GI: Charlie Munger
ammosexual
reluctant millennial
(02-10-2022, 02:03 AM)JasonBlack Wrote: GI: Maria Callas, Milton Friedman
Silent: Margaret Thatcher, Barbara Walters, Charles Manson
Boomer: Niel Howe,
13er: Barack Obama
millennial: Lauren Southern

Neil Howe is a very typical Boomer. He is an excellent prophet!

Barack Obama is a Boomer/Xer cusp, so naturally he is not ultra-typical of either. I suppose I agree with your other choices.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(02-24-2022, 02:08 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(02-10-2022, 02:03 AM)JasonBlack Wrote: GI: Maria Callas, Milton Friedman
Silent: Margaret Thatcher, Barbara Walters, Charles Manson
Boomer: Niel Howe,
13er: Barack Obama
millennial: Lauren Southern

Neil Howe is a very typical Boomer. He is an excellent prophet!

Barack Obama is a Boomer/Xer cusp, so naturally he is not ultra-typical of either. I suppose I agree with your other choices.

NH is atypical of a boomer in that he tends to focus on describing processes from a neutral standpoint rather than focusing on making prescriptions or declarations (he does make these, but it tends to be toward the end). As a counter-example, my own writing style is very "boomer" in that I come out the gate with an opinionated, somewhat fiery tone. Millennials tend to mistake this kind of communication style for being incompetent/ignorant, when really there isn't much of a correlation in either direction.
ammosexual
reluctant millennial
there seem to be a far number of adaptives who were quite assertive: Napoleon, Che Guevara, Charles Manson, Simon Bolivar, Hugh Hefner, Margaret Thatcher

one more from each
atypical civics: Iceburg Slim
atypical reactives: Mao Zedong
atypical idealists: Pablo Escobar

What I might be seeing here is that adaptive gen passivity and others-directedness can leave a generational void of "alpha males", so the ones willing to step up to the plate can do so without much competition and take charge without too much difficulty. Thatcher isn't too unusual in that she's a cusper (1925) with more characteristic of her GI peers just to the other side of that age marker.

(10-24-2018, 11:11 AM)Bill the Piper Wrote: Trump is amoral, pecuniary and uncultured: three negative attributes of a Reactive leader. He seems to have some Millennial (!) traits too, as his leadership style pretends to be grand and focuses on building (e.g. the wall on the US-Mexico border).
You can accuse Trump of a lot, but as a real estate developer for nearly half a century, "pretends to build" is not one of them. What he doesn't build are the kind of things Civics focus on, such as collective projects, institutional works, etc.

Quote:A bad boomer would be a fanatic, someone like Osama.
this is essentially why I have Mao Zedong as atypical of reactive and more like a "bad boomer".
ammosexual
reluctant millennial
(03-15-2022, 09:23 AM)JasonBlack Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 11:11 AM)Bill the Piper Wrote: Trump is amoral, pecuniary and uncultured: three negative attributes of a Reactive leader. He seems to have some Millennial (!) traits too, as his leadership style pretends to be grand and focuses on building (e.g. the wall on the US-Mexico border).

You can accuse Trump of a lot, but as a real estate developer for nearly half a century, "pretends to build" is not one of them. What he doesn't build are the kind of things Civics focus on, such as collective projects, institutional works, etc.

Trump lacks taste in all things.  His buildings are always hyper-gaudy and less that fully functional.  Add his seeming inability to select great projects (e.g. how many of his golf properties are underwater), and you have an inept Billionaire -- not a rarity in itself.

Businessmen make bad politicians, because they are dictators, and who wants one of those running the government?  Lee Iacocca made that point himself. On the other hand, with Trump, you get the worst of both worlds.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(03-15-2022, 10:49 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 09:23 AM)JasonBlack Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 11:11 AM)Bill the Piper Wrote: Trump is amoral, pecuniary and uncultured: three negative attributes of a Reactive leader. He seems to have some Millennial (!) traits too, as his leadership style pretends to be grand and focuses on building (e.g. the wall on the US-Mexico border).

Trump lacks taste in all things.  His buildings are always hyper-gaudy and less that fully functional.  Add his seeming inability to select great projects (e.g. how many of his golf properties are underwater), and you have an inept Billionaire -- not a rarity in itself.

Businessmen make bad politicians, because they are dictators, and who wants one of those running the government?  Lee Iacocca made that point himself. On the other hand, with Trump, you get the worst of both worlds.

Plenty of people who build are tasteless and have power hungry tendencies. I was only asserting that his tendency to build was not fake in the slightest.
ammosexual
reluctant millennial
Kenneth Copeland (Silent Gen) is too boomer to function.
So is Pat Robertson
More generally, modern universities in the United States are full of Gen X who are wannabe millennial.
ammosexual
reluctant millennial
Charles de Gaulle comes off far more like an Idealist than a Reactive, in spite of being center wave Lost (1890 to 1970).
ammosexual
reluctant millennial
(01-07-2023, 08:10 PM)JasonBlack Wrote: Charles de Gaulle comes off far more like an Idealist than a Reactive, in spite of being center wave Lost (1890 to 1970).

He could be pretty cynical. But a whole group of powerful leaders who shaped the modern world were born under the 500-year Neptune-Pluto cycle beginning around 1892. They certainly were not very idealistic, as a rule. The more idealistic ones were born around 1880 at the end of idealist generation T and the previous Uranus-Neptune trine to the one in circa 1940.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A revised list of the "bad apples" of every generation Ghost 16 6,251 01-15-2023, 10:49 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Common Mistakes People Make with Generational Theory JasonBlack 15 2,684 10-16-2022, 11:11 AM
  My Specific Presidential Generation Range (s) Theory Cocoa_Puff 10 4,906 09-01-2022, 05:20 AM
  The Lost Generation: Not Gone Yet! Anthony '58 3 1,151 08-31-2022, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  What do you think are the major pros/cons of each current generation? JasonBlack 51 11,346 06-14-2022, 11:47 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  What If Everyone Born from 1967 to 1991 is Generation X? Victorian Jim Dandy 10 3,318 05-27-2022, 03:24 PM
  Most Useless Famous People of Each Generation JasonBlack 13 3,314 03-06-2022, 02:40 PM
  Entertainers by Generation GeekyCynic 4 1,499 02-20-2022, 01:07 AM
  Why is Consensus Important for People with Views not Winning? AspieMillennial 16 4,954 02-14-2022, 07:40 AM
  The "Bad Apples" of each generation Ghost 72 46,267 02-11-2022, 12:31 AM