the power and integration it signifies. But we know that McAuliffe is associated with the Clintons and has some minor scandals in his history, but this does not appear to get in his way too much. If he were elected though, some sort of scandal might occur. This is not certain at all though; it also depends on what's happening in the skies and in relation to his chart.

Donald has no grand trines; his planets are too clustered and concentrated for that. He's mostly on the left side of his chart too; it's all about him and what he can initiate and lead; much less receptive to others. Drump has no grand trine; but he has powerful trines in his chart that can run away from him and be too much of a good thing, particularly Moon trine Mars-- aggressive emotionalism. McAuliffe's planets are so spread out that he would have a very broad perspective and open to people and their points of view. He can respond as well as lead.

But the aspects which make up Trump's negative candidate score of 4 points are not trines; they are a square between Venus and Jupiter and an opposition between Moon and Uranus. His 9 positive points come from different kinds of aspects; his Jupiter trine Uranus alone is worth 3 points. Sun sextile Mars, Mercury square Neptune, Moon sextile Jupiter, Venus conjunct Saturn make up the rest.

I don't know what you mean by 4*H. My chart scores go by which individual aspects actually appear in the charts of candidates who won and lost, with some judgement counseled by tradition thrown in. Whether there's a grand cross or a grand trine or not in a chart does not figure in, and there's no indication that this makes any difference. The bottom line is that among all potential candidates right now, Gov. McAuliffe has the best combination of aspects for winning the presidency. But, we have no idea now whether he is thinking of running, or whether there's any movement of support for him. Sherrod does have an advantage now in that he has been mentioned.

-- 4*H-- didn't feel like writing out  Jupiter sextile Uranus. Or Saturn (h) but changed my mind & fixed that

The Donald has a 2 grand trines btween the Sun conjunct Jupiter, Uranus, & some kind of hook thing in Aquarius. I don't use that symbol so l don't know what it is. The lites & planets are all accounted for. An asteroid mebbe? If it is something not normally used in casting a chart then yeah, l'll agree with you- the Donald has no grand trines. He does have the Sun conjunct Jupiter in Gemini: unpredictable, explosive, mebbe a tad, uh, touched......

I don't know; I'd need your time and place of birth as well as your date.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(02-02-2017, 02:34 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

March 19th, 1986, about 3 in the morning.  Fairfax County Hospital, just outside of DC.
(02-02-2017, 02:31 PM)Marypoza Wrote: -- 4*H-- didn't feel like writing out  Jupiter sextile Uranus. Or Saturn (h) but changed my mind & fixed that

The Donald has a 2 grand trines btween the Sun conjunct Jupiter, Uranus, & some kind of hook thing in Aquarius. I don't use that symbol so l don't know what it is. The lites & planets are all accounted for. An asteroid mebbe? If it is something not normally used in casting a chart then yeah, l'll agree with you- the Donald has no grand trines. He does have the Sun conjunct Jupiter in Gemini: unpredictable, explosive, mebbe a tad, uh, touched......

Donald's chart is posted several times in above posts. Refer to that. You have the wrong data. The Donald has Sun conj. Uranus, and Sun trine Jupiter. I used to give those two aspects a positive score, but research indicates they don't deserve the points, so he lost them. But the Sun and Moon both aligned with his Jupiter-Uranus trine does endow it with greater significance, as it did for Dubya and Bill as well. I don't actually give him any more points for that though. Jupiter-trine (or sextile) Uranus is, you remember, the aspect of "the popular hero." FDR is among the other presidents who had it in his chart.

I do not use hook things or other asteroids or fixed stars; I consider them less significant, and the problem with using them from a "science" standpoint is that if you add too many factors, you can account for anything. I only use the 10 planets and lights including Pluto and the aspects between them for my scoring system; I also sometimes refer to the Moon nodes for further insight, and maybe Ceres and Chiron, rarely. The Ascendant is of course very significant, especially which planets might be rising; but that depends on knowing the birth time.

OK, the hook thingie in Aquarius is Ceres; it might have some significance, but I don't see it operating in The Donald, except in a negative way, as it refers to productive feminine energies.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(02-02-2017, 02:36 PM)SomeGuy Wrote:

March 19th, 1986, about 3 in the morning.  Fairfax County Hospital, just outside of DC.

Your score is 9 - 9. Better than mine, but quite mediocre. But, you might be able to give Newt Gingrich or Al Franken a run for their money. They have the same score as you.

No mas, por favor. No Mas! No need to do this for others, please.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(02-02-2017, 02:19 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: I have lost track for now of my source for copying charts, so this image will dissappear soon. This, like McAuliffe's chart, is for 12 Noon; the Ascendant is unknown and the Moon's aspects are tentative and inaccurate.
http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?&nhor...1486063119

I have scored it 19-8 pending more info on his birth time.

He has some great aspects, like a sextile of Jupiter and Uranus aligned with his Sun opposing Jupiter and trine Uranus. These are all worth points in my score. Venus makes powerful trines and sextiles to a Saturn-Neptune conjunction and to Pluto-Moon. He gets some positive points out of those too. Saturn conj. Neptune is notable for occurring in the charts of Lincoln, FDR and Kennedy. As such it can indicate both greatness and fatal destiny. If he's elected in 2020 that would be something to watch and be careful about. Others who had this conjunction include John Edwards, who is about the same age as Sherrod. A Moon-Mercury trine gives him the ability to use the media well.

He has some unfavorable aspects as well, amounting to 8 points in my current estimate. These can signify that he can have some rough times or get pretty rough himself: Mars sq. Saturn and Saturn sextile Pluto. Mars opposite Uranus can be reckless or radical, as in Howard Dean's case, but (as with McAuliffe's square as well) does not appear to have an unfavorable effect on candidates' chances overall. Jupiter square Pluto also adds a reckless element to his personality that is quite unfavorable, but the Moon square to Jupiter that comes along with it is very favorable. Moon square or opposite Jupiter makes a candidate's generosity and optimism quite active, accessible and easily expressed, as we saw in the case of Ronald Reagan among others.

-- yeah his Moon conjunct Pluto & Saturn conjunct Uranus stabilizes the upredictability of the Jupiter/Uranus sextile. At any rate we are happy with him as Sen. His Sun is conjunct the MC, which can indicate bigger & better things careerwise as well.

So far he doesn't appear to be positioning himself for a 2020 run like Tulsi & Liz are. But we still have a couple yrs to go so we'll see
(02-02-2017, 02:51 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

Your score is 9 - 9. Better than mine, but quite mediocre. But, you might be able to give Newt Gingrich or Al Franken a run for their money. They have the same score as you.

Woo, in your face, Newt Franken!  Tongue
(02-02-2017, 02:58 PM)SomeGuy Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 02:51 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

Woo, in your face, Newt Franken!  Tongue

Out curiosity, where are my negatives coming from?  I mean, since you've already done the work.  Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You are the stars Eric the Green 38 58,199 03-15-2022, 11:36 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  Astrology and science Eric the Green 6 3,144 01-03-2022, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Generations and Astrology carecare7 26 21,679 06-18-2019, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Ragnarök_62
  Vedic Astrology - Eight directions and their ruler tamijothidam 3 7,311 05-15-2017, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Ragnarök_62
  Astrology and Music naf140230 2 4,280 12-28-2016, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green