Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Party realignment ending or just starting?
The beltway elite is becoming blatantly tyrannical. It is obvious that are trying to rig it (the election) for hillary. It is obvious they do not want either Trump or Sanders anywhere near the White House.
(05-29-2016, 10:34 AM)Cynic Hero Wrote: The beltway elite is becoming blatantly tyrannical. It is obvious that are trying to rig it (the election) for hillary. It is obvious they do not want either Trump or Sanders anywhere near the White House.

This is the only reason I enjoy watching The Donald at work.  He is pissing off exactly the right people.  I don't really trust him but all the other choices suck even more.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises
(05-31-2016, 11:17 AM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
(05-29-2016, 10:51 PM)Galen Wrote:
(05-29-2016, 10:34 AM)Cynic Hero Wrote: The beltway elite is becoming blatantly tyrannical. It is obvious that are trying to rig it (the election) for hillary. It is obvious they do not want either Trump or Sanders anywhere near the White House.

This is the only reason I enjoy watching The Donald at work.  He is pissing off exactly the right people.  I don't really trust him but all the other choices suck even more.

He's making the Establishment uncomfortable. But who he's actually pissing off are a type of swing voter who the GOP needs to win. The whole US is not a bunch of angry white high school educated former factory workers and tradesmen displaced by illegals. There are plenty of boring suburban and urban educated people who are neither part of "the Establishment" nor part of any solid political camp. This demographic I describe are not elites ... they are "merely" middle class, mainly in the "upper middle class" category. These are the modern equivalent of the "soccer moms" of the 1990s. But today's version is more diverse and has many immigrants (not the poor types ... rather, the white collar professional types). Talk about pissing off people ... this demographic is royally pissed right now. This demographic has been forgotten thus far in this election. But given current choices most will hold their noses and pull the lever for the Democrat in November.

The General Election hasn't even started yet. Trump would have several months to court middle-class and upper-middle class voters by pointing out that neo-liberal globalism would cause downward Mobility for them. Trump would attract them by championing his protectionist policies.
(05-31-2016, 12:55 PM)Cynic Hero 86 Wrote:
(05-31-2016, 11:17 AM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
(05-29-2016, 10:51 PM)Galen Wrote:

He's making the Establishment uncomfortable. But who he's actually pissing off are a type of swing voter who the GOP needs to win. The whole US is not a bunch of angry white high school educated former factory workers and tradesmen displaced by illegals. There are plenty of boring suburban and urban educated people who are neither part of "the Establishment" nor part of any solid political camp. This demographic I describe are not elites ... they are "merely" middle class, mainly in the "upper middle class" category. These are the modern equivalent of the "soccer moms" of the 1990s. But today's version is more diverse and has many immigrants (not the poor types ... rather, the white collar professional types). Talk about pissing off people ... this demographic is royally pissed right now. This demographic has been forgotten thus far in this election. But given current choices most will hold their noses and pull the lever for the Democrat in November.

The General Election hasn't even started yet. Trump would have several months to court middle-class and upper-middle class voters by pointing out that neo-liberal globalism would cause downward Mobility for them. Trump would attract them by championing his protectionist policies.

Nah, in America today the election is constant; 24/7/365, all year, every year.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Middle-class white people often have interactions with middle-class blacks, Asians, and Hispanics. Part of the interaction includes hearing what a horrible person Donald Trump is. People who think about how horrible Trump is will at the least vote for Johnson and Weld.

I see plenty of Trump bumper stickers and placards in the rural Midwest... so what. Republicans have a lock on rural white America outside the South as strong as the lock was in the 1920s. We know about the rural white South, too. Such may be Sarah Palin's "real America". So what! The "not-so-real" America does not belong to the GOP. The vast majority of voters are in the less-natural environments, the places with asphalt and concrete.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump's people have founded their Party: pbrower2a 81 15,190 09-19-2021, 02:00 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  County Libertarian Party organizes trash pickup HealthyDebate 2 1,100 03-12-2021, 04:06 AM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  The Birthday Party Isoko 1 1,052 07-08-2020, 04:37 PM
Last Post: David Horn
  Libertarians party seeks to earn slots on Stamford ballots nebraska 0 1,241 01-19-2018, 01:26 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  The End Of A Republican Party Dan '82 48 31,363 10-26-2016, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Eric the Green
Rainbow Can a third party candidate win? Drakus79 80 36,099 08-31-2016, 08:09 AM
Last Post: Marypoza
  Would You Vote For The Reform Party Candidate? Anthony '58 23 18,264 08-07-2016, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  The Party of Michael Bloomberg Dan '82 2 2,193 07-29-2016, 12:21 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  The Republican Party Is Pushing Trump Toward a War With Black Lives Matter Dan '82 3 2,188 07-23-2016, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  Party membership and occupation Dan '82 0 1,549 06-29-2016, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Dan '82