Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plato, Aristotle, and the double-saeculum pattern
(08-19-2016, 09:28 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(08-19-2016, 12:09 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: GI executive leaders were no better; they drove the American economy into the ground with their top-down style and lack of innovation.

GIs can be faulted for :

heavy use of leveraging
crass indifference to the environment
male chauvinism
bland culture
rigid conformity

If one had talent and showed it one could advance in a GI firm. If one had talent and had a mundane clerical job in a Boomer firm, one was told to use that talent to become more proficient at the mundane clerical job, and forget about getting ahead. The opportunities do not exist. Boomer executives remind me of a Soviet-style nomenklatura, an administrative class that practically became hereditary. After all, the spoiled-brat kids of executives and trophy wives will need opportunities to live somewhere near as well as they lived as kids, and they rarely are well prepared for the professions, academia, or starting businesses.

But unlike Boomers they never established such low, rigid ceilings to opportunity for the unconnected.  Membership in managerial elites in Boomer organizations became (except for go-go tech companies just getting out of the start-up phase) much more limited to a few and far better rewarded.

It is hardly surprising that Generation X has been the most entrepreneurial generation since the Lost. Most recognize that they have no chance at getting out of poverty as employees of giant corporations. But owning and operating a successful business... one can lose everything, or one can do anything from struggling like a worker to getting fantastically rich.

The most powerful executives of recent years were Silents. No doubt some red Boomers are involved in big business, and they are as you say. Blue Boomers are probably not even corporate executives at all, but involved in non-profits or the arts. Nowadays Xers are probably frequently corporate leaders too, and they are hooked on the Reagan memes. I don't know how you could prove that Boomer executives don't allow employees to advance. Most of the social immobility in America today is due to the low wages and high prices for most people, established by the Reagan memes.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plato, Aristotle, and the double-saeculum pattern - by Eric the Green - 08-20-2016, 03:26 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alternating 4T pattern explained galaxy 55 19,927 01-29-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Tim Randal Walker
  Sarkar's Theories And The Saeculum Anthony '58 7 4,147 08-25-2022, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Eric the Green
Photo Anacyclosis (256 years cycle / 12 Generation / 3 Saeculum) Mark40 15 13,526 06-04-2020, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  Political Cycle Model for Saeculum Mikebert 48 34,965 09-04-2019, 09:18 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Finding the 6 Turnings pattern elsewhere. Jessquo 0 1,550 04-02-2019, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Jessquo
  Morality and the Saeculum sbarrera 6 7,396 11-26-2016, 10:39 AM
Last Post: sbarrera
  saeculum harmonics Mikebert 9 7,626 05-27-2016, 03:05 PM
Last Post: John J. Xenakis