Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If The Russians Engineered a Trump Victory
Cold War Daily?
(03-14-2017, 07:31 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(03-14-2017, 07:12 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: An interesting, non-partisan, and open minded perspective:

http://www.michaeldsellers.com/blog/2017...ew-normal/

'Does Trump even favor the perpetuation of that “American led liberal democratic world order” that we have been working to build since WWII — or is he against it? His “America first” populism, his denigration of NATO and the UN, all of this suggests that he’s not really in favor it. But is this a truly carefully thought out position? Does he understand what will be lost if we let this slip away? Is it a position that Americans who voted for Trump truly want? Trump framed it as “America first” but what if that means abandoning the post WWII global structure in which America is first among a functioning coalition of western democracies? Is Trump ready to jettison that entire structure in favor if … what?'

#RagsNationalism

Uh, when will this guy give an equal hearing to the PTB that are fucking things up already?

1. Corporate America
a. Exports jobs
b. pays pissant wages
c. treats employees like slaves.  You got that fucking Amazon, yes you.   Fuck you Amazon!
2. The MIC
a. Why are you spying on us Americans.  That is not your fucking job.
b. Your budget needs to be .25 of what is is now.  We need healthcare, infrastructure spending, and basic research
c. I don't think you need 100 bases strewn to the 4 winds.  Empire sux.
3. US oligopolies.
a. Big Phama:  I can't buy cheap drugs overseas because y'all bribed The Feds.
b. Big Oil:  I'm tired of spending my money to protect your stuff. We need an oil import fee charged on each barrel of imported oil to pay for that and make the real costs of your shit match that of domestic production/green energy
c. Big Insurance.  .... Just fucking die, already.  A bunch of useless paper shufflers y'all are.
4. Big Tech:  <-  I think Putin's bribing y'all.  Just look at all of those IOT/Ishits that are so easy, basement dwellers can hack 'em.

Like this:  http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2...racked-use     Big Grin

Yup, quite so.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(03-14-2017, 08:14 PM)SomeGuy Wrote: Cold War Daily?

Yeah someone didn't get the memo that the USSR collapsed in 1991.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
Quote:this one is a Russian trollery classic going way, way back ... we're talking early FreeRepublic

So what you're saying is that your pissing and moaning about those peskie Ruskies on the internet long predates anything concerning the Trump administration that might have legitimately precipitated it?
(03-15-2017, 11:43 AM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 10:51 AM)SomeGuy Wrote:
Quote:this one is a Russian trollery classic going way, way back ... we're talking early FreeRepublic

So what you're saying is that your pissing and moaning about those peskie Ruskies on the internet long predates anything concerning the Trump administration that might have legitimately precipitated it?

In the early days of FreeRepublic there were Russian trolls who would issue those sorts of epithets any time there was a negative article about Russia posted, or a commenter made a negative comment. It was an early example of Russian trollery. Back when many on the Alt Right were still in Jr. High or HS.

That's a "yes", then.  Good thing that Y2K thing didn't really pan out, the Commies would have gotten us for sure. Wink
I'm starting to think there's something in the water out in CA. I mean I know fluoride can be used to lower IQ, so that might explain Eric, but I'm not aware of a connection to paranoid schizophrenia.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
Was it an ad hominem argument?  Looked more like mere invective to me.  Do you know the difference between the two?
(03-15-2017, 02:19 PM)SomeGuy Wrote: Was it an ad hominem argument?  Looked more like mere invective to me.  Do you know the difference between the two?

Obviously not since the sentence in question was not phrased in argument format.

(03-15-2017, 01:10 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: I'm starting to think there's something in the water out in CA. I mean I know fluoride can be used to lower IQ, so that might explain Eric, but I'm not aware of a connection to paranoid schizophrenia.

You may have a point about that but I am pretty sure that most of Eric the Obtuse's IQ loss is self-inflicted.  The consequence of certain recreational pharmaceuticals he used in the sixties and seventies.   As for Alphabet you are witnessing an advanced case of Trump Derangement Syndrome.  To the best of my knowledge there is no cure.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises
(03-15-2017, 03:32 PM)Galen Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 01:10 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: I'm starting to think there's something in the water out in CA. I mean I know fluoride can be used to lower IQ, so that might explain Eric, but I'm not aware of a connection to paranoid schizophrenia.

