Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Election 2020
270towin polling averages in key states.
https://www.270towin.com/content/2020-pr...te-polling
Sept.20, 6:30 PM EDT

AZ Biden +6.6
CO Biden +10.6
FL Biden +2.2
GA Trump +0.6
IA Trump +2.0
ME Biden +17.3
ME CD 2 Biden +5.5
MI Biden +7.8
MN Biden +9.4
MO Trump +8
MT Trump +6
NC Biden +2.2
NV Biden +4.5
OH Trump +0.5
PA Biden +5
TX Trump +1.5
WI Biden +6.5
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(09-20-2020, 05:02 PM)Isoko Wrote: Geez, now Trump has said he would like to sign an executive order banning Biden from running for president. Now that is not right. Look, I don't like Biden and think he is a very weak candidate but that just draws the line for me. It is a democratic election and stating you'd like the other guy banned from running is just not right.

Disqualifying the opponent after the votes are in or are about to come in? That would be new.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(09-20-2020, 06:34 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 05:02 PM)Isoko Wrote: Geez, now Trump has said he would like to sign an executive order banning Biden from running for president. Now that is not right. Look, I don't like Biden and think he is a very weak candidate but that just draws the line for me. It is a democratic election and stating you'd like the other guy banned from running is just not right.

Disqualifying the opponent after the votes are in or are about to come in? That would be new.
Biden is the first senile (it's blatantly obvious) Presidential candidate running for office we've ever seen. By all right's,  he shouldn't be running for President of The United States. In a way, I'd like to see Trump do it too (wishful thinking). I mean, it's going to be ugly to watch a senile old man making a complete fool of himself on national TV. I hate to say this, the integrity of the Democratic party is at an all time low which is why Trump can do what he does without getting into trouble. A hallowed out party or banana republic with no core values or principles has no integrity that's mainly held together by federal funding and social programs (bureaucratic systems) and judicial activism/social justice and fear/violence isn't going to last long or end well either.
Wishful thinking being expressed by Donald Trump.
(09-21-2020, 12:27 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
Wishful thinking being expressed by Donald Trump.

Yes. That is not how it is done. You would have thought Putin could have explained it. You hold an election properly and on schedule, make sure your own loyalists are counting the votes, then you have your opponent poisoned. Not a traditionalist, Trump. Wink
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
Eric, 

Yes, Trump said this at one of his rallies on live TV. I was actually shocked to hear the president of the United States even suggesting such a thing. What is even worse is that his loyalists actually screamed in support at the statement. 

Whether or not you like Joe Biden, he still has the right to run for office. That is Democracy.
ClassicX, 

It dosent matter. You cannot in a Democratic election say you would like to sign an executive order to ban the other guy from running. Especially if you are the president. 

Eric is right. Presidents in the past have been impeached for less. A whole lot less. Nixon barely did anything or said anything wrong compared to what Trump is doing. I see Eric and the other boomers point on here with this one.
(09-21-2020, 12:18 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(09-20-2020, 06:34 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:

Disqualifying the opponent after the votes are in or are about to come in? That would be new.*

Biden is the first senile (it's blatantly obvious) Presidential candidate running for office we've ever seen.

Are you sure about Donald Trump not being senile? 

Quote:By all rights,  he shouldn't be running for President of The United States.

He still won the nomination the honest way. He will, I presume, win the Presidency without any question of corruption of the process. Obviously with any President we take risks with mental deterioration from organic disease. The system worked well with Ronald Reagan, who really did go senile while President, because the President had good people around him who could take on Presidential roles while limiting the President, toward the end at least, to a largely ceremonial role of saying platitudes and signing documents that he might not have fully understood anymore, but under the guidance of people that Americans could largely trust. This said, the character of Ronald Reagan as a coachable and trusting person made such possible. Even if Donald Trump has much the same ideology he is a headstrong, abrasive person who will not let others do that even for the good of America. Donald Trump is nearly pure ego, and that makes him dangerous. 

I see Joe Biden more similar to Ronald Reagan in humility, wise selection of assistants (probably better!), and able to avoid insulting people. Note well that Obama's people are well rested... and if necessary they can come back in powerful roles if needed, in part because they have no scandals linked to them. 

If you are wondering about the obvious: I expect Joe Biden to be a one-term President because he will see know how the stresses operate on someone who crosses age 80 while President.  

Quote:In a way, I'd like to see Trump do it too (wishful thinking). I mean, it's going to be ugly to watch a senile old man making a complete fool of himself on national TV.

Donald Trump has the worst traits combined in senility and failure to mature. I've seen this in heavy drinkers toward the ends of their lives. I understand that tertiary syphilis is much like that. Considering that Trump has had a reckless sex life in the past, and that cruelty and delusional thought both go with tertiary syphilis I would not be especially surprised. I am not saying that he has tertiary syphilis, but I can think of one leader who had it: Vladimir Lenin. He died of it rather young, in the prime for most political careers. 

Quote:I hate to say this, the integrity of the Democratic party is at an all time low which is why Trump can do what he does without getting into trouble.

