Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability
(01-27-2021, 01:27 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 04:32 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 03:03 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 12:35 PM)mamabug Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 06:33 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: That is far better than what we just had, someone who saw Big Government as one huge patronage scheme to enrich people like him and to enforce the will of such people. 

Ummm.... from where I sit, that looks exactly like the Biden presidency too.  Except, 'people like him' basically means establishment politicians and the sectors of the economy that have bought them.

So, from a libertarian perspective, politics as usual.  Isn't it great things are back to normal  Rolleyes

More seriously, though, from the EOs passed (over 30) and the bills on the agenda, it does feel as if Biden's role is to rubber stamp the wish list of the various parts of the DNC coalition.  It goes beyond just reversing what Trump had done and into sweeping changes that will affect the country for decades to come.  His approval rating now is mostly because he isn't Trump, not sure how long it will last once people realize there is more going on than that.  OTOH, the media is completely covering for him with such hard-hitting questions as 'will he redecorate Air Force One' and sighs of how wonderful it is that his tweets are 'boring.'

Too early to tell what any of this means in a 4T perspective except that it is clear the DNC is acting in full Crisis Mindset (us v. them, our agenda uber alles) while a good half of the GOP still thinks if they cave enough we can get back to a 3T give-and-take.  Bodes well for those who welcome the coming Utopia ™, I guess.

For now, he get's a bye-me, because he's not Trump and because it's typical for new Presidents to get a honeymoon.  Biden seems to know that he needs to get real things done quickly, so relief checks are a must-do, and an easy sanity check on the GOP willingness to go along (unlikely as that is).  And yes, the libertarians will not be happy. Assume more regulation, and god knows it's needed.  Raising taxes and similar things that the centrist Dems don't want will be much further down the road.

I wouldn't be surprised if his approval rating remains fixed. The Democratic side seems to be very self absorbed and high on itself as usual and uninterested in the advancement of any other groups than themselves which is why a major threat of some sort will be needed/used to pop their bubble and bring them back down to earth.

Good reason existed for Trump support going as low as it did several times, and if it spiked just before the election (but not enough to get him re-elected) he destroyed what could have been whatever legacy he had as President. Most of us are going to remember the worst, and undoing that worst will be a huge achievement. 

President Biden treats COVID-19 with the seriousness of a military threat as if it were the Axis Powers. It may be generally awkward to have as President someone whose oldest members are turning 96 if still alive... yes, Paul Newman and Johnny Carson would both be turning 96 this year if still alive. Biden has good people around him, and good staffing is an essential part of solid leadership. Good staffing precludes surrounding oneself with yes-men. Getting America inoculated will put an end to the 2020 Plague.  Much more about Donald Trump is objectionable.
PB, we have a vaccine right now vs two years from now because Trump made it the number one priority several months ago. OK. You're an extreme partisan hack who doesn't realize that Trump is no longer in office and no longer matters as far as what happens now or in the immediate future at this point. All that matters now are the results/impacts caused by the new administration that you and others felt compelled to elect as a last ditch effort to more or less save yourselves. You can lie to yourself, you can lie to fellow Democratic supporters, you can make up shit and pat each other on the back and compliment one another as America is being impacted left and right by every stupid thing that a careless and senseless group of people identified as Democrats do and cause over the next year or two and deal/cope with all the consequences and negative impacts of being associated with making big mistakes at the wrong time in history.

