Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the best songs ever: the lost years
wikipedia says: "Part of the first wave of American noise rock groups, the band carried out their interpretation of the hardcore punk ethos throughout the evolving American underground that focused more on the DIY ethic of the genre rather than its specific sound.... Sonic Youth have been praised for having "redefined what rock guitar could do", using a wide variety of unorthodox guitar tunings and preparing guitars with objects like drum sticks and screwdrivers to alter the instruments' timbre. The band is considered to be a pivotal influence on the alternative and indie rock movements."

So not specifically "psychedelic," but I suppose you can say that it borders on such sounds, perhaps like that of The Seeds from the sixties. More than a bit darker, and less-refined. Of course I'm not much into the "noise" of 3T rock, but some bands of this era are somewhat interesting, at least, to me. I'm sure it was a fun experimental scene. The various post-punk genres have produced some pretty good stuff, here and there. I have heard of this group, but there's always more than I know about.

Are you going to post Green Day later?
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: the best songs ever: the lost years - by Eric the Green - 07-12-2016, 02:07 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The best 4T songs MillsT_98 67 68,765 02-15-2022, 01:36 AM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  the best songs ever Eric the Green 642 399,802 06-25-2021, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Eric the Green