Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's in the "stars" (predicting by astrology and other means)
(12-14-2016, 11:22 AM)Anthony Wrote:
(12-12-2016, 01:41 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(12-11-2016, 02:26 PM)Anthony Wrote: The "perihelion/oppositions" of Mars and the Sun are never absolutely exact; but twice every 32 years they are as near as makes no difference to being exact, causing Mars to shine at a brightness exceeding -2.0 magnitude.  

But do you have any source to verify this perihelion Mars? How did you learn about it? Who says?

I'm quite sure Daniel Patrick Moynihan would never have thought the Tea Party were not laissez faireists. Do you know what the TEA stands for in their name? They are the most outspoken and militant laissez faireists that we have. I don't understand how you could get that confused.

I trust that this link will satisfy your criteria:

The 2020-21 Perihelic Appartion Of Mars

As for your second issue, having the government intentionally create labor shortages to drive up wages by cutting off immigration is not laissez-faire.  Government slapping prohibitive tariffs on foreign-made goods is not laissez faire, and is what the antebellum North favored and the antebellum South vehemently opposed.

The only difference between Donald Trump's approach and that of Bernie Sanders is that the former does not entail transfer payments.

Thanks, I'll check out your reference.

OK, that tells me about October 2020, the perihelion happens a week before the opposition; although this is not compared to 1860 or other years.

Immigration is completely irrelevant to the laissez faire economics issue. For you to throw that in all the time completely confuses the issue. This is culture war, xenophobia and social conservatism; blaming problems on outsiders. Cutting off immigration (especially the illegal kind only, as Trump says he wants to do) would only create some labor shortages among very low-paid workers. That will not drive up wages. Immigration stimulates growth.

Tariffs are not laissez faire, of course, but Trump does not make himself into Bernie Sanders on that one issue alone. He is the antithesis of Bernie Sanders on everything else. Letting business get off without regulation and taxes is the essence of laissez faire. Trump's appointments and pronouncements indicate he is all in on laissez faire. He is the most famous member of the oligarchy, and that's who he protects and promotes, exclusively.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
Sherrod Brown - by Eric the Green - 05-19-2016, 12:17 PM
RE: It's in the "stars" (predicting by astrology and other means) - by Eric the Green - 12-14-2016, 06:07 PM
Indicators - cindercators. - by Ragnarök_62 - 09-03-2017, 04:41 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You are the stars Eric the Green 38 58,409 03-15-2022, 11:36 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  Astrology and science Eric the Green 6 3,160 01-03-2022, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Generations and Astrology carecare7 26 21,803 06-18-2019, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Ragnarök_62
  Vedic Astrology - Eight directions and their ruler tamijothidam 3 7,329 05-15-2017, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Ragnarök_62
  Astrology and Music naf140230 2 4,294 12-28-2016, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green