It's going to takes years to put an end to the 2020 plague with leaky borders and illegal immigrant friendly/ anti ICE, anti-American minded people in power. You're not thinking, you're still reacting and over reacting to the years of self induced trauma that you and every other Reactionary type here are guilty of causing, advancing and played a role in creating by politicizing crisis's and blowing them out of proportion while not listening or considering the negative impacts. Are you a cream puff or an insensitive fiend whose job is to scare cream puffs? You could be either but I'm thinking your more of a fiend than a cream puff at this point. Not good dude. I have a license to do whatever with a fiend like millions of other Americans. I've noticed that you have an insensitive/careless side like others here. I have one too along with 70 some million other Americans whose mind is already made up as far the direction of their part of the country goes vs the direction the Democrats are trying to force them to go right now. Ain't going to work but they're trying anyways. I mean, you can try anything during a moment of ultimate freedom and protection like the Democrats have created for themselves and their believers right now. You take advantage of a weakness/ use corporations to do what the American government doesn't have the right to do and catch America off guard, you create a moment of ultimate freedom and protection that we're seeing right now. Does Biden even know what he's doing right now? I understand that the Democrats have a lot to feel guilty about since the bulk of them are deplorable themselves who made fortunes while blaming other people (mainly white people) and supporting policies that turned a bunch of places into shit holes and established a permanent under class and welfare state. Like I said, it's going to going to get really ugly for the Democrats and everyone associated with the Democrats as America begins turning against the Democrats and waging war with the Democrats across the entire country. What will the world think? Who gives a shit what the world thinks other than the Democrats these days?

What's Biden's real number one issue? It's not COVID, COVID was just a means to get elected like the 08' crash was just a means for Obama to get elected. How long are Biden/Harris going to be allowed to remain/be able to remain in power while the nation is dividing? Is Biden functioning as an American leader or a global dictator right now? Who wanted a global dictator? Dude, you are on the wrong side and the separation and clear distinction has already been made and your fate has already been sealed. War with America is coming dude and you played a role in starting it. So, I suggest that you find a back pack and a tent and move to a Democratic sanctuary state before America boots your dumb ass.
(01-27-2021, 03:05 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: PB, we have a vaccine right now vs two years from now because Trump made it the number one priority several months ago..  

Ignoring the rest of your rant, and looking at this alone.  The first vaccine approved, and the one most utilized to date, was developed by Pfizer and Bio-Gen at their own expense.  Trump had no input into it on any level.  All the rest were subsidized by the US or other state actors throughout the world. It's the one single effort by Trump that actually did real good, but let's note the others too.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(01-26-2021, 01:06 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: Not too early at all unless you are in denial.  A lot of red folk seem to be.  They are projecting Biden as weak and the administration as doing nothing.  I am expecting and seeing the crisis focus and drive.

Too early because we won't know until the midterms if a new super-majority consensus about the Brave New World to come is forming, if the typical pendulum of American politics is back in play, or if everything is imploding in an actual insurrection instead of the LARP one people are insisting on treating as such.   I will admit that the signs of the last one happening are starting to ebb, but they haven't fully subsided yet.  I think if the 'domestic terrorism' bill passes along with some other actions being floated (both by the state and by private companies/individualists) then it could be back on the table.

And I'm Gen X - my generational role is to be in denial and be dragged kicking and screaming into whatever unholy utopian nirvana the Prophets and Civics construct.
(01-27-2021, 11:50 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 03:03 PM)David Horn Wrote: For now, he get's a bye-me, because he's not Trump and because it's typical for new Presidents to get a honeymoon.  Biden seems to know that he needs to get real things done quickly, so relief checks are a must-do, and an easy sanity check on the GOP willingness to go along (unlikely as that is).  And yes, the libertarians will not be happy. Assume more regulation, and god knows it's needed.  Raising taxes and similar things that the centrist Dems don't want will be much further down the road.

I wouldn't be surprised if his approval rating remains fixed. The Democratic side seems to be very self absorbed and high on itself as usual and uninterested in the advancement of any other groups than themselves which is why a major threat of some sort will be needed/used to pop their bubble and bring them back down to earth.

After 4 years of Trump and only Trump, there's no reason to look outside the long list of must-dos Biden already has
What do you expect, the Left (you) has spent the last four years freaking out over Trump, trying to remove Trump, impeaching Trump, stopping Trump, undermining Trump, blaming Trump and so forth.
(01-27-2021, 03:58 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(01-27-2021, 03:05 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: PB, we have a vaccine right now vs two years from now because Trump made it the number one priority several months ago..  

