Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Generational Dynamics World View
(10-31-2020, 02:09 PM)John J. Xenakis Wrote: ** 31-Oct-2020 World View: Earth Two

(10-31-2020, 12:20 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: >   The difference is the Democrats are following the science,
>   avoiding large no mask crowded gatherings.  By setting an example
>   Biden is striving for leadership and showing concern for his
>   people.  You wouldn’t understand.

I understand exactly what's going on.  You and the Democrats have a
vitriolic hatred of the 68 million tea partiers and Trump supporters.

Donald Trump has done little to endear himself to people who did not vote for him. He has been a horrid example for dealing with COVID-19.

I will be glad when this sordid election is over. Yes, it is sordid even if my side wins because it is the ugliest in American history since 1860, when America was split between people who thought slavery was the most wonderful thing that ever happened and people who wanted nothing to do with slavery. Trump supporters seem like Tea Party leftovers, but they do not identify themselves as such. 

I like my politics polite, having a focus on service instead of upon sticking it to the other side.  It will be best if we can forget how our neighbors, co-workers, and old school buddies voted. Many of us will be best off with a new set of friends, perhaps as a result of moving to some new community. I also prefer that politics be boring. Read a book. Buy a ticket to a theater or a sporting event. Rent a video. It's not the responsibility of our politicians to entertain us. What do you expect? Feeding Christians to the lions at the amphitheater?  Nero, Caligula, and Commodus certainly knew how to please the crowds.

Quote:The Democrats are completely panicked by the tens of thousands of
super-enthusiastic Trump supporters at each Trump rally -- and these
are all people that the Democrats hate -- so they respond by calling
them super-spreader events, which is ridiculous, coming from people
who enthusiastically approve rioting in the streets.

The typical Black Lives Matters rally -- and I have been to one, leaving only because too few people were wearing masks -- is a well-behaved event. I'm the sort of person who reported a drunk driver to the local police and who told the Michigan State Police that a highway near me (I then had a dog that I walked in that area, and I had no desire to lose that pooch or get crippled or killed by a speeder) was a speeder's paradise because it is flat, straight, and without communities for about ten miles. I often drive on that route, and within two weeks the state troopers were writing tickets to speeders doing freeway speeds on a two-lane blacktop road. Ideally the section in which the dog and I went for walks (to visit some rescue horses) would have the speed limit cut from 55 to perhaps 40 because there is a concentration of small houses with small children.

I see no conflict between efforts to reduce police shootings of black people stopped (even if they are stopped for valid reasons) and strict enforcement of the law. Do the crime and do the time, whether for drugs, assaults, arson, sex offenses, or robbery. Note well that a lawless society isn't much of a society, and it certainly isn't free. 

Quote:The Democrats are furious that they can't get more than 10 or 20
people to come to a Biden rally -- assuming he ever decides to come
out of his basement -- so they claim that it's all because of
"science."  Pathetic.

You missed the word "thousand".

On the other hand, Joe Biden had to cancel one event:

[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]Joe Biden’s presidential campaign canceled a Friday event in Austin, Texas, after harassment from a pro-Trump contingent.[/color]
[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]Texas has emerged as a battleground state in Tuesday’s presidential election, with polls showing the typically Republican stronghold now only marginally favoring President Donald Trump. The Biden campaign scheduled a Friday event in the state, in a bid to drum up last-minute support.[/color]

[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]But when the Biden campaign bus drove to Austin, it was greeted by a blockade of pro-Trump demonstrators, leading to what one Texas House representative described as an escalation “well beyond safe limits.”[/color]
[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]The cancelation comes amid national anxiety about voter intimidation, a tactic the Trump campaign has implicitly endorsed.
[/color]
[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]Historian Dr. Eric Cervini was driving to help with the Biden campaign stop when he filmed a line of pickup trucks along the highway, many of them flying Trump flags. The drivers were “waiting to ambush the Biden/Harris campaign bus as it traveled from San Antonio to Austin,” Cervini tweeted.
[/color]
[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]“These Trump supporters, many of whom were armed, surrounded the bus on the interstate and attempted to drive it off the road,” he alleged. “They outnumbered police 50-1, and they ended up hitting a staffer’s car.”

