Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the best songs ever: the lost years
(06-22-2016, 02:56 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 12:55 PM)gabrielle Wrote: Glancing over TaraMarie's picks for this era, I think perhaps her tastes are even more different from mine than Eric's--quite a bit more, actually!  It seems to me she skipped over almost all of the good stuff in favor of late 90s/2000s pop.  At least we are somewhat in agreement on early/mid 80s New Wave.   But it's interesting to observe both the personal and generational differences in all of our music appreciation histories.  

Now, where was I...?  1984?  (been a little busy lately)

Unlike Eric who deliberately skips over stuff he deems icky keep in mind he was an adult during that time and would have been aware of it. I was not as i was a child in the 90s and an infant in the 80s. I have to pick up what songs i like from the 80s much later and some of that 80s music i was influenced by my mother who listened to it. She would play it when i was a child and i grew to love it. She is generally into the upbeat stuff and so when the mid 90s came along and i had my own upbeat music to enjoy i fell for it instantly as i could make that connection. Those songs have great memories for me so i apologize if i skipped over what you enjoy. This was just my list for what i was exposed to and took a liking to. I was heavily influenced by a late boomer and for the pop explosion milies are stereotypically connected with. Yes, like Eric i like the happier music overall. But he calls my music crap and empty/bland on par with 1T music. The mood changed with it approaching 4T and my taste evolved with it. Of course i do still love upbeat but i enjoy other music too which i showed in my later music. The later music seems more "real" to me as it tends to reveal what is wrong with the world and as i am waking up to what is wrong and why life is not so great as it was when i was a child i naturally changed my tune. Evanescence, skillet and disturbed are wonderful xer groups for that. Do not care that Eric loathes the angry tone. It helps the mood. So anyway yeah I favour mid/late 90s to 2000s as that is what i have a memory connection to. That is when i started to make choices on new music at the time on what i enjoyed. Not just what my mother enjoyed. What was enjoyed at the time for many millies here was what i revealed in my choices. Other millies influenced me and i them. We all went crazy for the upbeat pop music Eric calls crap.

I don't expect everyone to like the same stuff I like.  Not trying to throw shade or anything.  A lot of the stuff I like is pretty mainstream, I think, but I do like a few things that might be weird to others.  Music appreciation is a very personal thing.  And I haven't actually listened to everything you've posted, it might take me a while to get through it all.

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The best 4T songs MillsT_98 67 68,768 02-15-2022, 01:36 AM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  the best songs ever Eric the Green 642 399,878 06-25-2021, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Eric the Green