Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's in the "stars" (predicting by astrology and other means)
I know Galen and maybe Taramarie would disagree, and I'm not going to look; and maybe Rags would still quibble. I predicted Hillary would win, and that's my mistake. And I can't deny my bias.

It is ironic that I missed it, because the two astrological systems I rely on and have worked on the most, the point system and the new moon before election method, both were correct. The point system favored (and now even more favors) Trump to win the election, and the new moon predicted that Hillary (representing the party holding the White House) would win the popular vote, and that was correct as well.

I predicted Hillary would win based on a couple of items regarding her horoscope, based on a questionable birth time. But I used it partly because it favored her to win. I was hoping Smile I still think the birth chart I chose to use is correct, based on the preponderance of evidence as described here:

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Clinton,_Hillary

But now with my additional checking and tallying, as well as switching Trump's and Clinton's aspects between winner and loser, I come up with an actual negative score for Hillary, and no candidate has ever won with a negative score unless the opponent had an equal or more negative score. So, it's partly in hindsight because I factored a Hillary win into how I scored the aspects in their charts within my database, which I should not have done.

Yes, Eric makes mistakes. But ironically, the systems I discovered did not. So, they will be useful going forward.

The only three candidates to win with a negative score were all Republicans.

James Garfield beat Winfield Scott Hancock in 1880. Both had a horoscope score of 8-9 in my latest count. It was the closest election in history by popular vote.

Calvin Coolidge beat John W. Davis in 1924. Coolidge scores 10-11, while Davis scores 8-17. Also running was Robert LaFollette who scores 6-14. Not even close. Neither was the election.

Herbert Hoover beat Al Smith in 1928. Hoover scores 11-12, while Smith scores 5-12. Again, not close. It was a landslide. Hoover went on to lose to FDR in 1932, who has a 21-5 score. Another landslide.

So, in my new count, Donald Trump has 9-4 and Hillary 9-11. She lost. In my previous version this year, it was Trump 8-4, Hillary 12-9. Last year, using my 2004 system, I had it as Trump 15-4 vs. Hillary 9-8.

My revised article is up.
http://philosopherswheel.com/presidentialelections.html
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
Sherrod Brown - by Eric the Green - 05-19-2016, 12:17 PM
RE: It's in the "stars" (predicting by astrology and other means) - by Eric the Green - 12-09-2016, 06:22 PM
Indicators - cindercators. - by Ragnarök_62 - 09-03-2017, 04:41 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You are the stars Eric the Green 38 58,409 03-15-2022, 11:36 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  Astrology and science Eric the Green 6 3,160 01-03-2022, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Generations and Astrology carecare7 26 21,802 06-18-2019, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Ragnarök_62
  Vedic Astrology - Eight directions and their ruler tamijothidam 3 7,329 05-15-2017, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Ragnarök_62
  Astrology and Music naf140230 2 4,294 12-28-2016, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green