Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The best 4T songs
From Greece:

---Value Added Cool
Rock and pop may be separating now. Your rockin thru the 4T thread might be best for you, and worth watching for us, and maybe you could go there, and I will keep my Bieber and Owl City and 1D and "Happy" stuff and whatever else here, where you have no interest, and not in the rock thread; and others can post their pop 4T favorites here, and their 4T rock favorites there. I think the rockin thru the 4T thread needs you to keep it going.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(07-29-2016, 01:10 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: Rock and pop may be separating now. Your rockin thru the 4T thread might be best for you, and worth watching for us, and maybe you could go there, and I will keep my Bieber and Owl City and 1D and "Happy" stuff and whatever else here, where you have no interest, and not in the rock thread; and others can post their pop 4T favorites here, and their 4T rock favorites there. I think the rockin thru the 4T thread needs you to keep it going.

I noticed how how some former 3T bands, who were formerly some kind of rock, became more "pop" like, which makes me think that many bands are evolving towards pop music.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again."
—Thomas Paine, Common Sense (1776)

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
—Mark Twain

'98 Millennial
I really like twenty one pilots—their weird style that doesn't really fit into any particular genre (mostly pop though)—makes it a band I can really appreciate. Although their lyrics might be a little deep and dark for this thread, but given their style (and how recent they are), I think twenty one pilots is a good fit for this thread.

—Mark Twain

'98 Millennial
(07-29-2016, 06:47 PM)The taramarie Wrote:
(07-29-2016, 06:33 PM)MillsT_98 Wrote: I really like twenty one pilots—their weird style that doesn't really fit into any particular genre (mostly pop though)—makes it a band I can really appreciate. Although their lyrics might be a little deep and dark for this thread, but given their style (and how recent they are), I think twenty one pilots is a good fit for this thread.

Well the songs do not al have to be light hearted upbeat and happy just because Eric mentioned so. This thread should explore all that the 4T has explored thus far. It is a thread for 4T songs. Some of it will delight and some will disgust obviously. (waves to Eric) But music is not designed to make everyone happy. As long as it is 4T it should be in this thread as that is what it is for.

Keep in mind that I created this thread but Eric was the one who suggested they be upbeat and light-hearted. I would suggest that songs in this thread be pop music. That's what I've kept in this thread. No they do not all have to be happy—a lot of it isn't—but a lot of pop music today is and I would like to include that as well.

—Mark Twain

'98 Millennial
(07-29-2016, 09:45 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(07-29-2016, 09:33 PM)MillsT_98 Wrote:
(07-29-2016, 06:47 PM)The taramarie Wrote:
(07-29-2016, 06:33 PM)MillsT_98 Wrote: I really like twenty one pilots—their weird style that doesn't really fit into any particular genre (mostly pop though)—makes it a band I can really appreciate. Although their lyrics might be a little deep and dark for this thread, but given their style (and how recent they are), I think twenty one pilots is a good fit for this thread.

Well the songs do not al have to be light hearted upbeat and happy just because Eric mentioned so. This thread should explore all that the 4T has explored thus far. It is a thread for 4T songs. Some of it will delight and some will disgust obviously. (waves to Eric) But music is not designed to make everyone happy. As long as it is 4T it should be in this thread as that is what it is for.

Keep in mind that I created this thread but Eric was the one who suggested they be upbeat and light-hearted. I would suggest that songs in this thread be pop music. That's what I've kept in this thread. No they do not all have to be happy—a lot of it isn't—but a lot of pop music today is and I would like to include that as well.
You just said what i said....
You do not have to follow what he says for your own thread. I also said it should explore all that the 4T has explored thus far. I will highlight what i posted so you have proof. Scroll above for this. It is a 4T music thread and so it would contain a mix. If it is for pop music it should state that. 4T pop music. But it doesn't.

I guess I created this thread without really knowing what it was for! I didn't say specifically it had to be pop music but I kind of implied it. That's just what I have in mind when I think of "4T music".

—Mark Twain

'98 Millennial
Taramarie, as usual, "you've been thinking too much."

I'm neutral on that song; we'll see what else they do.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Well done by an up and coming young artist. One of the best songs of 2012.

Nice one from 2014
https://youtu.be/IXCSnYhwiwg

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Here is Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off", the lead single from her newest album 1989 and the first single she released after she "officially went pop". A lot of the music from that album emulates her birthyear, so it might have some 80s vibe to it. It's a pretty upbeat song reminding people to forget about the haters and not to let people criticize you. This is one of Taylor Swift's biggest hits, reaching number-one on the Billboard Hot 100 for four weeks in 2014.