Ignoring the rest of your rant, and looking at this alone.  The first vaccine approved, and the one most utilized to date, was developed by Pfizer and Bio-Gen at their own expense.  Trump had no input into it on any level.  All the rest were subsidized by the US or other state actors throughout the world. It's the one single effort by Trump that actually did real good, but let's note the others too.
Are you sure that Trump had no input in the development of the vaccine at any level? Who initiated Operation Warp Speed? You must have a problem with short term memory or maybe you were busy attacking him that you didn't know that there was one being developed at the time? I'm sure that Pfizer's and Bio-Gen's expenses were reimbursed with stipends associated with being one of first to develop a vaccine as well as any future profits associated with the sales of the vaccine.
(01-27-2021, 05:50 PM)mamabug Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 01:06 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: Not too early at all unless you are in denial.  A lot of red folk seem to be.  They are projecting Biden as weak and the administration as doing nothing.  I am expecting and seeing the crisis focus and drive.

Too early because we won't know until the midterms if a new super-majority consensus about the Brave New World to come is forming, if the typical pendulum of American politics is back in play, or if everything is imploding in an actual insurrection instead of the LARP one people are insisting on treating as such.   I will admit that the signs of the last one happening are starting to ebb, but they haven't fully subsided yet.  I think if the 'domestic terrorism' bill passes along with some other actions being floated (both by the state and by private companies/individualists) then it could be back on the table.

And I'm Gen X - my generational role is to be in denial and be dragged kicking and screaming into whatever unholy utopian nirvana the Prophets and Civics construct.
Isn't our role to bring them down to reality and reveal their true nature to the Civics?
(01-27-2021, 07:10 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-27-2021, 11:50 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 03:03 PM)David Horn Wrote: For now, he get's a bye-me, because he's not Trump and because it's typical for new Presidents to get a honeymoon.  Biden seems to know that he needs to get real things done quickly, so relief checks are a must-do, and an easy sanity check on the GOP willingness to go along (unlikely as that is).  And yes, the libertarians will not be happy. Assume more regulation, and god knows it's needed.  Raising taxes and similar things that the centrist Dems don't want will be much further down the road.

After 4 years of Trump and only Trump, there's no reason to look outside the long list of must-dos Biden already has
What do you expect, the Left (you) has spent the last four years freaking out over Trump, trying to remove Trump, impeaching Trump, stopping Trump, undermining Trump, blaming Trump and so forth.

So much damage, Trump and the Republicans have done. Trump did so many things wrong and illegal, so often, that he should have been impeached and removed on day One, and every day he was in office. What a disgraceful thug he is, and so is anyone who supports him.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(01-27-2021, 04:36 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: Polling on multiple issues:

[Image: wat_01252021.jpg]

I'm not saying that this will stick. President Biden has far more room with which to take necessary risks, but I would rather start with all approval ratings on all these issues  at or above 57% than with most well below 50%. Not every move will be popular.

That looks good. And it shows how central xenophobia is for the idiots who oppose our new president and supported our fake one.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(01-26-2021, 06:33 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: That is far better than what we just had, someone who saw Big Government as one huge patronage scheme to enrich people like him and to enforce the will of such people. 

Ummm.... from where I sit, that looks exactly like the Biden presidency too.  Except, 'people like him' basically means establishment politicians and the sectors of the economy that have bought them.

So, from a libertarian perspective, politics as usual.  Isn't it great things are back to normal  Rolleyes

More seriously, though, from the EOs passed (over 30) and the bills on the agenda, it does feel as if Biden's role is to rubber stamp the wish list of the various parts of the DNC coalition.  It goes beyond just reversing what Trump had done and into sweeping changes that will affect the country for decades to come.  His approval rating now is mostly because he isn't Trump, not sure how long it will last once people realize there is more going on than that.  OTOH, the media is completely covering for him with such hard-hitting questions as 'will he redecorate Air Force One' and sighs of how wonderful it is that his tweets are 'boring.'

