Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why One Baby Buster Voted For Donald Trump
(01-20-2017, 04:41 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(01-20-2017, 09:49 AM)Odin Wrote:
(01-19-2017, 12:40 PM)David Horn Wrote: @ Labor: Andrew Pudzer - who believes that minimum wage is unnecessary, and workers should be happy with the self-gratification of a job well done.  Not him, of course.

In a decent country somebody like this would have people with torches and pitchforks at his door.

I have a long list of those worthy of something better.  Tar and feathering and then riding out on a rail.

1. The Waltons.
2. All Hedge Fund managers.
3. Any CEO who does "financial engineering', outsourcing, hires H1B's and does a train your replacement program.
4. Any CEO who runs a skimming operation:  Banks, finance companies, title loans, etc.
5. Any economist who advocates skimming operations like Rogoff. Digital money is just plain stupid since it can be hacked , skimmed by Apple, Microsoft, etc., and denies privacy.
6. TBTF grifters.
What's your problem with the Walton's? Your problem with rest is understandable.
(01-20-2017, 05:02 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: What's your problem with the Walton's? Your problem with  rest is understandable.

They're the ultimate welfare queens.   The existence of low income welfare queens is questionable rhetoric, but the Waltons, it's the real deal.
---Value Added Cool
(01-20-2017, 04:54 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-20-2017, 04:05 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: The Tea Party is a motley crew of old Boomers and Silents who make plenty of money but still don't want to pay any taxes. They have turned the Republican Party into the most cruel and ruthless creeps this nation has seen since the days of Dixie and Jim Crow. They are the total opposite of a workers' movement.

Yes, America needs a real labor movement! And it would run Andrew Pudzer and his like out of town on a rail, and would not be fooled by a Lumpy Chump Grump who promises to make America great and then appoints mugwumps like Pudzer.
I suspect that they've paid/been paying their taxes like everyone else is supposed to be doing.

I don't know how many of them are tax evaders. But they are tax complainers, and they think somehow that lowering taxes is the only issue they should care about. They are the most narrow-minded, fanatical dufuses in the world. Remember what TEA stands for: Taxed Enough Already. I didn't make that up; THEY did. They are just about lowering taxes, and many of them dance to the racial dog whistle that this issues sounds in many deceived minds.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(01-19-2017, 02:59 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(01-19-2017, 10:54 AM)Anthony Wrote: But don't you think that the fact that they are incompetent means that this is going to be a one-man show - and a show by a one man who was characterized as a "New York liberal" by all his Ayn Rand-loving opponents in the Republican primaries?

That bus is gonna have a lot of bodies under it by the time Trump is finished.

No, because New York liberals don't appoint greedy fascists who love Ayn Rand.

No, they back out-of-touch elites like Hillary ... which leads to the election of greedy fascists and Ayn Rand lovers.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(01-19-2017, 03:30 PM)Mikebert Wrote: ...  Neither Tillerson nor Mathis strike me as incompetent.

Agreed.  Tillerson may be out of his element, though.  I would add GEN Kelly to the list of the fully competent, and Pompeo seems to be as well.  Kelly is certainly an asset; we'll have to see how Pompeo handles the ongoing investigation into Kremlin ties to the Trump insiders. 

On the other hand, the Billionaire Brigade has no redeeming value I can see.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(01-19-2017, 03:40 PM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(01-19-2017, 12:40 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(01-18-2017, 01:07 PM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(01-18-2017, 01:06 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: What's ironic is some of Trump's cabinet picks are not exactly the workingman's buddies.

Which ones are you thinking of?

Butting in, but that called for a response immediately

You don't claim to be a conservative, though.

These people (list above) are not conservatives either.  They are radicals, and we'll see just how far they go before someone stops them.
(01-20-2017, 02:51 PM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(01-20-2017, 11:37 AM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
(01-19-2017, 12:40 PM)David Horn Wrote: @ Labor: Andrew Pudzer - who believes that minimum wage is unnecessary, and workers should be happy with the self-gratification of a job well done.  Not him, of course.

In a decent country somebody like this would have people with torches and pitchforks at his door.

This country needs a real labor movement. Not a stealth PAC for politicians, not a crypto-Marxist front group ... but a real grass roots group that is actually run by real workers and whose mission is good paying jobs, reasonable Ts and Cs between workers and corporations, etc ... all the good motherhood and apple pie stuff.

The Tea Party, which is composed of real workers, has been trying to turn the Republican party into this, but with admittedly mixed success.

The Tea Party types I know have no earthily idea how the world actually works.  They blame the government for their less-than-successful lives, and want to give the corporations that have treated them badly full reign.  Really?  Don't they know the adage 'who benefits?'

