Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What the next First Turning won't be like
(10-29-2020, 02:46 PM)Isoko Wrote: Camz, 

I think that the new High will actually be a very weak high. We have had a weak crisis and I expect no major changes during the high. What was established in the previous turnings will continue and become the new Conservative. 

What I do feel though is that the next Awakening will be more centre right in nature. People are not going to persecute homosexuals but there will be more focus on family values. This is needed to resolve the low birth rates the rest of the world is facing. 

To be honest, I expect people of the future to be not right wing anymore but not left wing either. I suspect they will be centrist in their points of view. I'm starting to see this new centrism arising in the Gen Z age group slowly and I expect it will continue as the future turnings come.

I'm not with you again on this. Not entirely. It could be a weak high, because of various factors. The climate crisis will not go away, even if we start to deal with it in the 2020s. Resources will be under strain, so it won't be the prosperous and easy American High or American Decade like last time. Also, activism will not go away, and the post cold-civil war will not entirely diminish in the early 2030s. The double rhythm and the planetary cycles indicates a period like the post-civil war of the 1870s. The right wing may have some victories in this period, however.

But nothing has been "established" in the previous turnings. All we have had is just a conservative reaction, especially in the economics sphere. We have had a weak crisis so far because the crisis has not erupted yet. The way I have seen this decade since decades ago, is that the struggle will be fierce, and demands for change and activism intense and unflagging. People power is rising all over the world to resist our revitalized tyranny system and to demand action on the myriad of long-unfinished business. Climate change, gun massacres, repression of voters and workers, health care debacles, repression of democracy, cultural/religious/race repression; all are unacceptable to the people and will be resisted tool and nail by them. We have seen it in the USA during the months when Saturn dipped into Aquarius this Summer. It is about to dip back in for good in December. The late lame duck session or early new congress will finally pass that second covid relief bill, for example; just like when it passed the first one immediately upon Saturn's first entry into Aquarius. It was an unprecedented spending bill for a trickle-down economics congress and president to pass so quickly. This time, it will be both Jupiter and Saturn making that entrance together.

It is impossible to say that the USA will be right, left or center per se. This changes with the times. We have had rule by the right-wing for 40 years. It is unsustainable. It needs to go left now, like during the last 4T crisis. I still think it will; at least center-left and quite possibly hard-left. But later on, during the later years of the coming 1T (resembling the late 1950s or early 1880s), a more centrist or corporate government and society will be OK for a while. I expect this moderate center-right trend to fully take hold in the mid-2030s and climax around 2040. But it could be brief, because the next awakening, like the last, will be speeded up in its schedule by the Uranus-Pluto alignment from 2045 to 2050, just like it did in 1963-1969.

There is a slight uptick toward the right now in what Pew calls Gen Z (but is really late Gen Y/Millennial), according to polls and graphs I have seen, but it is small so far, and the preferences of this new voting block are still strongly left. Whatever slowing down this small group may be having on the leftward thrust of the Millennials is not enough to change the very strong support for Democrats and liberal ideas among the youngest voting blocs. See the CNN poll posted under Election 2020.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: What the next First Turning won't be like - by Eric the Green - 10-30-2020, 05:55 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There Will Not Be A Triumphant End To This Turning galaxy 33 14,900 11-22-2023, 08:47 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  War & Military Turning & Generational Issues JDG 66 5 5,354 03-24-2022, 03:01 PM
Last Post: JDG 66
  First Turning "purge" Teejay 82 47,732 03-14-2022, 09:28 AM
  The Civil War 4th turning Eric the Green 6 4,112 11-11-2021, 06:12 PM
  Generational Constellation Math For The Current And Next Turning galaxy 8 3,657 11-09-2021, 01:51 AM
  I'm a sceptic that the 4th Turning started in 2008 Isoko 326 130,680 07-09-2021, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  In What Turning do Neighborhood Communities come back? AspieMillennial 7 4,298 05-05-2020, 10:15 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Why does the Fourth Turning seem to take Forever? AspieMillennial 22 9,877 01-19-2020, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  Does the UK disprove the Fourth Turning? AspieMillennial 14 6,718 01-02-2020, 12:14 AM
  What will happen when this turning ends? AspieMillennial 25 10,413 12-30-2019, 02:24 PM
Last Post: David Horn