Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Artist kids now have their own superhero team
We Can Be Heroes is basically a kid Avengers. The movie really emphasizes kids working together as a team, which seems more like a message for Hero, not Artist children. Meet the Team in We Can Be Heroes | Netflix Futures - YouTube
(01-02-2021, 11:42 AM)GeekyCynic Wrote: We Can Be Heroes is basically a kid Avengers. The movie really emphasizes kids working together as a team, which seems more like a message for Hero, not Artist children. Meet the Team in We Can Be Heroes | Netflix Futures - YouTube

What are their birthdates? Those born from 1997-2003 really ARE heroes.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(01-03-2021, 12:42 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 11:42 AM)GeekyCynic Wrote: We Can Be Heroes is basically a kid Avengers. The movie really emphasizes kids working together as a team, which seems more like a message for Hero, not Artist children. Meet the Team in We Can Be Heroes | Netflix Futures - YouTube

The kid actors were all born between 2005 and 2012, which makes them all Artists. The oldest would be cuspers at most.
(01-03-2021, 01:03 PM)GeekyCynic Wrote:

The kid actors were all born between 2005 and 2012, which makes them all Artists. The oldest would be cuspers at most.

Ah ha. It does seem a bit out of character then. But the Artist/Adaptive type does have a communitarian orientation in youth.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(01-03-2021, 05:39 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

Ah ha. It does seem a bit out of character then. But the Artist/Adaptive type does have a communitarian orientation in youth.

Seems to be the norm for the youth generation pre-puberty to conform to the rising generation’s attitudes initially. This could be a combination of 1. Emulating their older siblings (So a 2005 born artist could be behaving like their 1999 born millennial sibling) and 2. These character traits not being on display until they’ve become young adults ready to forge their own identities.
I was scared this thread would be about these guys. Early in 2020, the marvel "New Warriors" became a huge meme. It features a guy who's superpower is just infinite access to the internet, someone literally called "Snowflake", someone literally called "Safespace", some E-Boy edgelord, and Dora the Explorer. Terrible representation for those on the Zoomer cusp. Both anti-social justice warriors AND LGBT and racial minorities hated this.
[Image: newwar2020001014_col.jpg]
(01-04-2021, 05:23 AM)Snowflake1996 Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 05:39 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

Seems to be the norm for the youth generation pre-puberty to conform to the rising generation’s attitudes initially. This could be a combination of 1. Emulating their older siblings (So a 2005 born artist could be behaving like their 1999 born millennial sibling) and 2. These character traits not being on display until they’ve become young adults ready to forge their own identities.

It's also likely that most if not all of the writing team are Millennials, and they haven't really tried to reflect the differences in the younger gens following them.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
Civic generations are slow to develop any creative ethos. I'm going to guess that the first strong creative figures of the GI generation to get significant recognition was Walt Disney for his innovative cartoon "Steamboat Willie" that introduced Mickey Mouse in America and the Soviet composer Dmitri Shostakovich, whose First Symphony was his submission as his graduation piece at the Leningrad Conservatory at the age of 19 -- and this work stands up well. Disney and Shostakovich would both do much in their respective arts... and there would be others. Disney and Shostakovich were early-bloomers by GI standards. Not until Citizen Kane do we have a film that has its creativity associated largely with the GI Generation; Big Band music has its start with figure then mostly in their 30's. Kurosawa's reputation as a director did not take off until he was in his late thirties.

Here is DSCH's First Symphony:

This is an impressive First, wouldn't you say? Remember -- this is by a nineteen-year-old prodigy who kept maturing even if the Soviet state tried to make a cultural stooge out of him. 

I would guess that many of the creative employees at such studios at Pixar and Marvel are Millennial... but the directorship there is still Boom and X.

(In case you wonder, I am a Boomer and I associate Generation X with far more creativity than mine).
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(01-05-2021, 11:16 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: Civic generations are slow to develop any creative ethos. I'm going to guess that the first strong creative figures of the GI generation to get significant recognition was Walt Disney for his innovative cartoon "Steamboat Willie" that introduced Mickey Mouse in America and the Soviet composer Dmitri Shostakovich, whose First Symphony was his submission as his graduation piece at the Leningrad Conservatory at the age of 19 -- and this work stands up well. Disney and Shostakovich would both do much in their respective arts... and there would be others. Disney and Shostakovich were early-bloomers by GI standards. Not until Citizen Kane do we have a film that has its creativity associated largely with the GI Generation; Big Band music has its start with figure then mostly in their 30's. Kurosawa's reputation as a director did not take off until he was in his late thirties.

This is an impressive First, wouldn't you say? Remember -- this is by a nineteen-year-old prodigy who kept maturing even if the Soviet state tried to make a cultural stooge out of him. 

I would guess that many of the creative employees at such studios at Pixar and Marvel are Millennial... but the directorship there is still Boom and X.

(In case you wonder, I am a Boomer and I associate Generation X with far more creativity than mine).

Actually, Millennials have so far produced some talented filmmakers who I think show great promise, among them being Greta Gerwig, Safdie Bros, Ari Aster, Robert Eggers, Ryan Coogler, Damien Chazzelle.
(01-05-2021, 11:16 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: Civic generations are slow to develop any creative ethos. I'm going to guess that the first strong creative figures of the GI generation to get significant recognition was Walt Disney for his innovative cartoon "Steamboat Willie" that introduced Mickey Mouse in America and the Soviet composer Dmitri Shostakovich, whose First Symphony was his submission as his graduation piece at the Leningrad Conservatory at the age of 19 -- and this work stands up well. Disney and Shostakovich would both do much in their respective arts... and there would be others. Disney and Shostakovich were early-bloomers by GI standards. Not until Citizen Kane do we have a film that has its creativity associated largely with the GI Generation; Big Band music has its start with figure then mostly in their 30's. Kurosawa's reputation as a director did not take off until he was in his late thirties.

Well, as a Millennial myself, I can honestly say that I can't help but agree with you that Hero/Civic generations often aren't as creative as the other archetypes. I've seem several creative works from the Silent, Boomers, and Gen Xers (in fact, many of my favorite movies and TV shows are from the 2T and 3T), I can't really think of many creative/innovative things my own generation has done so far (either culturally or in entertainment). That doesn't mean it can't happen eventually though, for instance I LOVE The Twlight Zone, which is a 1T show and created by Rod Sterling, a G.I. (though he's really a Silent cusper).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Halloween for Xer kids vs. New Silent kids GeekyCynic 3 2,519 10-29-2020, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Camz
  Kids react = Homelanders react sbarrera 0 1,181 07-28-2020, 05:24 PM
Last Post: sbarrera
  Homelander/New Artist kids during quarantine GeekyCynic 8 5,340 07-28-2020, 04:54 PM
Last Post: sbarrera
  E-People: Civic/Hero or Artist? Ghost 11 6,490 06-05-2020, 03:12 AM
Last Post: Blazkovitz
  Greta Thunberg - Civic or Artist? Bill the Piper 40 21,497 11-26-2019, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund