Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's in the "stars" (predicting by astrology and other means)
(12-07-2016, 07:51 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: NO doubt people here will jump on my one major (although partial) failure since I've been posting here, and deservedly so--- but forget the dozens of major correct predictions I've made here. So it goes with the T4T world. The T4Ters have a very hard time admitting that their saeculum exactly equals the Uranus orbit during the history of the colonies and USA. Even the authors stated that by definition the saeculum is 84 years = the orbit of Uranus. And the meaning of Uranus was defined by astrologer/philosopher Dane Rudhyar as based on the length of a human life = how S&H define the saeculum. But, that doesn't stop most people HERE from ignoring this crystal-clear link of the S&H cycle to astrology.

But, for sure, I am less confident about the economy with Trump at the helm. Still, I don't see recession until 2018, but it will probably be worse now than it would have been before Trump grabbed the White House (he likes to grab things, doesn't he? --courtesy plaudits to Seth for that one).

My record is probably miles better than "economists," let alone the "pundits" who almost always get things wrong.

Uh,no

Eric Wrote:In my old system I rated his horoscope score as 15-4. When I saw it, I knew he was going to be in the running and might win, and said so soon after he announced. Horrible thought though it was, It's clear from his chart that he appeals to Americans, and can get away with almost anything because the people like his personality, style and approach to campaigning.

1. A "new" system indicates that the old one is flawed.  That  means a self admission of less than perfection.  There is also the weasel word, "might" which translates into there's a "chance of" .  Weathermen phrase their predictions as "there is a chance of snow/rain".  That means you yourself use weathermen terminology and all one has to do is point it out to you. Tongue  Also of note is the usage of numbers like "15-4" as a point system.  So, with The Donald, we have numbers of 15 for vs. 4 against.  I can easily use that to come up with a chance by adding the numbers to get 19. So the chance of The Donald winning = 15/19. That's a 79 percent chance of The Donald winning. Big Grin
(Like why else would you even type those numbers down if they meant nothing?)

IIRC Lincoln used a "four score and 7" , so I suppose we can split the difference there.
---Value Added Cool

Messages In This Thread
Sherrod Brown - by Eric the Green - 05-19-2016, 12:17 PM
RE: It's in the "stars" (predicting by astrology and other means) - by Ragnarök_62 - 12-08-2016, 09:35 PM
Indicators - cindercators. - by Ragnarök_62 - 09-03-2017, 04:41 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You are the stars Eric the Green 38 58,414 03-15-2022, 11:36 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  Astrology and science Eric the Green 6 3,161 01-03-2022, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Generations and Astrology carecare7 26 21,804 06-18-2019, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Ragnarök_62
  Vedic Astrology - Eight directions and their ruler tamijothidam 3 7,330 05-15-2017, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Ragnarök_62
  Astrology and Music naf140230 2 4,294 12-28-2016, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green