Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's in the "stars" (predicting by astrology and other means)
(07-14-2016, 11:59 AM)naf140230 Wrote:
(07-13-2016, 12:58 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: No-one that I know of who is being considered. Among Republican politicians with good scores, George Pataki is apparently too liberal for most Republicans. Carly Fiorina was already chosen by Ted Cruz, and has no experience in office. Marco is going for Senate again. Maybe Rob Portman would be an OK choice for him. Among those considered, Newt Gingrich is the only one I know of with a positive score, but it's not as positive in my new system as it was in my old system, now only 9-8. Two outspoken and off-the-cuff firebrands together though, seems too explosive a mixture. Plus he's about as old as Joe Biden.

I have a feeling that Chris Christie might be a good choice for him, but he will not help his electability according to his score, which declined on my new system to 16-22. His score is notable for showing high talent, but higher negatives.

A new choice has appeared, Michael Flynn, a lieutenant-general who has written a book on foreign policy, "The Field of Fight: How We Can Win the Global War Against Radical Islam and Its Allies," with Michael Ledeen. He is a Democrat! He was leader of the Defense Intelligence Agency, but resigned over policy differences. He seems as coy as Trump on the abortion issue (wikipedia:

On a July 10, 2016 interview on This Week, when asked by host Martha Raddatz about the issue of abortion, Flynn stated, "women have to be able to choose."[25][26] On July 11, 2016, he clarified to Fox News that he is pro-life.[27]

When asked about same-sex marriage, Flynn responded, "What people do in their private lives, these are not big issues that our country’s dealing with." )

He is a foreign policy advisor to Trump. Unfortunately, no-one knows his birthday, so I can't say much about whether he would help Trump! Except that he's a Joneser 57 to 58 years old, so the Saturn Return would be affecting his term as vice-president, and possibly his chances of getting elected in the first place this year. Of course, that did not stop the elder Bush from winning the position in 1980. He seemed pretty sharp and sensible in the interview on the PBS Newshour tonight; quite a contrast to Trump, and a challenge to Republican partisans. If he were advising Trump, he would probably mellow out Trump's attacks on potential Muslim allies abroad, from what I heard him say.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016...-president
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_T._Flynn
I am afraid Mike Pence will most likely be Trump's running mate. 8+9=17 and 4+9=13. The combined score is weaker than Hillary's.

I thought about combining scores of the presidential and veep candidates. Of course, the veep matters a lot less, and I don't know all the scores to see the effect historically. Hillary's veep choices do not seem strong presidential possibilities, according to their score, but at least they are positive, whereas Pence's score is only even.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
Sherrod Brown - by Eric the Green - 05-19-2016, 12:17 PM
RE: It's in the "stars" (predicting by astrology and other means) - by Eric the Green - 07-14-2016, 12:14 PM
Indicators - cindercators. - by Ragnarök_62 - 09-03-2017, 04:41 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You are the stars Eric the Green 38 58,409 03-15-2022, 11:36 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  Astrology and science Eric the Green 6 3,160 01-03-2022, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Generations and Astrology carecare7 26 21,802 06-18-2019, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Ragnarök_62
  Vedic Astrology - Eight directions and their ruler tamijothidam 3 7,329 05-15-2017, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Ragnarök_62
  Astrology and Music naf140230 2 4,294 12-28-2016, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green