Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E-People: Civic/Hero or Artist?
When I mean e-people, I am referring to e-boys/e-girls.

I know it is kind of an exclusively Gen Z trend, as pretty much no one born in around 1997 and earlier got into the fad. But Gen Z isn't the same thing as Homelanders obviously.

The peak e-person is probably born in around 2002, which is generally seen as the last Civic/Hero year on this website.
I'm pretty sure this is a zoomer thing now. If you think zoomers are adaptives, then that's what they are.
Zoomers are a cusp between pure Civic (Millennial) and pure artist (Homelander or what Pew calls gen Alpha)
What is this about?
The real issue seems to be a lack of good names for the new generations. Is it because nobody has done much?
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
(06-02-2020, 07:39 AM)Tim Randal Walker Wrote: What is this about?

If you ddg "e person" or "eboy" or "egirl", you'll learn more than you ever wanted.
(06-02-2020, 09:51 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: The real issue seems to be a lack of good names for the new generations.  Is it because nobody has done much?

Howe and Strauss originally suggested "New Silent" for kids born in the early part of the 21st century and "New Boom" for kids born toward the conclusion of the Crisis of 2020 and later.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

They'll come up with a name eventually. Gen X was known as "Baby Busters" until we were well into our 20's. I heard one joking name for the New Silents as "Coronialls".
(06-03-2020, 09:35 AM)LPDec63 Wrote: They'll come up with a name eventually.  Gen X was known as "Baby Busters" until we were well into our 20's.  I heard one joking name for the New Silents as "Coronialls".

Survivors?  At least they get credit for doing something?  We boomers got named because there were a lot of us, not for protesting during the awakening.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
(06-04-2020, 12:08 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(06-03-2020, 09:35 AM)LPDec63 Wrote: They'll come up with a name eventually.  Gen X was known as "Baby Busters" until we were well into our 20's.  I heard one joking name for the New Silents as "Coronialls".

Survivors?  At least they get credit for doing something?  We boomers got named because there were a lot of us, not for protesting during the awakening.

We could be all Biblical, and apply: "As they act, so shall we know them".  It's how the Silents got their gen name, and the next gen needing a name is their direct replacement.  Adaptives tend to much less flashy than any of the other three gens, so perhaps that's fitting.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(06-04-2020, 12:08 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:

I always thought you guys got the name because you BOOM a lot.  And it's also a great contrast with the Silents that you followed.  But also, yes you were part of a baby boom.
(06-02-2020, 11:04 AM)Warren Dew Wrote: If you ddg "e person" or "eboy" or "egirl", you'll learn more than you ever wanted.

I said emo will come back Tongue

LPDec63 Wrote:They'll come up with a name eventually. Gen X was known as "Baby Busters" until we were well into our 20's. I heard one joking name for the New Silents as "Coronialls".

Coronials is a fun name, it could stick.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Artist kids now have their own superhero team GeekyCynic 9 5,130 01-05-2021, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Dustinw5220
  Homelander/New Artist kids during quarantine GeekyCynic 8 5,338 07-28-2020, 04:54 PM
Last Post: sbarrera
  Greta Thunberg - Civic or Artist? Bill the Piper 40 21,483 11-26-2019, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund