Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Millennials Cemented as Civics/Heroes Yet?
(03-19-2022, 02:36 PM)nguyenivy Wrote:
(03-13-2022, 09:53 AM)beechnut79 Wrote:
(03-13-2022, 02:58 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(03-12-2022, 03:00 PM)JasonBlack Wrote:
(03-12-2022, 05:51 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: Replacing fossil fuels with renewables in response to this Ukraine crisis and its sanctions is being talked about among the public, not just with me. Environmentalists like Bill McKibben are talking about it, and other organizations that send me email are talking about it. The Europeans are talking about it, and President Biden talked about it in his recent speech to the nation. I'm sure it needs to be talked about more. But whether it is or not, by whoever, it IS the need.

It's good that people are talking about it, but that doesn't mean we have solutions readily available. I see where people are coming from about the whole modern craze over "instant gratification", but at the same time, when you're talking about whether or not someone is going to be able to afford to commute to work, you really do need an "instant" solution if you don't want to have to double the size of the welfare state.

We certainly have solutions readily available to the climate change/fossil fuel/sanctions-gas prices crisis. To some extent, they are most easily available now to those who can afford it. But CA had a climate refund for a while that lowered energy costs, and if we can get back to the idea that government help to the poor is a good thing, we could certainly bring poorer people along for this "ride." These solutions, though they are readily available, take a few years to build. Much had been done already under Obama, and will be under Biden if Manchin can get off the dime and vote for the BBBBB. Republicans oppose progress on most things, including this crisis. 

Innovation has been bringing costs down considerably, and will continue to do so. Those who can afford to buy new can buy a new house in CA on which solar panels are required to be built, as well as an electric car. Many people like me live in cities where their energy payment can go exclusively to renewable sources. Blue states have been willing to embrace the solutions, and in some red states solutions are being applied too despite Republican discouragement, because solar and wind power is good business.
What do the last two Bs in the quintuple B bill stand for? I always though it was simply Build Back Better.

Biden's Build Back Better Bill?

Of course!
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(03-12-2022, 09:34 PM)linus Wrote: Well, deep respect and humility toward the Ukrainian men and women - young and old (but yeah significantly millennial) - who are defending their country, at great cost to themselves, and their families, and country.

The millennial fighters defending their country are heroes, and will be - and so are the older and younger generations assisted.

Most of them are Adaptive/Artist (everyone born from roughly 1985 onward in the case of Ukraine, with a 4T having begun there at some point between Chernobyl in 1986 and the final collapse of the USSR in 1991). This is a 1T war, with the turning having begun in 2014 in Ukraine (following the Maidan revolution) and in either 2014 or perhaps a few years earlier in Russia (but certainly no earlier than the start of Medvedev's presidency). The US History analogy of this war is 1812.

Heroic nevertheless, of course, and very deserving of all the accolades they have received.
2001, a very artistic hero and/or a very heroic artist

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Compare/Contrast of Millennials and GIs JasonBlack 9 1,950 10-15-2022, 03:53 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  "Anti-Nationalist Civics"....What? JasonBlack 28 5,376 07-16-2022, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Do millennials have a closet fascination with masculinity? JasonBlack 6 1,949 03-19-2022, 08:09 AM
  Millennials blaming Boomers for everything going wrong Eric the Green 6 2,841 02-23-2022, 10:33 PM
  Millennials are the Scapegoat of everything going wrong. When will this stop? AspieMillennial 9 6,681 02-10-2022, 12:24 AM
  Are Safe Spaces for Religious Millennials Justified? AspieMillennial 39 16,539 10-18-2021, 01:35 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  A values consensus from Millennials? sbarrera 46 18,197 08-13-2021, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Millennials when old Blazkovitz 55 31,423 07-06-2021, 10:50 AM
Last Post: nguyenivy
  Estimating who belongs in S&H's Millennials (not mainstream Millennials) Ghost 23 10,119 06-17-2021, 04:06 PM
Last Post: Tim Randal Walker
  What made millennials trust technology? Bill the Piper 12 7,412 10-29-2019, 08:31 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund