Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Bad Apples" of each generation
(12-27-2021, 11:24 PM)galaxy Wrote: You are neglecting the fact that the world is not on a unified cycle.

For example, Putin and Kim are both Nomad, and Ceaușescu was on the edge between Artist and Prophet.

You can't apply American generations to other countries. Even those on the same general cycle as us don't match exactly. Canada's 4T could have begun as late as 2015, seven years after the US's.

I agree with you. American generations don’t apply to other countries, hence why I put “and Foreign Peers” at the heading of each generation.

I myself am not American, and I don’t apply these labels to myself, but since S&H have “Prominent Foreign Peers” section in their works, that is what I am doing.

Putin is NOT a “Baby Boomer” and Kim Jong Un is NOT a “Millennial” (North Korea has absolutely nothing in common with other countries, it is just stupid to apply these labels to North Koreans, who grow up and live in an entirely different world to Americans) they just happen to be “prominent foreign peers” of these generations
(12-28-2021, 07:20 AM)Phantom Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 11:24 PM)galaxy Wrote: You are neglecting the fact that the world is not on a unified cycle.

For example, Putin and Kim are both Nomad, and Ceaușescu was on the edge between Artist and Prophet.

You can't apply American generations to other countries. Even those on the same general cycle as us don't match exactly. Canada's 4T could have begun as late as 2015, seven years after the US's.

I agree with you. American generations don’t apply to other countries, hence why I put “and Foreign Peers” at the heading of each generation.

I myself am not American, and I don’t apply these labels to myself, but since S&H have “Prominent Foreign Peers” section in their works, that is what I am doing.

Putin is NOT a “Baby Boomer” and Kim Jong Un is NOT a “Millennial” (North Korea has absolutely nothing in common with other countries, it is just stupid to apply these labels to North Koreans, who grow up and live in an entirely different world to Americans) they just happen to be “prominent foreign peers” of these generations

There is a reasonable arguemnt that countries like North Korea have no cycle at all.  The dull repeteive sameness of life seems to be so imprinted that few of the citizens have the mental wherewithal to strike-off in a newish direction.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
Still, I'd take off the elected officials and cultural figures who are simply controversial. Murder, embezzlement, and the destruction or denial of civil liberties is not controversial; such are evil.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Allen Ginsberg (1926-1997) great guy! Not a bad apple.
Bill and Hillary? Far from perfect, but not bad.
Mumia Abu Jamal (b 1954) questionable
Cory Booker (b 1969) ha ha, NO! take him off the list

Except for Kyle, and some of the Xer-agers like the Columbine shooters and a few of the 9-11 hijackers, I don't know hardly any of those on your list younger than Boomers age. I guess Phantom you keep up with evil better than I do Wink

I would add Alex Jones and Roger Stone.

I agree with brower, controversial figures are not necessarily evil bad seed.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
You can take Margaret Thatcher off that list, too. So you dislike her ideology? At least she didn't murder people, consign dissidents and rivals to prison, or rob her country.. "Prime Minister of the UK" is one of the most powerful positions in the world,

Contrast Ne Win (c. 1910-2002), dictator of the thug military regime of Burma.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Sports disgrace: Arnold "Chick" Gandil (1888-1970), mastermind of the 1919 Black Sox scandal
Ty Cobb (1886-1963) -- for sheer viciousness as a baseball player.
Diego Maradona (1960-2020) -- the "Bad Boy of Soccer"
Billy Martin (1928-1989) -- baseball player and manager known for fights
Mike Tyson (1966-) -- boxer. Lost a match by biting the ear of Evander Holyfield.

Arnold Rothstein (1882-1928), corrupt gambler who promoted the Black Sox scandal

(12-29-2021, 07:23 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Allen Ginsberg (1926-1997) great guy! Not a bad apple.
Bill and Hillary? Far from perfect, but not bad.
Mumia Abu Jamal (b 1954) questionable
Cory Booker (b 1969) ha ha, NO! take him off the list

Except for Kyle, and some of the Xer-agers like the Columbine shooters and a few of the 9-11 hijackers, I don't know hardly any of those on your list younger than Boomers age. I guess Phantom you keep up with evil better than I do Wink

I would add Alex Jones and Roger Stone.

I agree with brower, controversial figures are not necessarily evil bad seed.

I need to revise this list for sure. I created this three years ago and a lot of things (as well as my views) have changed since then.
It looks as if we can add Ghislaine Maxwell to the list of very bad apples after she has been convicted of five of six major charges involving sex trafficking with minors.

(12-29-2021, 08:54 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Sports disgrace: Arnold "Chick" Gandil (1888-1970), mastermind of the 1919 Black Sox scandal
Ty Cobb (1886-1963) -- for sheer viciousness as a baseball player.
Diego Maradona  (1960-2020) -- the "Bad Boy of Soccer"
Billy Martin (1928-1989) -- baseball player and manager known for fights
Mike Tyson (1966-) -- boxer. Lost a match by biting the ear of Evander Holyfield.

