Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Donald Trump: polls of approval and favorability
(02-09-2021, 02:19 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 01:15 AM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(02-08-2021, 11:39 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(02-05-2021, 07:05 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: The Republican Party has gone from being a mainstream Party with a fascist fringe to being a fascistic Party with a mainstream relic. Nixon miscalculated about the desirability of the white Southern racists in his Party. In 1980, 1984, and 1988 that was good for landslide wins of the Presidency and big gains in the Senate as Dixiecrats joined the Party of Lincoln while holding their nose about Lincoln.

The only party that I see ignoring the ignoring/trashing the Constitution, representing/defending foreign interests and doing whatever it can to undermine the rule of law is the Democratic party these days. You have Liz Cheney and that's it. Once she's out of the way. there will be no rules to save idiots like you from us. (rambling screed excised)

So what was the Party whose supporters stormed the Capitol Building so that they could nullify a Presidential election? That is how many dictatorships come into being. You saw the Trump banners and the Confederate flags, didn't you?

So, what was the Party whose supporters burned down portions of several cities, destroyed private property and participated in all kinds of violence including the murder of Trump supporters and police officers  for several months before a group of angry people stormed the US Capital and got you're panties all up in a bunch? (further insults excised -- and you will be reported for that) 

First of all, I never wear panties. I am the wrong gender for that.

Second, the people who did the looting and other illegal acts at the time of Black Lives Matters rallies were not participants. Some of the people caught were white people associated with far-right causes attempting to provoke violence and destruction. I do not care about the ethnicity of assaulters, vandals, and looters at a political demonstration: they then become criminals. Black Lives Matters is about reducing the violence within police work against black people, and it is not a call for lax law enforcement. Consider that much of the video evidence of criminal deeds comes from people who came with video devices to record any police brutality and instead turned their video upon criminal deeds and then turned the video over to police and prosecutors. Ask most Black Lives Matters supporters what they would do if they say a crime in progress, and... they would call the police. 

We all know that if one pulls a gun on a cop one might as well expect to die. It's better that way.

Third, the politically-connected violence now seems largely to be that of the Right, whether by neo-Nazis and wannabe Confederates who mow down synagogues, a Jewish community center, or a historically African-American church -- or by the politicized rioters who stormed the Capitol Building. Get your facts straight, because if you don't you might be gulled into doing something unconscionable.

Not that I like such stuff, I did not see any Soviet or Khmer Rouge flags in the Capitol building. There were no "Che" shirts". There were Trump banners -- did you ever see Obama banners in the Capitol building in the time? Some people brought in Confederate flags, which would have been quite unwelcome at one time. I saw references to "Qu Qlux Qlanon" on some attire. 

This attack on the US Capitol resembles the Bolsheviks storming the Winter Palace in 1917 or Nazis staging their Beer Hall Putsch in 1923 more than anything else in American history. That is not how to do democracy. These people committed multiple crimes, from breaking the windows of the Capitol, attacking the Capitol police (two of whom died), breaking into offices of Senators or Representatives, risking the exposure of classified information, and stealing federal property as souvenirs. The objective was to disrupt a lawful transition of power. So they believed the President who could not accept the validity of official results just because he disliked those? Donald Trump can roast in Hell for that.

When law enforcement does its job well, I have no complaints. I hate crime and violence, whether by some street thug or by a despot who abuses pariahs and dissidents. Trump was beginning to show signs of becoming a dictator or despot. The rule of law is back in fashion! 

The 2020 Presidential election was one of the cleanest in America, and so far as human agency went, it was the cleanest. What was dirty? COVID-19, which made in-person voting on Election Day too dangerous for many. I've seen the analyses and even made my own. All explain why Trump lost. As it turns out, the vote of college-educated white people hemorrhaged severely from 2016 to 2020 even though the election wasn't as bad as one might have expected for other Republicans. It was Trump personally, largely for his lack of personal integrity.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Donald Trump: polls of approval and favorability - by pbrower2a - 02-09-2021, 11:04 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2022 midterm polls Eric the Green 108 16,105 11-24-2022, 11:14 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability pbrower2a 348 100,343 03-11-2022, 11:08 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  Biden's approval rating hits new low in latest Quinnipiac poll chairb 0 687 10-18-2021, 11:05 PM
Last Post: chairb
  Trump hits new low in approval poll nebraska 108 28,823 03-02-2021, 05:07 AM
Last Post: newvoter
  Approval Ratings Meaningless jleagans 2 1,300 02-04-2021, 12:48 PM
Last Post: jleagans
  BBC Video... Donald Trump and the MAFIA pbrower2a 2 1,957 05-29-2020, 03:47 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Congress Approval Rating Hits Lowest Point of Trump Era 1948 0 1,733 01-31-2018, 12:05 AM
Last Post: 1948
  Polling suggests people are losing trust in Trump as his approval ratings decline nebraska 0 1,446 01-20-2018, 03:21 AM
Last Post: nebraska
  Trump’s Approval Rating is Tanking to New Lows as His Base Falls Apart nebraska 0 1,292 12-31-2017, 09:06 PM
  More than 200 new laws win Pence approval nebraska 0 1,290 12-28-2017, 09:17 PM