You may have a point about that but I am pretty sure that most of Eric the Obtuse's IQ loss is self-inflicted.  The consequence of certain recreational pharmaceuticals he used in the sixties and seventies.   As for Alphabet you are witnessing an advanced case of Trump Derangement Syndrome.  To the best of my knowledge there is no cure.

Hey, I've dropped acid once or twice and I turned out fine. 

*looks around needily*

Right?  Tongue 

As for Alphabet, I am pretty sure his TDS has only exacerbated an existing condition.  He was pretty hardcore paranoid about Russia/China when I got here.
(03-15-2017, 03:37 PM)SomeGuy Wrote:

*looks around needily*

Right?  Tongue 

As for Alphabet, I am pretty sure his TDS has only exacerbated an existing condition.  He was pretty hardcore paranoid about Russia/China when I got here.

China has been far more aggressive lately than Russia is.  Truth is if it wasn't for Syria and Ukraine Alphabet would really have to be looking for something to bitch about where Russia was concerned.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises

Possible.  Alphabet does have all the symptoms of TDS, but I don't think I've ever seen a case this bad.

Eric, possible again.  I think what happened there is that he started off with not much and ruined what he had.  I generally find that those who go on about how smart they are really aren't all that smart at all.  Usually its related to some self-esteem thingumabob.  Those who are confident in their own intelligence don't feel the need to tell others about it.  They merely demonstrate it and move on.

(03-15-2017, 03:37 PM)SomeGuy Wrote:

*looks around needily*

Right?  Tongue 

Some people get a good glimpse of enlightenment on acid and shift their world view. That benefit did not obviously accrue to you.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(03-15-2017, 02:12 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:

Blah ... blah ... blah ...

Ad hom = predictable and borrrrrrrring .....

Thumbdown

Pretty much describes most of kinser's posts.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(03-15-2017, 10:26 AM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: "Hey Alphabet Soup .... seein' Commies under your bed? .... forget to take your meds? [this one is a Russian trollery classic going way, way back ... we're talking early FreeRepublic] ..... your tin foil hat need adjustment?"

Blah, blah. I mock scoundrels, criminals and scum.

And now, for something real:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/nat...6d38bfe8f0

<snip>

Heheheheheheeheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh.     Yeah, man, Ruskie's here, there, everywhere, with... the fire, the Big fire, man.....  Here yah go, man

---Value Added Cool
Center For American Progress article: Russia’s 5th Column
#MakeTheDemocratsGreatAgain
(03-15-2017, 11:00 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

Thumbdown

Something in the water in CA?  Doesn't that belong on the Big Lie thread?  Do you think that one comes from Breitbart, Trump, or perhaps he made it up himself?
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
(03-14-2017, 10:26 PM)Kinser79 Wrote:

Russia has a dictatorial regime hostile to democracy anywhere.

What Lenin, Stalin, Khrushchev, Brezhnev, Andropov, and Chernenko dreamed of doing and all failed at -- installing a regime similarly undemocratic and obedient to the interests of the Kremlin in the USA... Putin has succeeded in doing.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(03-19-2017, 01:11 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 11:00 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

Thumbdown

Something in the water in CA?  Doesn't that belong on the Big Lie thread?  Do you think that one comes from Breitbart, Trump, or perhaps he made it up himself?

I'd have more concern about someone living in Flint, Michigan. The only safe dose of soluble lead in water is zero.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(03-20-2017, 03:38 AM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(03-14-2017, 10:26 PM)Kinser79 Wrote:

Russia has a dictatorial regime hostile to democracy anywhere.

What Lenin, Stalin, Khrushchev, Brezhnev, Andropov, and Chernenko dreamed of doing and all failed at -- installing a regime similarly undemocratic and obedient to the interests of the Kremlin in the USA... Putin has succeeded in doing.

Cool theory bro, but there's one problem.  I don't think the Russians want a democracy.  If they did they'd have one.  On top of that I don't think a country with a GDP less than Italy's is a problem for any of the EU countries unless we're talking like Slovakia or some god forsaken postage stamp country in Europe.

Also how did Putin install Trump?  Did he mind control most of the states going for him?  Did he use some sort of radio wave thingy?  Seriously PBR you're not usually into tin-foil hat theories.  You should leave that to the experts like Alphabet.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rachel Maddow lied about the Russians placing bounties on American soldiers in Afghan Einzige 0 716 04-17-2021, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Einzige