Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halloween for Xer kids vs. New Silent kids
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.huffpos...932076/amp
2020: Halloween is another piece of evidence of the disruption of child life. This is just another piece of evidence of the most inglorious, unheroic, fcuked-up year in American history. The only good that I can see about so horrid a year as this one are:

1. that people who undergo hard times appreciate good ones better and do not take them for granted, and learn a few things the hard way which is one way in which to not forget the lesson, and

(depending on the result of the general election)

2. the weakening of the GOP, and

3. the defeat of Donald Trump with the assurance that we will never elect anyone like him for a long time.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(10-24-2020, 09:09 PM)GeekyCynic Wrote: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.huffpos...932076/amp

I remember this when it came out in 2014.  Big Grin

As pbrower notes, 2020 changes it all again.
Steve Barrera

[A]lthough one would like to change today's world back to the spirit of one hundred years or more ago, it cannot be done. Thus it is important to make the best out of every generation. - Hagakure

Saecular Pages
My Generation Gets Our Childhood Stripped Away Compilation #42069

As adults we're going to be so broken. Only midlife Millennials can save us now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Artist kids now have their own superhero team GeekyCynic 9 5,131 01-05-2021, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Dustinw5220
  Kids react = Homelanders react sbarrera 0 1,181 07-28-2020, 05:24 PM
Last Post: sbarrera
  Homelander/New Artist kids during quarantine GeekyCynic 8 5,340 07-28-2020, 04:54 PM
Last Post: sbarrera
  Famous New Silent (so far) GeekyCynic 4 5,468 03-01-2019, 08:59 PM
Last Post: Hintergrund