[Image: bidenbus_sptgnb]
[/color]

[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]A Biden campaign staffer told The Daily Beast that Trump supporters surrounded the bus on the highway and slowed down in front of it, attempting to stop it or run it off the road. The official sent a picture taken on the bus, showing Trump trucks surrounding the front of the vehicle. Staffers on the bus called police, who helped the bus reach its destination.[/color]

[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]Video from the highway shows trucks surrounding the bus, at one point colliding with an SUV. (This is from a Twitter feed, which this Forum does not absorb well -- pb2a)

[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]Footage from a CBS affiliate in Austin shows Trump supporters with signs and bullhorns surrounding the bus when it parked, with one person screaming that Biden was a communist.[/color]
[/color]
[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]Rep. Sheryl Cole, a Democrat representing nearby Pflugerville in Texas’s House, announced that a Biden event in her city had been canceled due to the harassment.
[/color]

[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]“This is a 1st for me - but we just cancelled a joint event in Pflugerville w/ @JoeBiden campaign,[/color]

[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]@AustinYoungDems, & more, due to security reasons,” she tweeted. “Unfortunately, Pro-Trump Protestors have escalated well beyond safe limits. Sorry to all who looked forward to this fun event.”[/color]

[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]The Biden campaign’s Texas communications director, Tariq Thowfeek, said holding the event would have placed Biden staffers and supporters at risk.
[/color]

[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]“Rather than engage in productive conversation about the drastically different visions that Joe Biden and Donald Trump have for our country, Trump supporters in Texas today instead decided to put our staff, surrogates, supporters, and others in harm’s way,” Thowfeek told The Daily Beat.
[/color]

[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]“Our supporters will continue to organize their communities for Joe Biden, Kamala Harris and Democrats up and down the ballot, and to the Texans who disrupted our events today: We’ll see you on November 3rd.”[/color]

[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]The Trump campaign—and often Trump himself—has encouraged in-person conflict around the polls. Trump used the first presidential debate to urge supporters to act as “poll watchers,” a call that sparked concerns of voter intimidation. His son, Donald Trump Jr., made an explicit call-out regarding the Biden campaign’s Texas outreach efforts.
[/color]
[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)][color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]In a video ahead of a Friday event by Biden’s running mate, Sen. Kamala Harris, Trump Jr. encouraged his father’s supporters to show up at Harris’s event.

[/color]
[/color]from The Daily Beast

Quote:As I've said many times, this has nothing to do with Trump.  It started
years ago with vitriolic attacks on tea partiers, and continues today.

On Thursday, Don Lemon, of the sewer channel CNN, said that he has
had to dump many of his friends for supporting Trump:

Don Lemon (of CNN) Wrote:   "I think they have to hit rock bottom like an addict,
   right? And they have to want to get help.

They have to want to know the truth.  They have to want to live in
   reality. They have to want to be responsible not only for other
   people’s lives but for their lives.

They are so nonsensical when it comes to this issue.  They have
   every single talking point that they hear on state TV and that
   they hear from this president.  They repeat it, and they are
   blinded by it.

I had to get rid of them because they are too far gone. I try and
   try and try. They’ll say something really stupid, and I will show
   them the science and I’ll give them the information, and they
   still repeat those talking points.

I don’t know if after this I will ever be able to go back and be
   friends with those people because at a certain point you just say,
   ‘You’re too far gone.'  If they’re willing to come back and
   willing to live in reality, then I will welcome them with open
   arms."

Oh, he tries and tries and tries.  Poor Don.

This is so sickening and pathetic, but it's just the latest example of
the vitriolic hatred of tea partiers and Trump supporters.  Ten years
ago, I was posting examples on my web site of other CNN people spewing
hatred for tea partiers, calling them "teabaggers."  Don Lemon is just
another pathetic example.

As we all should know from a tender age, we cannot choose what the truth is. We can live with the truth and adapt to it or we can let truth maul us like... well, pick your favorite zoological analogue. 

By now, most of us have forgotten about the Tea Party. Trump supporters no longer call themselves such. I look at reality and how Trump tries to mangle it to fit his odd combination of immaturity and senility with perhaps some sociopathy seasoning it. I look at it this way: if I lack the funds and I want a new car, but my credit is atrocious, I am not going to get to buy a new Mercedes-Benz. I will instead be lucky to get some car with about the same payments (except that those will be "convenient weekly payments") for some jalopy that will likely expire before the rust-bucket is paid off. Not to worry -- the tote-the-note lot from which I buy that desperate choice of a car will let me keep making similar "convenient weekly payments" for another car in similar condition. Reality, especially in economics, can be nasty.    

It's your tough luck, Mr. X, that a majority of voters in enough states chomp at the bit to replace the Milosevic-like President that we now have.   