No, this time the Democratic Party seems to be taking on the virtues that Republicans once typically claimed lacking in Democrats. Joe Biden is a man of faith; he is conservative in his family life and overall behavior; he respects our current and former soldiers, airmen, sailors, and Marines. In most elections such is true of both the Democratic and Republican nominees. This time, Donald Trump has shown himself a godless rake who holds people not 'smart' enough to dodge the draft as he did as 'losers'. I cannot say this from personal experience, but military life implies dangers and hardships that settled adults would not take readily. 

He may avoid personal trouble for some of his verbal outrages, for attempting to blackmail the President of Ukraine into announcing an investigation into the business dealings of Hunter Biden in an effort to discredit the President's most likely challenger, and of course his catastrophic handling of COVID-19, which has now killed about as many people as the population of Grand Rapids (just over 200,000). That is the hometown of the late President Gerald R. Ford, who would have never made those same mistakes.

Part of leadership is insistence upon rational solutions to big problems even if the exploitation of popular animus and superstition  ls catastrophic in consequences even if politically convenient.

Quote:A hallowed out party or banana republic with no core values or principles has no integrity that's mainly held together by federal funding and social programs (bureaucratic systems) and judicial activism/social justice and fear/violence isn't going to last long or end well either.

Wrong. Democrats stand on the whole for science over superstition and wishful thinking, learning over ignorance, integrity over corruption, respect for people in difficult conditions over contempt for such people, ethnic equity -- and lesser concentration of wealth, opportunity, and power. I look at Donald Trump and I see his slogan "Make America Great Again" and wonder what is so great about, for example, being black in "Kukluxistan". The one thing that I see better in the past was more equality of opportunity to prosper without being part of the elite of tycoons, executives, big rural landowners, large-scale urban landlords, or organized crime. Bad innovations such as cronyism and corruption deserve quick deaths, thank you.   

*You missed the point. Disqualifying votes because they come from an opponent would have much the same effect as unanimous or near-unanimous elections and plebiscites in the Soviet Union, the Third Reich, North Korea, and Iraq under Satan Hussein. The batty Nicolae Ceausescu won such an election in Romania just a few months before he was overthrown in a popular revolution.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(09-21-2020, 12:18 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: Biden is the first senile (it's blatantly obvious) Presidential candidate running for office we've ever seen. By all right's,  he shouldn't be running for President of The United States.

Actually, we've had several. Reagan's last run certainly qualifies, and Woodrow Wilson's may have as well. The most recent was in 2016, and Mr. Senility won. BTW, he's running again.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(09-21-2020, 12:24 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 12:18 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: Biden is the first senile (it's blatantly obvious) Presidential candidate running for office we've ever seen. By all right's,  he shouldn't be running for President of The United States.

Actually, we've had several.  Reagan's last run certainly qualifies, and Woodrow Wilson's may have as well. The most recent was in 2016, and Mr. Senility won. BTW, he's running again.

Yeah, BTW! Biden is speaking well now and not stumbling over his words. I don't know why, but his senility is no longer blatantly obvious. I'm not so sure about you Classic Xer, as your ideas and values are totally sclerotic.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Fivethirtyeight vote % averages for Sept.21, 3 PM EDT
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pol.../national/

National Biden +6.9

Arizona Biden +4.5
Colorado Biden +9.9
Florida Biden +2.0
Georgia Trump +1.0
Iowa Trump +1.8
Kansas Trump +9.6
Michigan Biden +7.6
Minnesota Biden +9.1
Missouri Trump +6.9
Montana Trump +8.2
Nevada Biden +5.5
New Hampshire Biden +6.6
North Carolina Biden +1.2
Ohio Trump +1.5
Pennsylvania Biden +4.6
South Carolina Trump +7.1
Texas Trump +0.8
Virginia Biden +11
Wisconsin Biden +6.6

Map from 270 to win, using fivethirtyeight polls and 270towin designations where there are no polls. +-3% toss-up in gray. 3-9% leaning, 9-15% likely, 15+ solid, blue=Dem red=Rep. Arkansas as leaning Republican.

[Image: NnwDA]

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(09-21-2020, 03:33 AM)Isoko Wrote: Eric, 

Yes, Trump said this at one of his rallies on live TV. I was actually shocked to hear the president of the United States even suggesting such a thing. What is even worse is that his loyalists actually screamed in support at the statement. 

Whether or not you like Joe Biden, he still has the right to run for office. That is Democracy.
I bet if Biden was evaluated, he wouldn't be able (mentally fit) to run for President. Biden is just a viable means for the Left to obtain the presidency at this point. I'd say most if not everyone in the country pretty much knows Biden is mentally unfit for office by now. So, it's just a matter of proving it beyond all doubt at this point. In a way, I feel bad for Biden.

Actually, we've had several.  Reagan's last run certainly qualifies, and Woodrow Wilson's may have as well. The most recent was in 2016, and Mr. Senility won. BTW, he's running again.
Reagan didn't start showing some obvious signs until the end of his second term. Woodrow Wilson doesn't matter today. I'm sorry but Trump is still pretty sharp and able to think on his feet and still pretty energetic as well.
(09-21-2020, 01:49 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

Yeah, BTW! Biden is speaking well now and not stumbling over his words. I don't know why, but his senility is no longer blatantly obvious. I'm not so sure about you Classic Xer, as your ideas and values are totally sclerotic.
He's not being seriously challenged or forced to adlib and go off script.
(09-21-2020, 05:17 AM)Isoko Wrote: ClassicX, 

It dosent matter. You cannot in a Democratic election say you would like to sign an executive order to ban the other guy from running. Especially if you are the president. 

