Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's in the "stars" (predicting by astrology and other means)
Who will win the presidency in 2020?

The New Moon before the election predicts the party in power will win the popular vote. It is much more likely that the Republicans win both the popular and electoral vote than the Democrats, so this indicator predicts the Republican candidate will win. Whether that will be Donald Trump is still not certain.

The added monkey wrench discovered in 2016 was that Uranus was within margin of squaring the Ascendant from below the horizon. By some reckonings (equal house system), that's near the cusp of the 4th house, and in the past when Uranus was in the fourth house during this new moon, the incumbent party lost 4 out of 5 times. It represents rebellion against the incumbent. Uranus square the Ascendant from below indicated the incumbent party would lose in 2016, even though otherwise it indicated it would win. This will happen again in 2020 for only the second time (Uranus sq the Ascendant from below, but not in the 4th by the usual house system method). So once again, a rebellion could topple the party in power. But this indicator does not have a large sample, so it's a risky prediction.

Another factor is that Jupiter will conjunct Saturn in late 2020, inaugurating a new 20-year era for the Establishment. 7 out of 11 times this has meant a change in the party in power, and from 1841 to 1961 also meant death in office for the person elected. So although 7 out of 11 is not a certain basis for prediction either, this pattern also casts doubt on whether the incumbent party will win.

Finally, and most important, is the horoscope scores of the candidates. Donald Trump has a 9-4 score. That is below average for a president, but still beats most candidates. Given that the new moon before election (although with caveats) predicts an incumbent party victory, I could not predict a Democrat would win unless his or her score is much better than Trump's. Right now, the only possible candidate who fits that bill is Terry McAuliffe, whose score is at-least 11-2. Seth Myers, who is not now in a position to run, has 20-3. Oprah Winfrey has 10-3, just a little bit better than Trump. Scores can change depending on birth time, if it becomes known. Oprah's birthtime is known.

Sherrod Brown is a maybe, with 19-8, and he has a Rust Belt electoral advantage. Another media personality, Michael Moore, has a shot, @16-6, although his Saturn at the Nadir pulls him down and discourages him from running. He would also be strong in the Rust Belt. Tom Vilsack, 15-6, would beat Trump's score, but he does not seem in a position to run. Cory Booker is often mentioned, but his score is only 6-7, although on my 2012 scoring method he was 10-3. But the older method was less consistent, less well-researched, and less empirical. Bernie Sanders @14-7 does not have a quite high-enough score, although on the older system he was 10-0. CA Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom is 7-1, but 7 is a low positive score, and his Saturn Return in 2025 indicates he would lose in 2024 if he were elected in 2020. He had a much lower score on the old 2012 system.

If Trump is impeached or doesn't run again, Mike Pence might run instead. His score is only 8-7, so any Democrat with a positive score would have a decent chance to beat him. Andrew Cuomo @11-6 might be a good bet in that case. If Cuomo ran against Trump, though, he might win; but I could not predict this. Roy Cooper @10-4, Chris Murphy @9-3, and Chuck Schumer @15-8 are possibilities. Stephen Colbert @20-11 (b. May 1964) has a Saturn Return problem.

http://philosopherswheel.com/presidentialelections.html
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
Sherrod Brown - by Eric the Green - 05-19-2016, 12:17 PM
RE: It's in the "stars" (predicting by astrology and other means) - by Eric the Green - 03-28-2017, 04:28 PM
Indicators - cindercators. - by Ragnarök_62 - 09-03-2017, 04:41 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You are the stars Eric the Green 38 58,594 03-15-2022, 11:36 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  Astrology and science Eric the Green 6 3,179 01-03-2022, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Generations and Astrology carecare7 26 21,891 06-18-2019, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Ragnarök_62
  Vedic Astrology - Eight directions and their ruler tamijothidam 3 7,335 05-15-2017, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Ragnarök_62
  Astrology and Music naf140230 2 4,304 12-28-2016, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green