Every one I know thinks the clock can be turned back to an earlier time, votes Republican by faith, yet wants the world created by FDR.  In short, they're naïve at the very least.  I guess Rush did his job and can rest on his laurels .. and the $100s Million he made peddling this garbage.
(01-20-2017, 04:05 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: The Tea Party is a motley crew of old Boomers and Silents who make plenty of money but still don't want to pay any taxes. They have turned the Republican Party into the most cruel and ruthless creeps this nation has seen since the days of Dixie and Jim Crow. They are the total opposite of a workers' movement.

Yes, America needs a real labor movement! And it would run Andrew Pudzer and his like out of town on a rail, and would not be fooled by a Lumpy Chump Grump who promises to make America great and then appoints mugwumps like Pudzer.

I suspect that they've paid/been paying their taxes like everyone else is supposed to be doing.

One of the prime goals of the GOP since Reagan, at least, is the death of the IRS.  They've almost killed the part they hate most, the audit division.  I assume it will now die completely.  FWIW, the only people able to hide their incomes from the tax man are people who receive their income from sources that don't report (or can easily lie), or have access to lawyers who can muddy the water.  Not folks like us, that's for sure.

Tax evasion is now estimated at roughly $300 Billion a year.
Hopefully Trump will do everything he says.
(01-21-2017, 09:37 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(01-19-2017, 10:54 AM)Anthony Wrote: But don't you think that the fact that they are incompetent means that this is going to be a one-man show - and a show by a one man who was characterized as a "New York liberal" by all his Ayn Rand-loving opponents in the Republican primaries?

No, they back out-of-touch elites like Hillary ... which leads to the election of greedy fascists and Ayn Rand lovers.

Was she really out of touch? Or just not a very good candidate? It's a question of what you call her, I guess. She wasn't out of touch with real issues, but too easily swept up in the rewards of power like raking speaking fees in from Goldman Sachs.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(01-21-2017, 10:03 AM)David Horn Wrote:

One of the prime goals of the GOP since Reagan, at least, is the death of the IRS.  They've almost killed the part they hate most, the audit division.  I assume it will now die completely.  FWIW, the only people able to hide their incomes from the tax man are people who receive their income from sources that don't report (or can easily lie), or have access to lawyers who can muddy the water.  Not folks like us, that's for sure.

I don't see the federal government and federal taxes disappearing anytime soon. As long as the federal government exists and federal taxes are needed to fund it, a federal department associated with tax collection will also exist.
(01-20-2017, 08:28 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

I don't know how many of them are tax evaders. But they are tax complainers, and they think somehow that lowering taxes is the only issue they should care about. They are the most narrow-minded, fanatical dufuses in the world. Remember what TEA stands for: Taxed Enough Already. I didn't make that up; THEY did. They are just about lowering taxes, and many of them dance to the racial dog whistle that this issues sounds in many deceived minds.
I don't blame them understanding that their view of the progressives is similar to mine. Progressives are known to be very generous with their promises and the spending of other peoples money on social programs that most taxpayers aren't entitled to receive themselves.
(01-21-2017, 11:46 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 09:37 AM)David Horn Wrote:

Was she really out of touch? Or just not a very good candidate? It's a question of what you call her, I guess. She wasn't out of touch with real issues, but too easily swept up in the rewards of power like raking speaking fees in from Goldman Sachs.

Even Bill tried to warn her ... in public!  Certainly Joe Biden was aware.  But Hillary is an inside baseball player.  She hates the politics, much like BHO.  So she missed public angst, and it cost her ... and us too.
(01-23-2017, 12:19 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 10:03 AM)David Horn Wrote: One of the prime goals of the GOP since Reagan, at least, is the death of the IRS.  They've almost killed the part they hate most, the audit division.  I assume it will now die completely.  FWIW, the only people able to hide their incomes from the tax man are people who receive their income from sources that don't report (or can easily lie), or have access to lawyers who can muddy the water.  Not folks like us, that's for sure.

I don't see the federal government and federal taxes disappearing anytime soon. As long as the federal government exists and federal taxes are needed to fund it, a federal department associated with tax collection will also exist.

What you say is true, but who's feet get held to the fire is totally arbitrary.  The IRS has been neutered in its audit function since GWB, and BHO couldn't reverse it.  So those able to end-run the agency, do and will (as noted in the link above).

It's all in service to wealth, as much of government is these days.  That's not a fault of government.  The fault lies with us. .. and the SCOTUS.  Citizens United made changing things dramatically harder.
(01-23-2017, 12:50 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-20-2017, 08:28 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

I don't blame them understanding that their view of the progressives is similar to mine. Progressives are known to be very generous with their promises and the spending of other peoples money on social programs that most taxpayers aren't entitled to receive themselves.

These are programs that all taxpayers are entitled to receive themselves, should it be needed. That's the point; it's social insurance for everyone. The slogan "other peoples' money" is the prime deceit; it's our money, and our government. Conservatives and liberals both have a voice in how much is spent, and for what, at least to an extent. Of course, with social security and medicare, all taxpayers receive the benefits that they have paid for.

Of course, I should note that Trump and conservatives want to further take away our voice in government, and tamp it down, by allowing big money to influence politics.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(01-21-2017, 09:54 AM)David Horn Wrote:

This country needs a real labor movement. Not a stealth PAC for politicians, not a crypto-Marxist front group ... but a real grass roots group that is actually run by real workers and whose mission is good paying jobs, reasonable Ts and Cs between workers and corporations, etc ... all the good motherhood and apple pie stuff.

The Tea Party, which is composed of real workers, has been trying to turn the Republican party into this, but with admittedly mixed success.

The Tea Party types I know have no earthily idea how the world actually works.  They blame the government for their less-than-successful lives, and want to give the corporations that have treated them badly full reign.  Really?  Don't they know the adage 'who benefits?'

Every one I know thinks the clock can be turned back to an earlier time, votes Republican by faith, yet wants the world created by FDR.  In short, they're naïve at the very least.  I guess Rush did his job and can rest on his laurels .. and the $100s Million he made peddling this garbage.

That just shows how atypical the supposed Tea Party types you know are.  Actual Tea Party activists hate FDR and depose establishment Republicans at every opportunity.  It wasn't the Democrats who got rid of Cantor and Boehner, you know.
(01-20-2017, 11:37 AM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: This country needs a real labor movement. Not a stealth PAC for politicians, not a crypto-Marxist front group ... but a real grass roots group that is actually run by real workers and whose mission is good paying jobs, reasonable Ts and Cs between workers and corporations, etc ... all the good motherhood and apple pie stuff.

The Tea Party as a labor movement? Where did you get this idea?  They are a libertarian-type conservative movement. Their principal opposition was to deficit-spending to fund liberal projects.   My understanding is that they were mainly composed of older, retired workers or self-employed individuals, as opposed to working-class wage earners.
(01-20-2017, 05:02 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-20-2017, 04:41 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:

I have a long list of those worthy of something better.  Tar and feathering and then riding out on a rail.

1. The Waltons.
2. All Hedge Fund managers.
3. Any CEO who does "financial engineering', outsourcing, hires H1B's and does a train your replacement program.
4. Any CEO who runs a skimming operation:  Banks, finance companies, title loans, etc.
5. Any economist who advocates skimming operations like Rogoff. Digital money is just plain stupid since it can be hacked , skimmed by Apple, Microsoft, etc., and denies privacy.
6. TBTF grifters.
What's your problem with the Walton's? Your problem with  rest is understandable.

I think he is referring to the Walmart Waltons, not the fictional TV family (which was my initial take).
(01-23-2017, 08:56 PM)Mikebert Wrote:
(01-20-2017, 11:37 AM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: This country needs a real labor movement. Not a stealth PAC for politicians, not a crypto-Marxist front group ... but a real grass roots group that is actually run by real workers and whose mission is good paying jobs, reasonable Ts and Cs between workers and corporations, etc ... all the good motherhood and apple pie stuff.

The Tea Party as a labor movement? Where did you get this idea?  They are a libertarian-type conservative movement. Their principal opposition was to deficit-spending to fund liberal projects.   My understanding is that they were mainly composed of older, retired workers or self-employed individuals, as opposed to working-class wage earners.

I hope you straightened out poor Warren on that one, mike. what's the chance of that? Wink

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(01-23-2017, 07:20 PM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 09:54 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(01-20-2017, 09:49 AM)Odin Wrote: In a decent country somebody like this would have people with torches and pitchforks at his door.

That just shows how atypical the supposed Tea Party types you know are.  Actual Tea Party activists hate FDR and depose establishment Republicans at every opportunity.  It wasn't the Democrats who got rid of Cantor and Boehner, you know.

Yeah, got rid of them and put in even worse corporate stooges from the Tea Party.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Donald Trump: polls of approval and favorability pbrower2a 792 313,945 10-08-2021, 06:08 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  BBC Video... Donald Trump and the MAFIA pbrower2a 2 1,828 05-29-2020, 03:47 PM
  I Voted Today. Bad Dog 19 9,470 11-11-2016, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  What if Donald Trump is the new John C. Fremont? Anthony '58 1 2,341 10-19-2016, 09:56 PM
Last Post: Einzige
  Prominent Republicans call for Donald Trump to drop out of the nomination pbrower2a 7 7,859 10-12-2016, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Odin
  Poll of the U.S. military has Gary Johnson tied with Donald Trump Dan '82 3 3,200 09-23-2016, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  Americans Aren't Buying Donald Trump's Immigration Rhetoric, Polls Show naf140230 7 5,937 09-22-2016, 11:33 AM
  Donald Trump And The New Social Darwinism Anthony '58 17 16,009 08-07-2016, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58