Eric is right. Presidents in the past have been impeached for less. A whole lot less. Nixon barely did anything or said anything wrong compared to what Trump is doing. I see Eric and the other boomers point on here with this one.
Dude, we can say whatever we want in this country and agree with whatever we want in this country. Yes. Eric is right. Trump was recently impeached for less and I wouldn't be surprised to see him impeached again by the Democrats in Congress before they leave office. You must be young or wet behind the ears to see what Trump said as troublesome. Me, I had a large group of Left wing rioters and looters and some protestors raising hell less than two miles away from my home which was way more troublesome. I'm glad they got smart and decided it was wise to turn around or I may have had to shoot some of them.
(09-21-2020, 03:53 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:

Dude, we can say whatever we want in this country and agree with whatever we want in this country. Yes. Eric is right. Trump was recently impeached for less and I wouldn't be surprised to see him impeached again by the Democrats in Congress before they leave office. You must be young or wet behind the ears to see what Trump said as troublesome. Me, I had a large group of Left wing rioters and looters and some protestors raising hell less than two miles away from my home which was way more troublesome. I'm glad they got smart and decided it was wise to turn around or I may have had to shoot some of them.

Dude, you are free to be very wrong. You have no right to turn your beliefs into the reality that others know without winning consent.

You are free to believe that the Earth is flat.

(09-21-2020, 04:15 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Dude, you are free to be very wrong. You have no right to turn your beliefs into the reality that others know without winning consent.

Someone may be free to believe the Earth Two is flat, but that doesn't mean the rest of us can't use GPS satellites counting on orbiting.  Enforcing odd beliefs so that the rest of us are impacted does remain a problem.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
(09-21-2020, 04:15 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:

Dude, you are free to be very wrong. You have no right to turn your beliefs into the reality that others know without winning consent.

True. I'm free to be wrong, you're free to be wrong and Isoko is free to be wrong too. I'm free to believe the Earth is round or flat and free to express it too. You're free to vote for Biden and elect Biden without my consent as well. Hell, you're even free to tell everyone that I believe the Earth is flat or tell everyone whatever I have to say about some black person on the Democratic side that you don't like or believe is true is racist or fascist too.
(09-21-2020, 05:09 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 04:15 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Dude, you are free to be very wrong. You have no right to turn your beliefs into the reality that others know without winning consent.

Someone may be free to believe the Earth Two is flat, but that doesn't mean the rest of us can't use GPS satellites counting on orbiting.  Enforcing odd beliefs so that the rest of us are impacted does remain a problem.

I am free to believe that a string quartet has seven players, but of course I would be wrong. I am free to confuse a cat with an octopus (although a mimic octopus could make itself look much like a cat if it had cause to do so, such an octopus is unlikely to ever meet a cat and imitate one). One of the tentacles might even come to resemble a feline tail and adopt a tabby coat color... if that would ever do it any good. 

Of course the mimic octopus is more likely to imitate creatures common to an area, and cats do not willingly go underwater.

(09-21-2020, 05:32 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 04:15 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:

True. I'm free to be wrong, you're free to be wrong and Isoko is free to be wrong too. I'm free to believe the Earth is round or flat and free to express it too. You're free to vote for Biden and elect Biden without my consent as well. Hell, you're even free to tell everyone that I believe the Earth is flat or tell everyone whatever I have to say about some black person on the Democratic side that you don't like or believe is true is racist or fascist too.

Given the level of reality denial that exists in the USA today, I would not be surprised if Classic Xer or some conspiracy wackos or Trump himself begins to claim that the Earth is flat.

I even have friends already, when asked to prove that contrails are chemtrails that have aluminum and barium deliberately inserted to poison the people and cause global warming, they point to the sky and say, see!

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Michigan plot, October 2020 pbrower2a 51 13,094 12-28-2022, 05:25 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  2021 general election pbrower2a 3 1,291 11-03-2021, 12:11 PM
  GOP Leader Defends Keeping Election Records Secret chairb 0 606 10-19-2021, 10:14 PM
Last Post: chairb
  Election Night 2020 thread pbrower2a 80 20,152 10-14-2021, 01:01 AM
  Presidential election, 2024 pbrower2a 0 796 06-13-2021, 03:08 PM
  Election 2020 Eric the Green 57 35,409 05-26-2021, 11:37 PM
  NJ mailman allegedly tossed 99 election ballots into dumpster Swingline 0 835 03-18-2021, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Swingline
  Election Turnout by Generations jleagans 6 3,599 12-21-2020, 01:49 AM
  If Trump loses the next election Mickey123 45 15,413 12-20-2020, 07:25 PM
  2020 Predictions JDG 66 67 23,491 11-05-2020, 10:00 AM