Arnold Rothstein (1882-1928), corrupt gambler who promoted the Black Sox scandal

Jack Tatum (1948-2010) is another "bad apple" in sports. He was infamous for being a hard hitter, most notably with the incident that left Darryl Stingley paralyzed (this maybe why he is not in the NFL Hall of Fame).
Sergei Nilus (1862-1929), Russian mystic who wrote the infamous screed Protocols of the Elders of Zion, also known as the Protocols of the Learned Elders , which purported to expose a Jewish world conspiracy of world domination. It's laughable now among intellectually-sophisticated people*, but such people as the Nazis took it seriously and used it as 'educational' material about Jews. 

Henry Ford (1863-1947): great industrialist, but really a nasty person for thuggish management and publishing The International Jew, one of the most vicious tracts of antisemitism.  

Madison Grant (1865-1937) "scientific" racist, promoted a genteel Negrophobia that may have done as much damage as the cruder, cross-burning type.  

Lothrop Stoddard (1883-1950): "academic" racist and eugenicist, had influence upon Nazi racial theories. He was a consultant to the dangerous Second KKK.

Ferenc Szálasi (1897-1945): Nazi puppet ruler of Hungary's fascistic Arrow Cross Party that wasted Hungarian troops in a futile effort to protect Nazi Germany and savaged the Hungarian Jewish population with massacres and deportations, putting an end to their comparative safety.

Not related to these:

Grigori Rasputin (1869-1916): Russian mystic, completely immoral "monk" who corrupted the Romanov court and weakened the ability of the Tsarist government to meet social and military pressures.  

*Conspiracies are ineffective ways to achieve what one wants done. Effective people find other ways in which to get done what they want done. They are usually for schmucks who fail to reflect the precarious complexity of their schemes that makes them vulnerable to participants who will sell out others to save their necks when law enforcement starts making inquiries, as in the wake of a suspicious death and an insurance payout.

(12-30-2021, 04:30 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Henry Ford (1863-1947): great industrialist, but really a nasty person for thuggish management and publishing The International Jew, one of the most vicious tracts of antisemitism.  

Madison Grant (1865-1937) "scientific" racist, promoted a genteel Negrophobia that may have done as much damage as the cruder, cross-burning type.  

Lothrop Stoddard (1883-1950): "academic" racist and eugenicist, had influence upon Nazi racial theories. He was a consultant to the dangerous Second KKK.

Ferenc Szálasi (1897-1945): Nazi puppet ruler of Hungary's fascistic Arrow Cross Party that wasted Hungarian troops in a futile effort to protect Nazi Germany and savaged the Hungarian Jewish population with massacres and deportations, putting an end to their comparative safety.

All of them have been added.

I have a new version of this thread:

http://generational-theory.com/forum/thread-19863.html
Quote:James Alex Fields (b. 1997)
XXXTentacion (b. 1998)
Nikolas Cruz (b. 1998)
Thomas Rousseau (b. 1998)
Trippie Redd (b. 1999)
Anissa Weier (b. 2001)
Morgan Geyser (b. 2002)
Danielle Bregoli (b. 2003)
these are all third wave millennials. 

Quote:Kaia James (b. 2006)
actually a zoomer
ammosexual
reluctant millennial
I could have added a raft of gangsters (Gambino, Lucchese, Bonanno, Luciano [and I don't mean Pavarotti), Lansky... Lepke Buchalter was convicted of murder in gangland and was sentenced to death and electrocuted in Sing Sing, but he seems to have been no worse than the others. Murder, Incorporated could offer some really bad folks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A revised list of the "bad apples" of every generation Ghost 16 6,312 01-15-2023, 10:49 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Name people who were anomalies for their generation disasterzone 69 48,963 01-08-2023, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  My Specific Presidential Generation Range (s) Theory Cocoa_Puff 10 4,950 09-01-2022, 05:20 AM
  The Lost Generation: Not Gone Yet! Anthony '58 3 1,170 08-31-2022, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  What do you think are the major pros/cons of each current generation? JasonBlack 51 11,601 06-14-2022, 11:47 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  What If Everyone Born from 1967 to 1991 is Generation X? Victorian Jim Dandy 10 3,365 05-27-2022, 03:24 PM
  Most Useless Famous People of Each Generation JasonBlack 13 3,374 03-06-2022, 02:40 PM
  Entertainers by Generation GeekyCynic 4 1,507 02-20-2022, 01:07 AM
  Anti-generation-ers jleagans 3 2,619 12-16-2020, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Cocoa_Puff
  Each Generation's Name (since Revolutionary Saeculum) Ranked Camz 33 15,463 05-29-2020, 03:01 AM
Last Post: Blazkovitz