Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greta Thunberg - Civic or Artist?
(11-12-2019, 04:31 AM)Hintergrund Wrote: hey Teejay, are you Australian? Maybe it's just your family that's untypical. I always say, all people with shitty parents are a bit of a Nomad.

Yes I am an Australian, I admit while my family was very dysfunctional, that does not explain why a lot of peers (those born in the early to middle 1980s) are of a Nomad archetype. The only way I can explain this, is that Australia's last Awakening lasted all the way until 1989-90. Actually in much of the rest of the world, the last Awakening started about in 1968 and ended in 1989.
Greta Thunberg definitely belongs to the Artist archetype.

The "Artist" age of politics really ushered in during the aftermath of the Parkland shootings, which indisputably gave them an identity separate from that of the Hero archetype.
(11-21-2019, 10:11 PM)Ghost Wrote: Greta Thunberg definitely belongs to the Artist archetype.

The "Artist" age of politics really ushered in during the aftermath of the Parkland shootings, which indisputably gave them an identity separate from that of the Hero archetype.

So you see a fierce advocate as an Artist.  Why is that?  She fits the bill as a Prophet or even a Civic much better.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(11-21-2019, 10:11 PM)Ghost Wrote: Greta Thunberg definitely belongs to the Artist archetype.

Her personality aligns more with prophet than artist. She's partly prophet and partly civic in personality.

Only by using the Pew generation dates, which are not determined by generation traits but by demographics, and which reduce millennials to 15 years and also shorten Xers. Not reliable.

The Parkland kids are archetypal civics. In the wake of the shootings, millennial politics came of age. The climate change activists display the same.

Thunberg is a civic/artist cusper.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(11-22-2019, 05:16 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

Only by using the Pew generation dates, which are not determined by generation traits but by demographics, and which reduce millennials to 15 years and also shorten Xers. Not reliable.

The Parkland kids are archetypal civics. In the wake of the shootings, millennial politics came of age. The climate change activists display the same.

That sounds more like Columbine, which was definitely when Millennial/Civic politics came of age because a good chunk of them were in school then (1981-1993; 1981 is the odd one out because they're Nomads).

Parkland, similarly, was when Artist/Homelander politics came of age, as a good chunk of Homelanders were in school for the event (2000-2012).

Therefore, 1994-1999 is the Civic/Artist cusp because they weren't at school when either event took place.
(11-22-2019, 05:47 PM)Ghost Wrote:

That sounds more like Columbine, which was definitely when Millennial/Civic politics came of age because a good chunk of them were in school then (1981-1993; 1981 is the odd one out because they're Nomads).

Parkland, similarly, was when Artist/Homelander politics came of age, as a good chunk of Homelanders were in school for the event (2000-2012).

Therefore, 1994-1999 is the Civic/Artist cusp because they weren't at school when either event took place.

But they were in school for other school shootings.

Seems like in both cases, one when the first millennials were coming of age, and another when later ones were, was the same stimulus to take the same kind of civic action. In the latter case, it's even more intense and the result is more civic participation.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(11-22-2019, 10:59 PM)AspieMillennial Wrote:

But they were in school for other school shootings.

True, but the Columbine shooting and the Parkland shooting were both key events for the generations that were involved in them.

The former was when Millennials/Civics started to make an impact in the world, whereas the latter was when Homelanders/Artists started to make an impact in the world.
But the Silent generation stuck out just because they did NOT protest when McCarthy happened. The bald chick's definitely Millennial too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Homelander/New Artist kids during quarantine GeekyCynic 8 909 07-28-2020, 04:54 PM
Last Post: sbarrera
  E-People: Civic/Hero or Artist? Ghost 12 955 06-05-2020, 03:12 AM
Last Post: Blazkovitz