Quote:In the meantime, Don Lemon will do everything in his power to keep you
from knowing about antifa-blm fascist violence in cities with Democrat
mayors, or about huge turnout for Trump's rallies, or about the
massive flood of evidence in the last 2-3 weeks there has been that
Hunter Biden and Joe Biden are criminally guilty of influence
peddling, money laundering, extortion, and other crimes, and people
are coming out of the woodwork to confirm it.

Trump supporters seem to be the sorts that don't get around much to the theater, concert hall, museum, or place of great natural beauty. But they get to see the President in one of his Castro-style rallies. He tells people exactly what they want to hear even if such is as far from the truth as what Fidel Castro or Hugo Chavez would have said at their rallies. 

...How many giant cities have Republican mayors? Let's put it this way -- what does the GOP have to offer to people in the giant cities?  

Quote:But oh, that stuff is all irrelevant because it's on "Earth Two,"
whatever that is.  Really, you and Don Lemon get more ridiculous every
time.  Pathetic.

The problem with bias in media often comes (and this applies as much to FoX Newspeak Channel as to CNN) with analysis of the stories. I can usually draw my own conclusions. 

OK, maybe I should have been a journalist. There really isn't that much new under the sun. Much of the discourse on foreign policy sounds suspiciously similar to delenda est Carthago.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by radind - 05-14-2016, 03:21 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by radind - 05-23-2016, 10:31 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by radind - 08-11-2016, 08:59 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by SomeGuy - 01-18-2017, 09:23 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by tg63 - 02-04-2017, 10:08 AM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by Galen - 03-13-2017, 03:33 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by SomeGuy - 03-15-2017, 02:56 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by SomeGuy - 03-15-2017, 03:13 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by Galen - 05-30-2017, 01:04 AM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by Galen - 07-08-2017, 01:34 AM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by tg63 - 08-09-2017, 11:07 AM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by tg63 - 08-10-2017, 02:38 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by Galen - 10-25-2017, 03:07 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by rds - 10-31-2017, 03:35 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by rds - 10-31-2017, 06:33 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by noway2 - 11-20-2017, 04:31 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by Galen - 12-28-2017, 11:00 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by Galen - 12-31-2017, 11:14 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by JDG 66 - 06-22-2018, 02:54 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by JDG 66 - 07-11-2018, 01:42 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by JDG 66 - 07-11-2018, 01:54 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by JDG 66 - 07-19-2018, 12:43 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by JDG 66 - 07-25-2018, 02:18 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by JDG 66 - 07-11-2018, 01:58 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by Galen - 08-18-2018, 03:42 AM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by Galen - 08-19-2018, 04:39 AM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by tg63 - 09-25-2019, 11:12 AM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by JDG 66 - 03-09-2020, 02:11 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by Camz - 03-10-2020, 10:10 AM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by tg63 - 03-12-2020, 11:11 AM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by JDG 66 - 03-16-2020, 03:21 PM
RE: 58 year rule - by Tim Randal Walker - 04-01-2020, 11:17 AM
RE: 58 year rule - by John J. Xenakis - 04-02-2020, 12:25 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by Isoko - 05-04-2020, 02:51 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by pbrower2a - 10-31-2020, 06:14 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by tg63 - 01-04-2021, 12:13 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by CH86 - 01-05-2021, 11:17 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by mamabug - 01-10-2021, 06:16 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by mamabug - 01-11-2021, 09:06 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by mamabug - 01-12-2021, 02:53 AM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by mamabug - 01-13-2021, 03:58 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by mamabug - 01-13-2021, 04:16 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by mamabug - 01-15-2021, 03:36 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by galaxy - 08-19-2021, 03:03 AM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by galaxy - 08-21-2021, 01:41 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by galaxy - 02-27-2022, 06:06 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by galaxy - 02-27-2022, 10:42 PM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by galaxy - 02-28-2022, 12:26 AM
RE: Generational Dynamics World View - by galaxy - 02-28-2022, 04:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why the social dynamics viewpoint to the Strauss-Howe generational theory is wrong Ldr 5 4,836 06-05-2020, 10:55 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Theory: cyclical generational hormone levels behind the four turnings and archetypes Ldr 2 3,415 03-16-2020, 06:17 AM
Last Post: Ldr
  The Fall of Cities of the Ancient World (42 Years) The Sacred Name of God 42 Letters Mark40 5 4,703 01-08-2020, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Generational cycle research Mikebert 15 16,310 02-08-2018, 10:06 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
Video Styxhexenhammer666 and his view of historical cycles. Kinser79 0 3,345 08-27-2017, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Kinser79