Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's in the "stars" (predicting by astrology and other means)
There is some buzz around actor and athlete Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. I had never heard of him, but enough fans have that astro.com has a birth chart with birth time for him, with an A rating. But, his score is mediocre at best; 8-9. So I don't look for him to get very far.
http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Johnson,_Dwayne
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwayne_Johnson

wikipedia says he is a registered independent.

PPP polling company did a poll on him:

Looking Toward 2020:
It's very early, but Trump trails by wide margins in hypothetical match ups for reelection. He does particularly poorly against Joe Biden (54/40 deficit) and Bernie Sanders (52/39 deficit.) There's significant defection from people who voted for Trump in November in each of those match ups- 15% of Trump voters say they'd choose Sanders over him and 14% say they'd choose Biden over him.

Trump also trails Elizabeth Warren (49/39), Al Franken (46/38), and Cory Booker (46/39).

We also looked at Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's prospects if he were to run for President as a Democrat. 36% of voters see Johnson favorably to 13% with a negative view of him, although 50% of voters have no opinion about him either way. Both Democrats (38/15) and Republicans (31/17) see him positively. Johnson would lead Trump 42/37 in a prospective contest, and wins over 15% of people who supported Trump last fall.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/...-play.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/earl...25f6b58dc9

Will Dwayne ‘the Rock’ Johnson actually run for president? ‘It’s a real possibility.’
By Marissa Payne May 10

President Johnson?
It started off as a joke, then it became more serious. Now Dwayne “the Rock” Johnson says running for president in 2020 is “a real possibility.”

The pro wrestler and Hollywood mogul made his latest quips to GQ magazine, which published a highly entertaining cover story on the star Wednesday.

Johnson said it was about a year ago, around the time The Post’s Alyssa Rosenberg published an essay explaining why Johnson could be a viable candidate, that the actor began thinking about running for office more seriously.

“There was a real sense of earnestness, which made me go home and think, ‘Let me really rethink my answer and make sure I am giving an answer that is truthful and also respectful,’ ” he told GQ’s Caity Weaver.

“I didn’t want to be flippant,” he added about what his platform might be, such as giving joke responses like “We’ll have three days off for a weekend!” or “No taxes!”

Weaver writes: “So, after all that consideration, Johnson doesn’t hesitate when I ask him whether he honestly might one day give up his life as the highest-paid movie star on earth — which is unquestionably easier, more fun, and more lucrative than being president of the United States — in order to run for office. ‘I think that it’s a real possibility,’ he says solemnly.”

Johnson’s newfound seriousness on the subject stands in contrast to his brand of humor with which he previously approached the subject. He once tweeted that if he ran for office and won that the White House better have a spot for his pickup truck.

Dwayne Johnson ✔ @TheRock
Cool piece on why I should run for President. Maybe one day. Surely the White House has a spot for my pick up truck..http://injo.com/2016/03/565994-rock-for-president/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=owned&utm_campaign=morning-newsletter …
5:16 AM - 25 Mar 2016

The People Are Loudly Clamoring for One Republican Actor to Save America This Election Cycle
He's certainly got the fan base...

Johnson also poked fun at his presence in the Oval Office on “SNL” in 2013 and again in 2015, when he played a hulking version of former president Barack Obama.

Johnson, however, suggested to Weaver that he’d be much more level-headed than “The Rock Obama,” emphasizing that being able to listen to those you disagree with and compromise as two features he’d bring to the job.

“When there’s a disagreement, and you have a large group of people that you’re in a disagreement with — for example, the media — I feel like it informs me that I could be better,” he said. “We all have issues, and we all gotta work our [crap] out.”

He added, “[Disagreement] informs us. The responsibility as president — I [would] take responsibility for everyone. Especially when you disagree with me. If there’s a large number of people disagreeing, there might be something I’m not seeing, so let me see it. Let me understand it.”

Johnson didn’t reveal any specific platforms he’d run on, nor did he say for which party he might seek the nomination. A registered independent, Johnson has been affiliated with the Republican and Democratic parties, having attended both national conventions in 2000 to encourage people to vote. As for whom he voted last year, however, Johnson kept that a secret, although, again, both parties sought his public endorsement, he told GQ.

“I feel like I’m in a position now where my word carries a lot of weight and influence, which of course is why they want the endorsement,” he said. “But I also have a tremendous amount of respect for the process and felt like if I did share my political views publicly, a few things would happen … I felt like it would either (a) make people unhappy with the thought of whatever my political view was. And, also, it might sway an opinion, which I didn’t want to do.”

Since President Trump was inaugurated in January, however, Johnson hasn’t remained totally silent. He made clear he had some philosophical differences with Trump’s policies on immigration when he distanced himself from Under Armour chief executive Kevin Plank in February after Plank declared Trump was an “asset” to the country for his “pro-business” and hard line immigration stances.

Johnson reiterated his difference of opinion with Trump when Weaver asked him about his views of the president’s latest executive order on immigration, which put a temporary ban on entry to the United States by people from six majority-Muslim countries.

“I completely disagree with it,” he told GQ. “I believe in our national security to the core, but I don’t believe in a ‘ban’ that bans immigrants. I believe in inclusion. Our country was built on that, and it continues to be made strong by that.”

Sounding very much like a politician already, Johnson added it’s important not to make a “snap judgment” when it comes to national-security decisions. It appears that’s how he might feel about running for office, too.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
Sherrod Brown - by Eric the Green - 05-19-2016, 12:17 PM
RE: It's in the "stars" (predicting by astrology and other means) - by Eric the Green - 05-16-2017, 12:50 PM
Indicators - cindercators. - by Ragnarök_62 - 09-03-2017, 04:41 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You are the stars Eric the Green 38 58,408 03-15-2022, 11:36 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  Astrology and science Eric the Green 6 3,159 01-03-2022, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Generations and Astrology carecare7 26 21,801 06-18-2019, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Ragnarök_62
  Vedic Astrology - Eight directions and their ruler tamijothidam 3 7,329 05-15-2017, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Ragnarök_62
  Astrology and Music naf140230 2 4,294 12-28-2016, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green