Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump's people have founded their Party:
(09-18-2021, 08:22 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: Today's demonstration turned into a dud.  It looks like the security outnumbered the protestors.

That fits. President Biden takes law and order seriously. He doesn't interfere with the police or with the courts. 

.... Much chatter preceded the Capitol Putsch, and much less of it preceded today's fizzle. The large number of arrests relating to the Capitol Putsch may have given cold feet to many who believe much the same as the January Putschists. People are facing long prison terms for some deeds. ADX Florence might have some more guests after some of the convictions for some of the most egregious offenses. Spouses and children may have been telling imaginable participants to stay clear of Washington DC.

The message on parts of the Right was that that the demonstration would be a honey trap.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(09-18-2021, 11:25 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(09-18-2021, 04:35 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(09-18-2021, 12:42 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(09-18-2021, 10:15 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: Let's remember that the bungling of COVID-19 under Trump has already been as costly at least in lives as a war... and ventilator use isn't cheap.  Trump's followers are going to cost us a pretty penny for the Michigan plot and the Capitol Putsch.

Once again, where's the sign of rational thought? You seem to be grasping and flailing at the moment. What's up, are you feeling desperate or something?

More American deaths than any war in American history except for the American Civil War.

Do you know what the cost of a day's use of a ventilator is?

The Trump followers in the Michigan Plot and the January 6 Putsch are going to cost big money in prosecution, and if convicted, the cost of incarceration.

You know the thousands of people entering the country each day  with only the clothes on their backs and  the millions that we've been supporting ( yourself included) for years and the thousands of refuges who have been entering for many years are/will be  costing us a lot more than those on ventilators and the cost of less than a thousand people being charged for the ruckus that occurred on Jan 6 and the plot to kidnap you're precious blue governor. Did you know the FBI was directly involved with the plot to kidnap your precious blue governor and the plot  was actually an FBI sting? I thought that was pretty interesting myself.

Between disability, social security, Medicare, and SNAP I get much less than it would cost to house me in a prison or a nursing home. It's best that I not try to get industrial work because I am clumsy enough and have reflexes so slow that I would be an industrial accident waiting to happen. I can say proudly that I am low-maintenance. 

I would be delighted to work from a distance. I have problems dealing with people because my facial expressions do not match my words. I come off as a liar when I am telling the truth. I still have some mobility. 

I do not know what the cost is of putting someone in a federal Supermax... it ain't cheap, but when the Government really wants to punish someone like a spy or terrorist, the Government will spend huge amounts of money to make that person wish he had committed suicide.... or not having committed the crime.

Someone finked on the Michigan plot, and the FBI went to great lengths to thwart it... and do an investigation. If you say incriminating things to an FBI agent, then you are in deep trouble. The FBI turned the plot into a sting operation, which is really-good police work. I remember seeing some newscasts from the time, and they said that neighbors heard plenty of noisy activity, including people testing out their "toys". Guns, that is. I'd report gunfire to the police unless it were obviously related to sport hunting.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New York Governor Kathy Hochul Wants People To Believe In Their Government Again galaxy 22 5,683 10-03-2021, 11:51 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  County Libertarian Party organizes trash pickup HealthyDebate 2 1,100 03-12-2021, 04:06 AM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  Gov. Gavin Newsom Says People Now Required To Wear Masks In Public holly 16 3,791 02-03-2021, 10:35 PM
Last Post: random3
  The Birthday Party Isoko 1 1,052 07-08-2020, 04:37 PM
Last Post: David Horn
  Governments turn tables by suing people who request public records nebraska 0 1,154 01-29-2018, 07:43 AM
Last Post: nebraska
  Polling suggests people are losing trust in Trump as his approval ratings decline nebraska 0 1,393 01-20-2018, 03:21 AM
  Libertarians party seeks to earn slots on Stamford ballots nebraska 0 1,241 01-19-2018, 01:26 PM
  Washington’s War Against The People nebraska 0 1,195 01-15-2018, 08:08 AM
  2 Chicago cop-legislators changed law to benefit 2 people: themselves nebraska 0 1,174 01-11-2018, 07:34 AM
  New government secrecy tactic: Suing people who seek public records nebraska 0 944 01-04-2018, 12:51 AM