Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the best songs ever: the lost years
(06-18-2016, 05:38 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: I actually agree with this. I like songs that confirm my sense of reality as it actually is. To wit, the state of relations between say Corporate America and folks like me.....

Oh, but either the lyrics or the actual sound of rage are interesting.
In the 3T, generally the actual sound of rage is annoying. For lyrics, you can read them. I am not knocking the lyrics, necessarily. Younger folks today are skilled with words, and enjoy them. I am more interested in going beyond the words to the music.

Quote:1. You rang? Cool 
2. Well, again, it's the experience there. I was decadent in the 1980's years. I went full fledged Yuppie in regards to seeking $ (influenced by elders no doubt) and lot's of poker junkets.
I don't question or judge your experience. I only talk about music according to how I hear it. You can't reduce that hearing experience of music to you or me. Only in part is it a question of our personal experience. It's also the music itself. I would tend to say it's mostly the music itself, but I have no doubt that my personal needs and experiences color my listening too, and so it is with you and others.

Quote:1. Newsflash, man. Not everyone uses music like Eric does.
2. Some 2T music certainly works because it's tied to some sort of nice memory.
1. So what? Doesn't have anything to do with what I said. It's not what I use music for; it's what music is originally for. That's historic fact.
2. All music works in part because it's tied to some sort of memory for someone. In part, only.

Quote:I'm sure the audiences were different.

So audiences determine music? I thought composers did.

Quote:That's for prophet generations, man.

Nope. That's for all time. Joseph Campbell said it; he was a civic.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: the best songs ever: the lost years - by Eric the Green - 06-18-2016, 10:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The best 4T songs MillsT_98 67 68,765 02-15-2022, 01:36 AM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  the best songs ever Eric the Green 642 399,826 06-25-2021, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Eric the Green