Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Party realignment ending or just starting?
(05-23-2016, 11:56 AM)Anthony Wrote:
Quote:Only one policy of his might help wages rise, and that is his trade policy. Even that one could backfire if carried out poorly. But in other cases he is against policies that would help the working poor and middle class. We already have tax forgiveness for the poor. Trump would only make taxes higher on the rich and lower on the poor if forced to by a Democratic congress, which he won't have if he is elected. No, he'll be able to do as much as he can for his fellow crony capitalists. He opposes raising the minimum wage, which is essential. His policies would hurt poor immigrants, which add to the economy, not subtract as he says. His massive cuts to government spending and regulation would not benefit workers, but hurt them. His advocacy of climate change will hurt the economy in a massive way. And how is he going to help unions organize more easily? That is essential to getting wages raised. He might stop companies from relocating outside the USA, but will he stop the massive buyouts and automation? How will he see that workers get more of the benefits of productivity so that the millionaire and billionaire bosses don't get it all, like they do now? Higher taxes on the wealthy and redistribution to the poor and middle class is the only way I can see that the government can help this to happen. Trump will not propose this.

We only have total tax forgiveness for the working poor who have tons of kids.  If you're single and make over $10,000 a year - that means any single person who has a full-time job - you do pay federal income tax, in addition to FICA, and regressive state sales taxes, etc.  Trump would take that $10,000 figure and make it $25,000.  And if deporting poor immigrants would hurt them, then I guess that Trump would "hurt" poor immigrants - while greatly helping poor citizens; and who cares what the statutory minimum wage is, when the prevailing wage on the "free market," rigged by massive labor shortages, is higher than what even the most progressive politicians would advocate raising the minimum wage to?

I think it's already much higher than $10,000; I know people who make much more than that and pay no income taxes. It's already more like $25,000. Trump offers nothing for low income people. Deporting poor immigrants only opens up jobs to those who don't do them, and which pay too little anyway. There is no labor shortage; why complain about that if you are concerned about immigrants stealing our jobs, as Trump and his followers claim? There is no net immigration today; Obama has been the toughest president ever on illegals. There is a massive labor surplus and chronic unemployment because the Trump class sends jobs overseas, automates factories, buys out smaller companies, fires workers, keeps wages low, keeps liberals out of office, causes recessions with speculation, etc.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Party realignment ending or just starting? - by Eric the Green - 05-23-2016, 01:14 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump's people have founded their Party: pbrower2a 81 15,583 09-19-2021, 02:00 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  County Libertarian Party organizes trash pickup HealthyDebate 2 1,132 03-12-2021, 04:06 AM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  The Birthday Party Isoko 1 1,069 07-08-2020, 04:37 PM
Last Post: David Horn
  Libertarians party seeks to earn slots on Stamford ballots nebraska 0 1,252 01-19-2018, 01:26 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  The End Of A Republican Party Dan '82 48 31,563 10-26-2016, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Eric the Green
Rainbow Can a third party candidate win? Drakus79 80 36,629 08-31-2016, 08:09 AM
Last Post: Marypoza
  Would You Vote For The Reform Party Candidate? Anthony '58 23 18,374 08-07-2016, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  The Party of Michael Bloomberg Dan '82 2 2,206 07-29-2016, 12:21 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  The Republican Party Is Pushing Trump Toward a War With Black Lives Matter Dan '82 3 2,213 07-23-2016, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  Party membership and occupation Dan '82 0 1,565 06-29-2016, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Dan '82