—Mark Twain

'98 Millennial
(08-02-2016, 11:18 PM)MillsT_98 Wrote: Here is Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off", the lead single from her newest album 1989 and the first single she released after she "officially went pop". A lot of the music from that album emulates her birthyear, so it might have some 80s vibe to it. It's a pretty upbeat song reminding people to forget about the haters and not to let people criticize you. This is one of Taylor Swift's biggest hits, reaching number-one on the Billboard Hot 100 for four weeks in 2014.

I'd say. 1,570,000,000 views.

Let's see the actual video.....

Good advice for Taramarie.

And me.

Meanwhile, it appears Taylor has "shaken off" her country roots.

I can't say for sure if it's any better than the pop hits Taramarie likes from the 90s.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Pretty good; nifty sounds and melody; uplifting message for our times! From 2012. So far, I'm most informed about that 4T year, more than the others.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(08-02-2016, 11:47 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(08-02-2016, 11:30 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(08-02-2016, 11:18 PM)MillsT_98 Wrote: Here is Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off", the lead single from her newest album 1989 and the first single she released after she "officially went pop". A lot of the music from that album emulates her birthyear, so it might have some 80s vibe to it. It's a pretty upbeat song reminding people to forget about the haters and not to let people criticize you. This is one of Taylor Swift's biggest hits, reaching number-one on the Billboard Hot 100 for four weeks in 2014.

And me.

I can't say for sure if it's any better than the pop hits Taramarie likes from the 90s.

Yes you sure could "shake off" that chip on your shoulder for certain music and let live. Bring to life that 2T message of peace. You do not get that by berating people for what they like.

This again? I don't want this argument on this thread. Keep it on the other thread if you have to lash out at each other.

—Mark Twain

'98 Millennial
(08-03-2016, 12:04 AM)MillsT_98 Wrote:

And me.

Yes you sure could "shake off" that chip on your shoulder for certain music and let live. Bring to life that 2T message of peace. You do not get that by berating people for what they like.

This again? I don't want this argument on this thread. Keep it on the other thread if you have to lash out at each other.

Oh no, not on that other thread either! Smile

Berating music you don't like has its place. Opinions count, and expressing them is what it's all about. That's not berating any person. But not really too much on this thread. Which I didn't, here. This is about the best ever, and so are the other two threads. But the 2T vs. 3T music thread might be a more appropo place.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(08-02-2016, 11:51 PM)taramarie Wrote:

And me.

As for whether it is better than pop hits from the 90s that i like....it is the same upbeat, dancable and happy music i love it. We need something like this more than ever. Something that puts a smile on your face. That is what matters when you need a temporary escape.

Not knocking that. I think to be "the best" might require more than that. But the Swift song is OK for a "best of the 4T," I guess. Probably not in my opinion, but I'm glad to be reminded of the song; I'm sure I knew of it before.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(08-03-2016, 01:34 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(08-03-2016, 01:25 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(08-03-2016, 12:04 AM)MillsT_98 Wrote:
(08-02-2016, 11:30 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Let's see the actual video.....

And me.

Oh no, not on that other thread either! Smile

Berating music you don't like has its place. Opinions count, and expressing them is what it's all about. That's not berating any person. But not really too much on this thread. Which I didn't, here. This is about the best ever, and so are the other two threads. But the 2T vs. 3T music thread might be a more appropo place.

You can say you do not like certain music. I have no issue with that. I do it too. But you certainly go further than that.

Nope, I don't.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(08-03-2016, 02:05 AM)taramarie Wrote: Example: "Noise is for boys" That is the current insult to anyone who likes what you consider noise.
I deleted it, so I didn't say it.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Hey, look at all these new beliebers!

Published on Jan 6, 2016
It took us awhile but we're now Beliebers! That's it that's all - if you don't sing along, we can't help you. Happy New Year!

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Gabrielle posted Tori Amos' early 1991 album in the lost years thread. She is still recording, and her "Night of Hunters" album is based around classical influences.

https://youtu.be/s7LP3_WHK2Q Nautical Twilight

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_of_Hunters

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
High School Musical 3, "Can I Have This Dance," Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron (Oct 2008)

Breakin Free

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Schoo...enior_Year

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
More of Scott Bradlee's Postmodern Jukebox.  Channeling Peggy Lee there...

Though I like the original song too.  I listened to a couple of other songs by Meghan Trainor and I didn't care for them as much, though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the best songs ever: the lost years gabrielle 340 267,531 08-22-2021, 03:12 AM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  the best songs ever Eric the Green 642 396,835 06-25-2021, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Eric the Green