Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's in the "stars" (predicting by astrology and other means)
(09-21-2016, 02:35 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(09-21-2016, 07:12 AM)Eric the Obtuse Wrote:
(09-21-2016, 03:31 AM)Galen Wrote: Exactly, Boomers in general and Eric the Obtuse in particular tend to have answers but no questions.  Scientific knowledge can explain the known.  Science is the tool that allows us to gather new knowledge.  The more complex the system the less that can be known about it which is why science is not a matter of consensus and is never truly settled.  Newton's Laws are in fact not completely true but they are good enough for most situations and are relatively easy to work with so we still use them.  One man with evidence is sufficient to overturn any theory.

Only through uncertainty can understanding come.  People who are the most certain tend to make the most spectacular disasters.  Eric the Obtuse is very certain which explains his spectacular screw ups.

But I don't screw up very much. You have never refuted any opinion I have expressed. Just call names. My record of prediction is probably better than any pundit or astrologer. It's pretty good, considering the uncertainty level of human events. I don't know many if any who predicted the revolution of 1989 and the Balkan Wars of the 90s, the middle east wars such as 1973, the timing of Nixon's resignation, the secrets revealed in the press in 1971-72, the US wars of 1989 and 1991, the US attacked and gone to war in 2001, plus what I called an "upsurge" for early 2003, Obamacare passing, the papal scandal and the reform pope, the economic crash of Fall 2008, the timing of a modest recovery, the refuge crisis starting in 2011, the revolutions of that year, the exact electoral vote and all the events of the 2012 election.....
https://youtu.be/oKmyB1q3H68
https://youtu.be/WAoeW5fXJYU
http://philosopherswheel.com/predictions.html
you will keep denigrating me, but your denigrations and name-calling have no substance. You just act like Donald Trump. We'll see if Hillary wins, as I predict.

I do not answer any questions posed by the kiwi, or follow any link she posts.

I don't disagree with what you said about science, except with, of course, your stubborn insults against me. And, there are other modes of knowledge besides science, but it is the mode for specific questions which are the most verifiable by experiment and testing.

See I am great at predictions too! You will not acknowledge that there are changes to the horoscopes.

Score another one for the kiwi.  Interesting that I don't get ignored because I am far harder on Eric the Obtuse than you are.

His predictions are so vague as to be meaningless.  For 1989 he predicted an attempt a world government, not quite the same as the collapse of the Soviet Union or the Warsaw Pact.  While Nixon's presidency ended badly the prediction appeared to be implying that he would be assassinated which was probably wishful thinking on the part of Eric the Obtuse.  I have to admit that was the most impressive display of confirmation bias that I have encountered in a long time.

I have never coddled the stupid in the past and I am not about to start now.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises

Messages In This Thread
Sherrod Brown - by Eric the Green - 05-19-2016, 12:17 PM
Indicators - cindercators. - by Ragnarök_62 - 09-03-2017, 04:41 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You are the stars Eric the Green 38 58,404 03-15-2022, 11:36 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  Astrology and science Eric the Green 6 3,159 01-03-2022, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Generations and Astrology carecare7 26 21,801 06-18-2019, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Ragnarök_62
  Vedic Astrology - Eight directions and their ruler tamijothidam 3 7,329 05-15-2017, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Ragnarök_62
  Astrology and Music naf140230 2 4,294 12-28-2016, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green