Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Trump...
The first candidate to support protectionism since Herbert Hoover?
Perhaps the first since then to propose an INCREASE in tariffs.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
And since you brung up Herbert Hoover, both Mr. Smoot and Mr. Hawley were Republicans.

Oh, but parties never switch sides on anything. Use this example the next time some righty-whitey brings up how the original KKK members were Democrats.
"These, and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation" - Justice David Brewer, Church of the Holy Trinity v. United States, 1892
(07-01-2016, 07:50 AM)Anthony Wrote: And since you brung up Herbert Hoover, both Mr. Smoot and Mr. Hawley were Republicans.

Oh, but parties never switch sides on anything.  Use this example the next time some righty-whitey brings up how the original KKK members were Democrats.

The demagoguery of William jennings Bryan meets the plutocracy of William J. McKinley. There -- the worst of both worlds.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.