Too early to tell what any of this means in a 4T perspective except that it is clear the DNC is acting in full Crisis Mindset (us v. them, our agenda uber alles) while a good half of the GOP still thinks if they cave enough we can get back to a 3T give-and-take.  Bodes well for those who welcome the coming Utopia ™, I guess.

What you call the DNC agenda, is just the agenda of any concerned, thoughtful and informed citizen. This is not politics as usual; it is departure from the usual stagnation and regression under libertarian economics for the past 40 ridiculous years.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(01-26-2021, 03:58 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 03:06 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: My only questions of Biden running for a second term are, as I assume a competent Presidency on his part, are of his health. Anyone 80 years old is living on luck even if he had good habits going into old age. I am reasonably certain that he has already contemplated this.  A try for a second term may be stopped by his perception of health.

He may see himself as a transition to something very different from what we now have... but not the person who will be around when that transformation goes beyond the initial stage. An America tied to the last completed Skowronek cycle in which nothing matters except elite power, indulgence, and gain will seek to bring America back to such. Reactionaries with the means have always done that, and American reactionaries with such means will be no different from those of other times and places.
Dude, he's a place marker for Kamala Harris and that's it. Once she's in power, the country will most likely begin parting ways because the government will have no integrity left at that point. You're completely blind/clueless dude. You are on the Reactionary side dude. I don't know what it's going to take to sink it into your head at this point. I guess you'll just have to accept it after the nation splits with the Democrats.

Kamala Harris has a 3-17 horoscope score. No-one with a score anywhere near that low has even ever inherited the presidency. She won't be president.

The pattern:

1920: Warren G Harding 13-9*, James Cox 10-8
1924: Calvin Coolidge 9-12, John W. Davis 9-16, Robert LaFollette 7-13
1928: Herbert Hoover 11-14, Al Smith 6-15*
1932: Franklin D Roosevelt (FDR) 21-5 U, Herbert Hoover 11-14*
1936: Franklin D Roosevelt 21-5 U, Alf Landon 11-15
1940: Franklin D Roosevelt 21-5 U*, Wendell Wilkie 10-10
1944: Franklin D Roosevelt 21-5 U, Thomas Dewey 9-7 SN
1948: Harry Truman 15-0, Thomas Dewey 9-7 SN
1952: Dwight Eisenhower (Ike) 17-10, Adlai Stevenson 5-19
1956: Dwight Eisenhower 17-10, Adlai Stevenson 5-19*
1960: John F Kennedy (JFK) 13-4, Richard Nixon 19-6
1964: Lyndon B Johnson (LBJ) 9-6 J/M*, Barry Goldwater 21-10 M** 
1968: Richard Nixon 19-6*, Hubert Humphrey 12-5**, George Wallace 3-5 J/M
1972: Richard Nixon 19-6, George McGovern 9-11
1976: Jimmy Carter 13-5, Gerald Ford 13-7
1980: Ronald Reagan 23-3, M?, Jimmy Carter 13-5*, John Anderson 11-8 J*
1984: Ronald Reagan 23-3, M?, Walter Mondale 12-12 J/U*
1988: George H W Bush 15-5, Michael Dukakis 2-12*
1992: Bill Clinton 25-2 J/M, George H W Bush 15-5, Ross Perot 7-12
1996: Bill Clinton 25-2 J/M, Bob Dole 12-18, Ross Perot 7-12
2000: George W Bush 19-2*, Al Gore 11-10 M
2004: George W Bush 19-2, John Kerry 7-16
2008: Barack Obama 18-3, John McCain 13-12
2012: Barack Obama 18-3, Mitt Romney 4-10 U, SN
2016: Donald Trump 9-4 M, Hillary Rodham Clinton 7-12 J
2020: Joe Biden 16-6, Donald Trump 9-4 M (predicted as of Oct.15, 2020)

J = Jupiter rising, on the eastern horizon or in the first house, greatly helps a candidate's chances.
U = The visionary charisma of Uranus rising helps a candidate.
M = Mars rising indicates a candidate who might be belligerent, aggressive, temperamental, impulsive and/or compellingly energetic
* If Saturn returns to a candidate's natal position in the 4th year of the term they seek, candidates can sometimes win or be re-elected, but they face disaster as president. If Saturn returns only during the 3 years after the election, they lose it. 
**As a rule, if both candidates are due for a return, the one whose return is earliest will lose the election.
SN-- Saturn at the Nadir in natal horoscope, a negative factor to get elected.
http://philosopherswheel.com/presidentia...ScoredWhat

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(01-27-2021, 09:45 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

I'm not saying that this will stick. President Biden has far more room with which to take necessary risks, but I would rather start with all approval ratings on all these issues  at or above 57% than with most well below 50%. Not every move will be popular.

That looks good. And it shows how central xenophobia is for the idiots who oppose our new president and supported our fake one.
Yep. It looks good as far as the Democratic leaning population goes these days.
(01-27-2021, 09:54 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:

People like you get to become the geezers before we Boomers get the chance. Maybe I still have a chance at a satisfying role in life! Happiness isn't so much getting what one wants as it is liking what one gets. Social justice or a place? I'll take social justice, thank you. Exacting revenge or moving along to something better? I'll move on, I hope, to something better.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(01-27-2021, 09:48 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

What you call the DNC agenda, is just the agenda of any concerned, thoughtful and informed citizen. This is not politics as usual; it is departure from the usual stagnation and regression under libertarian economics for the past 40 ridiculous years.
It's a conglomeration of big government related interests who have a vested stake in the action. It's a more condensed/consolidated and assertive version of politics as usual but it's still politics as usual. 

As I've mentioned before, I have no stake in the GOP or the DNC and the destruction of both at one time wouldn't bother me one bit. You should be listening to those of us who represent the libertarian perspective. The libertarian perspective is relatively neutral from a political prospective. As I've mentioned before, every one of your freedoms, your rights and Constitutional protections are directly related to us one way or another and burning a bridge with us would result in your demise because killing people like you would become a free for all. You and Biden are playing with fire while relying on/representing old laurels that have already been abandoned and no longer exist.
(01-27-2021, 11:14 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:

It's a conglomeration of big government related interests who have a vested  stake in the action. It's a more condensed/consolidated and assertive version of politics as usual but it's still politics as usual. 

As I've mentioned before, I have no stake in the GOP or the DNC and the destruction of both at one time wouldn't bother me one bit. You should be listening to those of us who represent the libertarian perspective. The libertarian perspective is relatively neutral from a political prospective. As I've mentioned before, every one of your freedoms, your rights and Constitutional protections are directly related to us one way or another and burning a bridge with us would result in your demise because killing people like you would become a free for all. You and Biden are playing with fire while relying on/representing old laurels that have already been abandoned and no longer exist.
You guys violently revolt against the agenda of the people, whom Biden represents, and you will be crushed. I have had enough of the so-called libertarian perspective after 40 years of its maleffects on all of us. All you care about is your stupid guns.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(01-27-2021, 10:02 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:

People like you get to become the geezers before we Boomers get the chance. Maybe I still have a chance at a satisfying role in life! Happiness isn't so much getting what one wants as it is liking what one gets. Social justice or a place? I'll take social justice, thank you. Exacting revenge or moving along to something better? I'll move on, I hope, to something better.
Remember, social justice is a double edged sword that cuts both ways. Social justice has its natural limitations like every thing else. Happiness coincides with the appreciation of what one has earned, produced and/or accomplished during their lives.
(01-27-2021, 11:36 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

It's a conglomeration of big government related interests who have a vested  stake in the action. It's a more condensed/consolidated and assertive version of politics as usual but it's still politics as usual. 

You guys violently revolt against the agenda of the people, whom Biden represents, and you will be crushed. I have had enough of the so-called libertarian perspective after 40 years of its maleffects on all of us.    
Well, you chose the path that leads to conflict and fate has been placed in your hands. So, all I have to say to you is when the gloves come off and protections are removed, there's nothing to stop us from crushing you and eliminating the Woke. The Democratic party is the party that's been positioned to start a conflict with America. Fate has been placed in your hands and you reap what you sow apples. Welcome to the 4T.
(01-28-2021, 02:30 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-27-2021, 11:36 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 12:35 PM)mamabug Wrote: Ummm.... from where I sit, that looks exactly like the Biden presidency too.  Except, 'people like him' basically means establishment politicians and the sectors of the economy that have bought them.

You guys violently revolt against the agenda of the people, whom Biden represents, and you will be crushed. I have had enough of the so-called libertarian perspective after 40 years of its maleffects on all of us.    
Well, you chose the path that leads to conflict and fate has been placed  in your hands. So, all I have to say to you is when the gloves come off and protections are removed, there's nothing to stop us from crushing you and eliminating the Woke.  The Democratic party is the party that's been positioned to start a conflict with America. Fate has been placed  in your hands and you reap what you sow apples. Welcome to the 4T.

You forget, I am the master of fate. I am the one who knows the future. You and your gang do not appear in my crystal ball. It is in my hands, yes. And you have disappeared into the mists of yesterday.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(01-27-2021, 11:52 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-27-2021, 10:02 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:

Remember, social justice is a double edged sword that cuts both ways. Social justice has its natural limitations like every thing else. Happiness coincides with the appreciation of what one has earned, produced and/or accomplished during their lives.

Sorry, there is no such equivalence, and justice in our society does not exist. If it did, you would not exist. But you do. And you do not make me happy.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Poll............................Date..................Sample........Approve.....Disapprove.....Spread
RCP Average..............1/20 - 1/26.........--................54.8..........36.8..............+18.0
Economist/YouGov......1/24 - 1/26........1245 RV......52.............36.................+16
Rasmussen Reports.....1/24 - 1/26........1500 LV......48.............48..................Tie
Monmouth..................1/21 - 1/24........736 RV........54.............31.................+23
The Hill/HarrisX...........1/21 - 1/22........941 RV........63.............37.................+26
Reuters/Ipsos..............1/20 - 1/21........950 RV........57............32..................+25

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls...-7320.html

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
on Executive Orders:

[Image: 4zYaCMO_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&...y=veryhigh]
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2022 midterm polls Eric the Green 108 12,439 11-24-2022, 11:14 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Is President Biden too old and dated, or is he the gray champion Eric the Green 47 5,714 09-20-2022, 07:35 PM
  Dow Falls as Biden Reportedly Mulls Tax Hike on Rich chairb 7 2,053 10-25-2021, 03:47 PM
  Biden Administration Bans Importation Of Russian Ammunition chairb 0 665 10-21-2021, 03:25 AM
Last Post: chairb
  Biden’s overreach on executive edicts chairb 0 621 10-21-2021, 01:31 AM
  Rep. Bob Gibbs introduces articles of impeachment against Biden chairb 0 608 10-20-2021, 09:31 PM
  Biden follows through on pledge to take in more refugees chairb 0 597 10-19-2021, 11:25 PM
  Progressives worry about lobbying, corporate ties in Biden administration chairb 0 596 10-19-2021, 05:22 PM
  Yes, Biden Wants to End Fracking chairb 0 640 10-19-2021, 01:25 AM
  Top brass expose Biden’s biggest Afghanistan lies chairb 0 621 10-19-2021, 12:08 AM