Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's in the "stars" (predicting by astrology and other means)
I have suggested that the 2016 election is a lot like 1908 as far as who scores what and what the indicators are. Taft has the same 12-9 score as Hillary, and both have Jupiter rising, giving them an advantage over a candidate with a better score by percentage, but with a positive score of only 8 (Trump 8-4, Bryan 8-3). The new moon before election favored the party in power in 1908, as it does today. Bryan and Trump are also both called "populists" (though Trump mostly erroneously so), with both appealing to a less-educated, more-religious group of voters mostly in the South and the plains states. The parties have switched, but Bryan had already taken over the Democrats for the new populism, and Trump may do so to the Republicans for his false populism, the "alt.right." Taft is a lot like Hillary in that she wants to continue her predecessor's progressive policies but lacks his charismatic, persuasive skills. Still, you can't necessarily say that 1908 established a pattern that continued into 1912 and beyond, which might parallel today's possible patterns. Perhaps, in some ways, it's possible. But I don't see a liberal Republican in the Wilson mold available, although whoever is elected may face a war in the world that we later join in the second term of whoever is elected in 2020, if (s)he has one.

Another parallel with 2016 might be 1964. The horoscope scores of the two major party candidates are not virtually identical, as in 1908, but similar. Johnson had a lower score percentage-wise than Goldwater, but Johnson had Jupiter rising, as Hillary does, and Goldwater had Mars rising, as Trump does. And the new moon before election favored the party in power. Goldwater represented an insurgent wing of the Republican Party, as Trump does today, which might suggest that this insurgent wing may take over the party in the future just as the previous insurgent wing did--despite losing the initial election to a fairly weak candidate in a landslide, as happened to Goldwater, and as might happen to Trump. I would dissent, though, if this pattern is used to predict that the alt right will go on to win the presidency in future elections, as the 1964 Republicans did.

http://philosopherswheel.com/presidentialelections.html

btw both Trump and Goldwater have/had Saturn transiting their 4th house/Nadir during the election, a bad sign, while Hillary and LBJ have/had Saturn near their horizon, a good sign.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
Sherrod Brown - by Eric the Green - 05-19-2016, 12:17 PM
RE: It's in the "stars" (predicting by astrology and other means) - by Eric the Green - 08-29-2016, 02:53 PM
Indicators - cindercators. - by Ragnarök_62 - 09-03-2017, 04:41 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You are the stars Eric the Green 38 58,430 03-15-2022, 11:36 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  Astrology and science Eric the Green 6 3,163 01-03-2022, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Generations and Astrology carecare7 26 21,811 06-18-2019, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Ragnarök_62
  Vedic Astrology - Eight directions and their ruler tamijothidam 3 7,330 05-15-2017, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Ragnarök_62
  Astrology and Music naf140230 2 4,294 12-28-2016, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green